Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi

Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi

Thursday, February 2nd, 2012 12:12pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,748

Continuing with his series of unofficial character designs artist Guido Guidi has updated his deviantART account with his version of Victory Grimlock. Check him out in the mirrored images below.

What if Grimlock appeared in the japanese TF:Victory series?
Based on the 1989 Pretender toy released in Japan (but without Pretender outer shell)

Markers on manga paper+ps colors.

Another piece done imagining how would have looked Grimlock in the TF:Victory series - Work in progress

Based on the 1989 Pretender toy released in Japan in the Victory series (but without Pretender outer shell)

Pencil sketch on smooth manga paper.

Credit(s): Guido Guidi

Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1341647)
Posted by dedcat on February 2nd, 2012 @ 12:24pm CST
me, dedcat love pretty picture!
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1341653)
Posted by alldarker on February 2nd, 2012 @ 12:35pm CST
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1341663)
Posted by BeastProwl on February 2nd, 2012 @ 1:02pm CST
That looks amazing. I want to draw like that...
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1341686)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 2nd, 2012 @ 1:46pm CST
Love it. I really enjoy these news stories. :D
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1341736)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 2nd, 2012 @ 3:19pm CST
Very interesting piece of art. ;)
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1341825)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on February 2nd, 2012 @ 5:51pm CST
This is amazing!! I wanna see this in g1 colors now
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1341854)
Posted by Aluus on February 2nd, 2012 @ 7:20pm CST
These toys were released in the US without pretender shells as well. I actually had this Grimlock figure. Bought at K-Mart as a kid. Simple bubble plastic on cardback packaging i believe. I didn't realize it was a pretender figure until discovering this site many, many years later.
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1341903)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 2nd, 2012 @ 10:20pm CST
Man, that amazing looking!
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1341944)
Posted by burning_sirius on February 3rd, 2012 @ 12:07am CST
This Grimlock could of been him in Victory. Grimlock never died. This is awesome. Definitely canonical for Grimlock during his Victory years.
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342343)
Posted by Mat001 on February 3rd, 2012 @ 5:02pm CST
alldarker wrote:What a coincidence! I literally just opened a package containing a complete Pretender Grimlock! Not a very impressive toy, but fun none-the-less, and this does look like him!

That's why I liked the Classic Pretenders when they were released in 89. They were a good substitute for the original toys, though Bumblebee was superior to the original and Goldbug.
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342547)
Posted by El Duque on February 4th, 2012 @ 1:09am CST
How about another Victory re-imagining by Guido Guidi? The fan favorite artist has updated his deviantART account with his version of Victory Bumblebee based on his Pretender appearance.

nother re-imagining of a classic character:
Bumblebee, as if appeared in the "TF:Victory" series - based on the 1989 pretender toy.
(I know it does already exist another character model used for a tv commercial)

Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342550)
Posted by BeastProwl on February 4th, 2012 @ 1:16am CST
Wouldn't want to meet HIM in a dark alley...
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342553)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 4th, 2012 @ 1:27am CST
Damn Guidi is awesome.
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342559)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on February 4th, 2012 @ 2:09am CST
Thanks Guido, that Bumblebee is one of my most prized posesions, even though I got him sans shell and with no weapons. He looks quite the warrior in this style.
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342563)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 4th, 2012 @ 2:27am CST
THAT is a badass Bumblebee!
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342574)
Posted by RhA on February 4th, 2012 @ 4:28am CST
The retrostyle is just pure love. My G1 sense is tingling.
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342606)
Posted by Samsonator on February 4th, 2012 @ 9:02am CST
That looks f**king amazing. I would pay money for a figure of Guidi's take on any of the classic pretender robots, hell I'd take a figurine... I don't give a sh*t if it transforms, as long as it looked like the artwork. Damn good.
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342630)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 4th, 2012 @ 11:22am CST
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342705)
Posted by alldarker on February 4th, 2012 @ 4:23pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:If this was a toy, I'd buy it and chunk out the original Classics 'Bee I already own. :lol:

But... It is a toy!

G1 Pretender Bumblebee:

And coincidently enough, I recently picked up this guy loose but complete too, together with the Pretender Grimlock I mentioned earlier in this thread.
Re: Victory Grimlock by Guido Guidi (1342738)
Posted by Seibertron on February 4th, 2012 @ 5:53pm CST
alldarker wrote:

But... It is a toy!

G1 Pretender Bumblebee:

Anyone ever notice how Pretender / Legends Bumblebee has Cliffjumper's head?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021