Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron

Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron

Monday, May 1st, 2017 10:24am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 20,779

Have you been having issues getting your silencer to attach to your MP-36 Megatron? Has your barrel suffered some scuffing, paint imperfections, and maybe even some breakage? Do you know someone who has suffered with this issue? Well, we have an answer for you today.

Seibertronian Cyberpath found a video posted that helps shows you how to attach the silencer. The video was posted by Kippling Mertens on Youtube and shows a little bit of transformation in the silencer to help solve the issue. Now mind you this is in the instructions as Cyberpath pointed out, but sometimes a nice video is what you need to see to get the piece to work right. Check it out, and us know if this helped at all!

Credit(s): Kippling Mertens on Youtube

Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878548)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 1st, 2017 @ 11:01am CDT

I think he got lucky with his piece.

But it's worth pointing out, if only for the people that tried the cannon-face gimmick before the gun-mode.

Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878555)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 1st, 2017 @ 11:42am CDT
Nice pics Cyberpath!! Happily, my CW Megatron is in his own sector :lol:
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878581)
Posted by kurthy on May 1st, 2017 @ 2:58pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Yeah, not a big revelation since this is how it comes out of the box. And the instructions do show that the two raised streaks need to be facing downwards.

I think he got lucky with his piece.

I concur. He definitely got lucky with his because my scope won't even go on if it is turned the wrong way.

itscramtastic wrote:Nice pics Cyberpath!! Happily, my CW Megatron is in his own sector :lol:

CW Megs got relocated to the 8 year old's room.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878584)
Posted by dragons on May 1st, 2017 @ 3:10pm CDT
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878595)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 1st, 2017 @ 4:02pm CDT

Thank you! Hide him from MP Laserbeak.
Does it mean you got MP-36?

dragons wrote:Unless you can read Japanese instructions are not clear what to do by pictures alone pictures help half way but other half need learn read Japanese

You can download Google Translate on your phone; it can even translate Japanese text real-time now.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878606)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 1st, 2017 @ 4:47pm CDT
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878658)
Posted by kurthy on May 1st, 2017 @ 9:00pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I thought I saw that in the instructions. To be honest I didn't fully understand the barrel rotated like that. Not sure I'm going to try it since I think I'm done handling my Megs. FYI, it's not a silencer but a barrel extension. On a real gun, it would allow for longer ranges and/or higher calibers.

The barrel is grooved in such a way that it has to be rotated 90° or it can't slide on. It's just so tight that most people have to wiggle it to get it off the barrel, which causes the scraping. There was someone that advocated removing the tiny cylinder that slides inside the barrel.

The guy in the video basically won the mp-36 lottery because he is one of the rare few that got a good fit.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878705)
Posted by EunuchRon on May 2nd, 2017 @ 3:22am CDT
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878733)
Posted by Diem on May 2nd, 2017 @ 11:48am CDT
EunuchRon wrote:Something I don't get is why Takara picked the Grammer Nazi logo for their Long Life Design badge on the box. Anyone know what's up with that?

Not sure if this was meant to be a joke or not, but that's the logo for the Good Design Award.

Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878736)
Posted by EunuchRon on May 2nd, 2017 @ 12:25pm CDT
Wow, I didn't know that was a thing! I only saw this before:

All Heil Megatron, ja? :-D
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878737)
Posted by william-james88 on May 2nd, 2017 @ 12:27pm CDT
EunuchRon wrote:All Heil Megatron, ja? :-D

he's already based on a Nazi gun, the connection has been around since his inception.

Although his setup is based on the gun from the man from U.N.C.L.E.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878845)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 2nd, 2017 @ 11:52pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
EunuchRon wrote:All Heil Megatron, ja? :-D

Although his setup is based on the gun from the man from U.N.C.L.E.

Funny story, the creator of Man From UNCLE was friends with Ian Fleming, and when he saw the iconic pic of Sean Connery holding the Walther P98 he decided to use it in his new show; with some changes.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878886)
Posted by Diem on May 3rd, 2017 @ 8:52am CDT
At the risk of getting off topic Megatron+Hitler is one of the villain teamups that actually would work (for a given value of "would work"). After all, Megatron can turn into a PPK and has access to methods of time travel, he totally could have been there in the bunker.

Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878898)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 3rd, 2017 @ 9:34am CDT
Diem wrote:At the risk of staying on topic I should have MP-36 arriving by the end of the week. For all who own him or who have just been following the various warnings more effectively than I, what are the do's, the don'ts and oh-my-god-please-don't-why-would-you-even-think-about-that's?

* Loosen the the screw on his lower back a lil bit. Under all the black panels. (There was a pic somewhere..)

* Sand down the edge of the pin that scratches the shoulder.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/m ... t-14541995

* If the barrel can't travel on the grey plastic arm (first step) you'll need to sand down or shave those teeth till it works. (Take off a little every time and check.)

* If the silencer doesn't attach and detach as easily and freely as in this video then sand the inside of the silencer and the inside black plug like in Logan and Jarrod's pix.
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ong/37752/
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/m ... t-14486858
You don't actually have to unscrew and split open the silencer, you can take a nail-file to the plug and sandpaper to the end of the silencer; but I hear it's easier if you open.

* Logan said to also sand this a little bit:
viewtopic.php?t=108054&p=1873018#p1873018

* Maybe have a few YouTube videos open during first transformation in case the instructions booklet looks too busy:
If a step isn't clear in one of of the videos just switch to another. Or if you want to double/triple check something, like a really stiff joint you're unsure about.

* You can transform him with either chest-plate or none, likewise the faces.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878906)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 3rd, 2017 @ 11:40am CDT

Have fun with Megatron. This is a figure to be enjoyed, not handled with kit gloves.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878909)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 3rd, 2017 @ 12:01pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Try transforming before you loosen screws. The legs are sturdy and can take a bit if force. There was no need to loosen mine, or many others, that is more a tactic born from fear than need.

It can always be tightened back.

Ironhidensh wrote:I also think the sanding of parts will prove to be nothing more than a delaying tactic. Takara made a bad choice with the paint. It WILL scratch and chip, if not now than later.

It's not just to protect the paint. Without sanding, the silencer doesn't slide all the way through. (Unless you got lucky with your piece.) Some even broke the barrel trying to remove it.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878972)
Posted by kurthy on May 3rd, 2017 @ 4:02pm CDT

He is surprisingly forgiving except the paint. I even knocked him off an end table, freaked out because I thought he was fragile, only to find no damage. I've transformed him a couple times with no issues despite the few times I thought I was using excessive force.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878984)
Posted by Burn on May 3rd, 2017 @ 4:40pm CDT
Diem wrote:I should have MP-36 arriving by the end of the week.

Did you order from Premium Collectables as well?

HA! I joke. It'll be a long time before he arrives from them.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1878986)
Posted by Diem on May 3rd, 2017 @ 4:43pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Diem wrote:I should have MP-36 arriving by the end of the week.

Did you order from Premium Collectables as well?

HA! I joke. It'll be a long time before he arrives from them.

I ordered from BBTS because a day without using excessive force trying to remove an orange bung from a delicate, expensive figure is like a day without sunshine.
Re: Video Help for Attaching the Silencer for Takara MP-36 Megatron (1879228)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 4th, 2017 @ 2:57pm CDT
The gun-mode is so awesome and I love holding it, but it was time to transform him back! (less than 50 minutes.) The precautions seem to have worked, too.

Optibotimus rules for always showing transformations in both directions.

Now I "need" an MP Starscream, whether it be MP-11 or "Howling Meteor"..

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Optimus Prime - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures (E7112)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Battle Call Figure Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cliffjumper Cyberverse NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse MEGATRON Commander Class Complete w/ Weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse ARCEE Legion Class 3" Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Thundercracker near complete in good condition not reissue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Series 2 001 Bumblebee (MISB)" on EBAY