Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action!

Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action!

Saturday, July 28th, 2007 6:22pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 43,851

Hot on the heels of the San Diego Comic-Con's unveiling of new movie figures, Classics, and "Animated" series toys, is more news pertaining to the next series of Transformers. Shown at the Hasbro panel was a video clip showcasing the new "Transformers Animated", the clip includes transformation sequences, voice clips from the characters as well as a glimpse of many characters from the show, including Arcee and the Dinobots!

See the video clip on Enewsi.com by clicking here

And view all the photos of the toys from the new "Animated" series, as well as new Transformers Movie figures and the return of the Classics line by clicking here

Credit(s): Enewsi.com, Autobot032, horus

This article was last modified on Saturday, July 28th, 2007 6:27pm CDT

Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249484)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:29pm CDT

I loved the g1 references - Starscream's voice, the dinos, Arcee.

Can't wait to see the toys. I just hope that they can be displayed with the classics line toys without a glaring difference.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249490)
Posted by OptimusShr on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:32pm CDT
I'm digging it. Tom Kenny has a good Starscream and the rest of the cast sounds good as well. I have hope.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249493)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:35pm CDT
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G1 GRIMLOCK AND ARCEE

I was going to say something on how this looks very anime with the backgrounds but after seeing Grimlock I have to see this
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249495)
Posted by Spazicon on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:36pm CDT
Oh hell yes. That looked awesome. They are really taking this in the right direction. Starscream's voice is eerily close to his original Voice Actor's.

wildscorpio67 wrote:I was a bit skeptical at first, but that looks pretty good. I've learned from my mistakes with the movie...reserve judgment until I see it in action.

I loved the g1 references - Starscream's voice, the dinos, Arcee.

Too bad everyone isnt as wise, as you. Reserving judgment on something that has yet to be seen is something the wise practice.

And I must say, I am surprised at how good that looked.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249501)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:37pm CDT

Im feeling the same way as you. When I first saw the leaked movie designs I was thinking WTF have they done, but after seeing the 2 minute trailer I was blown out of the water. Ive seen the movie 5 times I like it so much.

Same thing for the show, I heard it was going to be animation ala samurai jack. I was thinking this is the most terrible thing they could have done, why couldnt they have sticked to CGI like Cybertron. But this show looks great and I am sure I will be a big fan of it. I'm already a fan of the figures.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249505)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:39pm CDT
why did they have to throw a kid in there? i thought that was just a japanese thing? i mean a young adult along the lines of spike would be fine but a fucking kid and a transforming triclye? please..lol

the rest looked fine though...nice to see actual cel animation again...that cgi stuff in the last series was craptacular
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249513)
Posted by Cybertron Optimus on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:42pm CDT
That was awesome.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249514)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:43pm CDT
Tom Kenny definitely nails Starscream - about as close as anyone could've hoped.

Designs look far better in motion than expected - I have hope. :)
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249515)
Posted by Steeleye on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:43pm CDT
Two words "Sucks noodles".
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249518)
Posted by Chaoslock on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:45pm CDT
Not bad. Must see an episode before giving it A+.

I have a question: After the scenes with Arcee, and then Ironhide, but before the little kid, there's a short scene with a transformer flying in space besides a spacecraft. Who is he?
(I think it must be Galvatron, since he got a cannon on his arm, but doesn't look like the Megatron design)
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249520)
Posted by what0080 on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:46pm CDT
Pros:
G1 Arcee, Dinobots, Starscream (Go Tom Kenny!), Megatron, toys

(Decepti)Cons:
EVERYTHING ELSE!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hurl...
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249521)
Posted by PaperBird on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:47pm CDT
copied form the other thread

My little doubts are now basically gone.

That was sooo awesome!!

I liked how everyone cheered for the Dinobots and Starscream (who I think Tom Kenny is doing a great job portraying from that clip). I'm interested to see how the little girl is going to fit in with all of this. The toys look decent too.

Overall, I am very excited for this series!
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249524)
Posted by Kryptoniteking on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:48pm CDT
:shock: That really sucked. I think the toys suck as well. They won't be added to my collection.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249532)
Posted by Prowl76 on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:53pm CDT
Looks cool to me.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249538)
Posted by Sephron1335 on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:56pm CDT
I'm even more excited now! Like a lot (seems like more and more every day), I was very skeptical, even disappointed at first. However, after more pics, reading interviews and seeing all of this today, I'm officially excited!! Tom Kenny was an odd choice, but wow, he just nailed that slithery, backstabbing voice that all of us hear in our heads when we think of Starscream. The toys look so much like their cartoon counterparts; very cool! It definitely looks cool. Now, we just need to see a few episodes to see what the stories are going to be like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I have a feeling there are going to be several very surprised people and this is going to be a pretty good show!
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249540)
Posted by Airhawk on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:58pm CDT
Hmm its a bit 50-50 with me

The overall quality of the animation looks pretty top notch, and more fluid than anything thats been thrown out for transformers so far and most of the voice work sounds pretty good. (Will have to hear more of Prime, but the one line he speaks makes him sound a bit, odd)

My only real gripe is I'm still not liking the designs at all, I've never liked the TT/Batman anime copycat style of art though, but I'll still give the show a look when it comes out.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249541)
Posted by Galaxy_Convoy on July 28th, 2007 @ 6:58pm CDT
I am truly speechless. All I feel is joy and completion everytime I look at that video clip... :x
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249544)
Posted by Creature SH on July 28th, 2007 @ 7:00pm CDT
*taste taste* hhhmmmmm, polarizing !

It's still really difficult to judge.

I like all the returning elements of and little nods to the previous incarnations. The animation looks rather fluid. The themesong is probably the best official version on TV since G1 season 3.

I dislike the anime influences in the style, which are the most obvious on the human, who could turn out to be annoying. (at least it's just one kid this time). Bulkhead was seen in a classical stock footage transformation, which is always something that hurts the flow of Transformers shows greatly. A mouth on Prime just bugs me, and I didn't really care for the voice coming out of it.

I still think that this show could be good... A guilty pleasure at worst. I think the option of it being entirely unwatchable can be ruled out by now.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249550)
Posted by Craven Knight on July 28th, 2007 @ 7:03pm CDT
I was getting hopefull once it started and thinking "this might just be an okay show"... and then I saw the little girl sidekick with the jetpack.

This'll suck... but I'll probably still watch.
Re: Video Clip of Transformers "Animated" Series in Action! (249553)
Posted by Skowl on July 28th, 2007 @ 7:04pm CDT
When will they stop ruining Prime with those awful lips?! :sad:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
"Til All Are 2021"
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

Buy "SWERVE Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS Universe Series Action Figure 2004 COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse SKY BYTE, Tiny Turbo Changers 2020" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TG-25 ORION PAX VS MEGATRONUS Figure TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES - ENERGON ARMOR SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Frenzy & Buzzsaw 2 Pack 2015 SDCC Exclusive Set" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY