Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 10:16pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 36,602

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow (and new!) Seibertronian MachineHeart88 has shared with us a video review / look at the new and upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron, in its second incarnation in the line! Check it out below, along with some images from TFW2005's user tco's in hand images of the Decepticon leader in his many faces.

This is the video on hand Megatron 2.0 prepared to customers who have ordered before
The product is very good at painting. Good match with large metal parts at gun mode.
:TAKARATOMY:



Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Credit(s): MachineHeart88, tco (TFW)


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868865)
Posted by Qwan on March 23rd, 2017 @ 10:34pm CDT
That.. actually looks a lot kibblier than I was expecting?

Don't get me wrong I'm still totally in love with the way this guy looks, but with such a super-clean front side I was surprised to see the number of panels and various pieces hanging out on his back. Gun mode looks a right treat, though I'm still unsure as to what the situation will be in Australia with all those replica gun laws and things, and I still adore the whole battle-damaged thing he can have going on!

Bottom line I'm still almost certainly going to spring for this guy if I can - and seeing that he's not perfect weirdly makes him more appealing to me I think. Either way, it'd be great to have the two definitive faction leaders finally facing off in my collection!
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868866)
Posted by sol magnus on March 23rd, 2017 @ 10:52pm CDT
MP -36 Megatron is all of it.
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868872)
Posted by Albatross250 on March 23rd, 2017 @ 11:03pm CDT
"You can't trick the Autobots if you can't make an Optimus Clone"
Image
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868873)
Posted by Kurona on March 23rd, 2017 @ 11:04pm CDT
Albatross250 wrote:"You can't trick the Autobots if you can't make an Optimus Clone"
Image

Gosh DARN it, you beat me to the meme! :lol:
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868894)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 24th, 2017 @ 1:20am CDT
It' so good to be so bad and sexy! At least his thighs are! :lol:
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868895)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 24th, 2017 @ 1:42am CDT
Image

"Give me your face!"

No no no, uhm....

*deep menacing Orson Wells voice* "Behold, Megatron's face"

NO! :BANG_HEAD: Ugh, being witty yet keeping the reference is harder than it looks...
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868896)
Posted by Qwan on March 24th, 2017 @ 1:57am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Image

"Give me your face!"

No no no, uhm....

*deep menacing Orson Wells voice* "Behold, Megatron's face"

NO! :BANG_HEAD: Ugh, being witty yet keeping the reference is harder than it looks...

(Recorded conversation between Takara and Megatron, circa 2016)

"You will lend your likeness to a Masterpiece 2.0 figure. It is the one thing, the only thing, that can get us more money."
"Why should I? I've already got an MP! What's in it for me?"
"Your previous figure was highly dubious. ...But very well. We will give you multiple faces, and battle-damaged parts to swap out."
"And?"
"AND NOTHING! ...Well, maybe an energy pistol with optional beam accessory, that energy saber that's totally not a lightsaber, an energy mace with swappable articulated chain and actual chain, the Key to Vector Sigma, and that silly helmet you wore that one time."
"..."
"You belong to me, now."

...I spent way too much time on that. :lol:
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868922)
Posted by Evil Eye on March 24th, 2017 @ 7:21am CDT
He's a kibbly mess that only looks good from the front, his transformation looks like an absolute ballache, and he's boring, flat grey. If I ever get an MP Megatron, this will not be it. Sorry, Takara, but your "100% G1 accuracy to the exclusion of good design and aesthetics" philosophy just isn't for me. Maketoys will get my money (again, assuming I ever get an MP scaled Megatron).
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868928)
Posted by galvatron00 on March 24th, 2017 @ 8:17am CDT
Not gonna lie, I hate that I want this figure. I'd bet I have a ton of fun with it. I'm sad I cancelled my pre-order!! :-(

He's got flaws, but as mentioned above, the flaws make me like him. If he was perfect in both modes something wouldn't be right with the transformation..or something.....somewhere..!!
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868929)
Posted by galvatron00 on March 24th, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT
Qwan wrote:(Recorded conversation between Takara and Megatron, circa 2016)

"You will lend your likeness to a Masterpiece 2.0 figure. It is the one thing, the only thing, that can get us more money."
"Why should I? I've already got an MP! What's in it for me?"
"Your previous figure was highly dubious. ...But very well. We will give you multiple faces, and battle-damaged parts to swap out."
"And?"
"AND NOTHING! ...Well, maybe an energy pistol with optional beam accessory, that energy saber that's totally not a lightsaber, an energy mace with swappable articulated chain and actual chain, the Key to Vector Sigma, and that silly helmet you wore that one time."
"..."
"You belong to me, now."

...I spent way too much time on that. :lol:
Excellent work!!!! :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN:
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868930)
Posted by dragons on March 24th, 2017 @ 8:19am CDT
Wasn't much of video review didn't important stuff size comparison, transformation all was shown accessories.,

Here's articulation from looking at picture hand, fingers, waist, arms, biceps , triceps, legs, ankle, thigh, movement no to show articulation in video and head and neck with wrist
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868934)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 24th, 2017 @ 8:34am CDT
He actually looks pretty "clean" to me.


itscramtastic wrote:Not gonna lie, I hate that I want this figure. I'd bet I have a ton of fun with it. I'm sad I cancelled my pre-order!! :-(

He's got flaws, but as mentioned above, the flaws make me like him. If he was perfect in both modes something wouldn't be right with the transformation..or something.....somewhere..!!

You did? :shock:
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868935)
Posted by Beyonder on March 24th, 2017 @ 8:35am CDT
To me, Megatron's transformation must be fun, and not a nightmare. That is the true engineering challenge. This is the prime reason why leader class combiner wars Megatron got my money more than twice. He looks like the G1 megatron I know, and his transformation is quicker than my short fuse. And I can actually see how they can engineer a simple gun megatron from the CW megatron (so please don't tell me it can't be done).

I would say that MP01 Optimus' transformation, while takes abit of time, is really fun. I can't say the same for many gun G1 Megatron (the previous MP megs and Apollyon for eg). This piece looks like another transformative-nightmare however good the figure looks, which is probably the reason why the Youtube vid person did not proceed to transform him.

I wanna see how Megatron is transformed this time. Pun intended.
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868937)
Posted by galvatron00 on March 24th, 2017 @ 8:58am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:He actually looks pretty "clean" to me.
itscramtastic wrote:Not gonna lie, I hate that I want this figure. I'd bet I have a ton of fun with it. I'm sad I cancelled my pre-order!! :-(

He's got flaws, but as mentioned above, the flaws make me like him. If he was perfect in both modes something wouldn't be right with the transformation..or something.....somewhere..!!

You did? :shock:
I did :( TFL asked for payment a few weeks ago (typically I just pre-buy things with them) and I said I wasn't sure if I had the funds. He said he'd hold it for me, I said "nah, give someone else a chance".

REGRETS!!!!!!!!
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868946)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on March 24th, 2017 @ 9:31am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:He actually looks pretty "clean" to me.
itscramtastic wrote:Not gonna lie, I hate that I want this figure. I'd bet I have a ton of fun with it. I'm sad I cancelled my pre-order!! :-(

He's got flaws, but as mentioned above, the flaws make me like him. If he was perfect in both modes something wouldn't be right with the transformation..or something.....somewhere..!!

You did? :shock:
I did :( TFL asked for payment a few weeks ago (typically I just pre-buy things with them) and I said I wasn't sure if I had the funds. He said he'd hold it for me, I said "nah, give someone else a chance".

REGRETS!!!!!!!!

im getting apollyon until the darkside mp megs comes.
and if the mp doesnt stand up to apollyon then the mp will go else where and polly will be my megs.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868949)
Posted by galvatron00 on March 24th, 2017 @ 9:36am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:im getting apollyon until the darkside mp megs comes.
and if the mp doesnt stand up to apollyon then the mp will go else where and polly will be my megs.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Darkside MP Megatron? What is this?

MP Megatron doesn't have a darkside, haven't you seen all his happy faces?! :-D
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868951)
Posted by Big Grim on March 24th, 2017 @ 9:38am CDT
His poseability looks good but he also looks like a kibbly nightmare to transform. Still utterly happy with Despotron. I hope those who get this Megatron as equally as happy.
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868954)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on March 24th, 2017 @ 9:45am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:im getting apollyon until the darkside mp megs comes.
and if the mp doesnt stand up to apollyon then the mp will go else where and polly will be my megs.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Darkside MP Megatron? What is this?

MP Megatron doesn't have a darkside, haven't you seen all his happy faces?! :-D

you know what the darkside is


Big Grim wrote:His poseability looks good but he also looks like a kibbly nightmare to transform. Still utterly happy with Despotron. I hope those who get this Megatron as equally as happy.

whats the big obsessions with despy. looks like megs had way toooo many donuts
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868972)
Posted by Big Grim on March 24th, 2017 @ 10:54am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Big Grim wrote:His poseability looks good but he also looks like a kibbly nightmare to transform. Still utterly happy with Despotron. I hope those who get this Megatron as equally as happy.

whats the big obsessions with despy. looks like megs had way toooo many donuts

Or, in other eyes, (like mine), he looks solid and strong, with great poseability and a damned fine transformation. He's a really good quality product who is perfect for Megatron for me. He fits in with Prime nicely. Less of the excessive cartoon accuracy that the line has veered towards in recent offerings.

As with most things, this is all subjective. My opinions may not line up with yours and that's just fine.
Re: Video Review and In-Hand Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1868986)
Posted by Seibertron on March 24th, 2017 @ 12:03pm CDT
I love just about everything about Masterpiece Megatron, except for his robo vagina.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
Twincast / Podcast #271:
"Meh-pisode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Series 4 MEGATRON Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot New MIB Betatron Combiner Scattorshot " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BOTBOTS.Magic Tricksters.Series 4.The Great Mumbo Bumblo.Figure.NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime New MIB Ultra Prime Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Spinister Deluxe Class Non Smoking Home" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES DELUXE SOUNDWAVE w/ LASERBEAK MIB" on EBAY