Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display

Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display

Saturday, June 26th, 2010 4:28pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 44,636

Seibertron.com's video footage of the Hunt For The Decepticons display has just come in and been uploaded to Facebook. View the video here or below:

Along with this news comes a new functionality in our forums. You can now post videos from your Facebook acounts by adding the video number into the pre-programed Facebook tags. Give it a try if you're a member, and if not: What are you waiting for? Join now!

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 1st, 2010 2:33am CDT

Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090854)
Posted by Nekoman on June 26th, 2010 @ 4:50pm CDT
The news from this year's Botcon continues, as our gallery of the Hunt For The Decepticons display is updated with photos of Scout Class Breacher. To view the images click here.

Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090858)
Posted by Nekoman on June 26th, 2010 @ 5:08pm CDT
The Battle Ops Bumblebee figure shown at Botcon this year can be seen now through video footage. Sold under the Hunt For The Decepticon line, Bumblebee is an entirely new mold coming out just in time for the holiday season! To view the video click here or scroll down:

Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090863)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on June 26th, 2010 @ 5:25pm CDT

I notice that more and more of the new bots and cons are actually coming with guns and other assorted weapons, which leads me to believe that someone is actually listening at Hasbro's helm now.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090871)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on June 26th, 2010 @ 5:58pm CDT
Cobalt Prime wrote:Finally! A Fallen with a proper head, proper articulating hands, a WEAPON, and a color scheme that doesn't suck! I will buy that and throw my other one into the vacuous depths of my storage closet.

I thought that was just a repaint, but they did remold the head and hands, and gave him the staff. The original mold is a huge failure, but I might get that one on clearance.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090892)
Posted by Megazarak on June 26th, 2010 @ 8:42pm CDT
Great looking group of figures. Blurr looks cool enough to warrant a second purchase of the mold. The Fallen looks WAY better than the original one. Axor and Dlx Rescue Ratchet look really good as well.

Tomahawk, Terradive and Highbrow all look awesome, with cool weapons and great head molds. Highbrow's head in particular is great cause it looks like he's smiling cause he thinks he's better than you.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090910)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:07pm CDT
Tomahawk, Terradive and Highbrow are awesome. I ama sucker for ariel bots so they are must haves. Breacher loos great, and the fallen isnt too bad. Superior to the first attempts but don't know how i feel about the paint scheme.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090917)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:12pm CDT
Oh wow, Highbrow looks amazing! I am a huge fan of WWII planes, and that is one of the most amazing TFs I have ever seen. I'm really excited about this.

I think I may be skipping PCC so I can collect Generations & HFTD.

Speaking of Generations, Blurr looks pretty good, but for some reason I expected him to look a little better. Don't know why. But I will be buying him for certain. Love the guns.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090921)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:18pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote: I think I may be skipping PCC so I can collect Generations & HFTD.

Agreed. I'd love to see a Wreckers Perceptor to go along with that sniper rifle.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090931)
Posted by frenzyXprime on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:30pm CDT
what is Highbrow's alt mode!!!???
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090932)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:33pm CDT
I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the old The Fallen, but this one has the accurate face design which I HATE, but the new staff and Hands are awesome....hmmm.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090970)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 26th, 2010 @ 10:47pm CDT
There's rumor that the Fallen's face is removable..... if that's true I'm SO getting him, regardless of having the same basic mold.

He doesn't seem to have the head-flames/solar panels, instead a lighter-colored neck, and his crown has an apparent joint and split. But I may be looking far to into it.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090981)
Posted by Prime Riblet on June 26th, 2010 @ 11:35pm CDT
frenzyXprime wrote:what is Highbrow's alt mode!!!???

Lockheed P-38 Lighting.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090984)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on June 26th, 2010 @ 11:48pm CDT
Just awesome.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1090995)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on June 27th, 2010 @ 12:37am CDT
Prime Riblet wrote:
frenzyXprime wrote:what is Highbrow's alt mode!!!???

Lockheed P-38 Lighting.

A very alternate history version of the P-38 Lightning, what with the stubby, nonfunctional wings, the oversized weapons, the pushed back cockpit, the Star-Trek-style dish array on what passes for the nose, and the generally cartoonish proportions. Really doesn't fit with the rest of the movie toys. Although to be fair I guess Mindwipe's Altmode isn't exactly accurate either.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1091004)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on June 27th, 2010 @ 12:53am CDT
I have no problem with off vehicle modes, but the HEADS, why are they so un movie looking? Doesn't fit in at all, I hope there's heads that can switch in for those...
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1091011)
Posted by MatrixWithinUs on June 27th, 2010 @ 1:25am CDT

On another note, I'm surprised so many people seem to be disappointed that highbrow isn't more movie-verse looking. I thought a lot of people were tired of the movie figs. Things are so jumbled up it's hard to keep track of who is for what and who hates everything. I'm loving the generations line... What ever figs I can't get there then I'll fill in with bayformers until I can get a better homage for my collection. Oh well
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1091013)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 27th, 2010 @ 1:57am CDT
I'm personally very glad for the return to more conventional-looking faces. I was definitely tired of the bug heads. It's really great that we're on a break between films, because Hasbro has a chance to be really creative and just make great toys, as opposed to being constrained by screen accuracy.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1091032)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on June 27th, 2010 @ 3:21am CDT
MatrixWithinUs wrote:I figure with headrobots around, they might make an add on for highbrow, like they did for hardhead. Highbrow isn't that g1 looking though, so I dunno.

Well, it mostly has to do with that I got into(as in where I started actually learning about it) TransFormers BECAUSE of the first movie. Plus, I prefer their design, I guess that's a bit odd apparently o_O

Though I must agree with Kirbenvost, it's good to see some creativity, in fact the green plane guy(HighBrow, was it?) looks fantastic, and I wouldn't be bugged by the face except that it's supposed to be a movie figure, it's face doesn't fit in.
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1091203)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 27th, 2010 @ 1:36pm CDT
I seen these when I was at Botcon yesterday the new scouts are going to be awesome plus the WW2 plane I can't wait
Re: Video Footage of Botcon Hunt For The Decepticons Display (1091836)
Posted by Leviathan on June 29th, 2010 @ 10:36am CDT
:CON: Terrordive, Hailstorm, Tomahawk... You WILL be mine :CON:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -Combiner Wars- Optimus Maximus - Ironhide Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Combiner Wars - Menasor - With Comics and Cards" on EBAY