Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi

Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi

Saturday, February 4th, 2012 1:10am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,333

How about another Victory re-imagining by Guido Guidi? The fan favorite artist has updated his deviantART account with his version of Victory Bumblebee based on his Pretender appearance.

nother re-imagining of a classic character:
Bumblebee, as if appeared in the "TF:Victory" series - based on the 1989 pretender toy.
(I know it does already exist another character model used for a tv commercial)

Credit(s): Guido Guidi

Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342550)
Posted by BeastProwl on February 4th, 2012 @ 1:16am CST
Wouldn't want to meet HIM in a dark alley...
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342553)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 4th, 2012 @ 1:27am CST
Damn Guidi is awesome.
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342559)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on February 4th, 2012 @ 2:09am CST
Thanks Guido, that Bumblebee is one of my most prized posesions, even though I got him sans shell and with no weapons. He looks quite the warrior in this style.
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342563)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 4th, 2012 @ 2:27am CST
THAT is a badass Bumblebee!
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342574)
Posted by RhA on February 4th, 2012 @ 4:28am CST
The retrostyle is just pure love. My G1 sense is tingling.
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342606)
Posted by Samsonator on February 4th, 2012 @ 9:02am CST
That looks f**king amazing. I would pay money for a figure of Guidi's take on any of the classic pretender robots, hell I'd take a figurine... I don't give a sh*t if it transforms, as long as it looked like the artwork. Damn good.
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342630)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 4th, 2012 @ 11:22am CST
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342705)
Posted by alldarker on February 4th, 2012 @ 4:23pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:If this was a toy, I'd buy it and chunk out the original Classics 'Bee I already own. :lol:

But... It is a toy!

G1 Pretender Bumblebee:

And coincidently enough, I recently picked up this guy loose but complete too, together with the Pretender Grimlock I mentioned earlier in this thread.
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342738)
Posted by Seibertron on February 4th, 2012 @ 5:53pm CST
alldarker wrote:

But... It is a toy!

G1 Pretender Bumblebee:

Anyone ever notice how Pretender / Legends Bumblebee has Cliffjumper's head?

Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342747)
Posted by quickmixed on February 4th, 2012 @ 6:14pm CST
These are great Guido. So can we expect Victory Jazz next? Keep them coming. Its things like this, that I believe, help make you the fans favourite :APPLAUSE:

QM
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1342776)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 4th, 2012 @ 8:00pm CST
alldarker wrote:

But... It is a toy!

G1 Pretender Bumblebee:

I think he means one that looks as good as Guidi's art, which I agree on, there should totally be one in this style. :D
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1343015)
Posted by El Duque on February 5th, 2012 @ 12:43pm CST

Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1343064)
Posted by F Prime on February 5th, 2012 @ 2:48pm CST
El Duque wrote:We've seen Guido Guidi's take on Victory Starscream, how about a look at his concept for Starscream's Masterforce Pretender shell? Check the WIP image mirrored from his deviantART page.

Great pic, but every time I look at it I am drawn to the "lightning" leaving Screamer's codpiece.
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1343084)
Posted by Hellscream85 on February 5th, 2012 @ 3:20pm CST
Starscream isn't just a Pretender now, He is all a member of Victory's lesser known "Ballforce" which had a similar gimmick to the Breastforce, this of course put him in direct conflict with Leozack when he used his "Ballforce" abilities to impress Leozack's sister Lyzack :CON:
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1343085)
Posted by Hellscream85 on February 5th, 2012 @ 3:23pm CST
El Duque wrote:Artist Guido Guido has updated his deviantART account with a few unofficial pieces of Transformers art. Below we see Victory Starscream and toy accurate cartoon versions of Stunticons Dead End and Breakdown.

Just a quick experiment...what if the 1989 Starscream toy was featured in the Victory series?

Here's another experiment I wanted to do since long time.
Many characters in the G1 cartoon diverged greatly from their toy counterpart (most likely due different production schedules), so here's my first try:
toy-accurate "animation model" Stunticon Dead End!

Another toy-accurate model sheet for a character that greatly diverged from his toy counterpart - Stunticon Breakdown!

Since I did a Victory version of Starscream (based on the 1989 pretender inner robot) here're his 2 "brothers" too!
Just a cheap swap on palette

Another quick take on the recent TF:Victory Starscream piece:

Thundercracker in Action Masters Colors!
Cover your eyes!

Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1343110)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 5th, 2012 @ 4:39pm CST
Hellscream85 wrote:These seeker's are what Prime Starscream should have looked like instead of the piece of shit that he is

Yeah, he should have looked exactly like G1 Starscream, and totally not fit in with the art style of the show, brilliant suggestion. |:|
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1343133)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 5th, 2012 @ 6:12pm CST

Or did the big CC doll in the early '90s look different?

Regardless, as goofy as that toy might seem to some in hindsight, it was my first Starscream toy ever back in the day, so it's nice to see it get some professional love. Can't wait to see what artistic license Guido might take with Pretender Jazz...
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1343137)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on February 5th, 2012 @ 6:24pm CST
Funny, I've always imagined Stascream's Pretender shell to look something like Quamzin from Macross, or should I say Khyron from Robotech?

Both are known for being backstabbers, and are sneaky and rebellious. Heck, even their voices sound similar.
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1343138)
Posted by F Prime on February 5th, 2012 @ 6:26pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:A tad off-topic, but I'm not the only one who assumed Starscream's Pretender Shell's head gave us insight as to what Cobra Commander looks like unmasked, am I?

I never thought of that...but the comics/cartoons did give us a glimpse of some of the "masked" characters unmasked.

I believe that in the first picture, Cobra Commander had fake glasses and mustache. The second is from the animated movie, which portrays him as a non-human Cobra-La scientist who is sprayed by a mutative plant that causes him to grow all kinds of eyes.
Re: Victory Bumblebee by Guido Guidi (1343204)
Posted by Hellscream85 on February 6th, 2012 @ 12:41am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:

what art style? Oh you mean crap, I see you're right having someone look good would make every other design look even worse than they already do, except wheeljack when he actually has his faceplate up. I'm surprised a design as decent as that made it into Prime.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "2016 Transformers Autobot Drift Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 86 Grimlock and Autobot Wheelie Hasbro Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "*NEW* OFFICIAL Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie SS-38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus 2015 7" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Autobot Bumblebee Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot 5 WFC siege direct hit power punch storm cloud viper pteraxadon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jetfire Siege War for Cybertron MISB Beautiful L@@K! Prime Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Universe Sunstreaker With Reprolabels" on EBAY