Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron

Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron

Monday, October 21st, 2019 5:54pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 28,779

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Lord Chaonix we've learned that TonTon on YouTube has posted a video review for the new Transformers Studio Series #54 Voyager Megatron. With a shiny silver paintjob and several design cues taken from his masterpiece incarnation this is a figure sure to be prized by fans of the movies, fans of Megatron, fans of well designed utterly evil looking transforming puzzle robots everywhere. Although most of him appears to be new his chest seems to be a redeco of the Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Megatron. Is this vile villain with a penchant for tearing Autobots asunder on your radar or are you topped out on Megatrons at this point? (As if that were possible). Make sure to let us know what you think in the forums and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!


Credit(s): Lord Chaonix at Seibertron/TonTon Reviews at YouTube


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042606)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 21st, 2019 @ 5:56pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:I just thought of something. Since Mixmaster forms only the head of the combiner, does that make him a headmaster? :-?


That's deep. And now of course as soon as I have Mixmaster, I'll have to see how SS Devy's head looks sitting on top of Grand Max...
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042614)
Posted by Rtron on October 21st, 2019 @ 6:34pm CDT
Ok, after seeing that review I'm disliking the new Studio Series Megatron a bit less, but I still can't get over the reused chest. I hope they release a variant with a new chest at some point. Maybe an exclusive?
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042616)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 21st, 2019 @ 6:39pm CDT
1) shockwave looks a heck of a lot nicer in hand, nice!

2) mixmaster is looking good, and i am stoked for Devy to be coming together! The transformation matches the movie too, splendid!

3) Megatron looks better in that review, but still, why the wrong chest?
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042625)
Posted by Rtron on October 21st, 2019 @ 6:50pm CDT
Yeah, honestly without the wrong chest it could have been an actually great figure. Seeing the review makes the choice even HARDER to understand. It's so bizarre, like, they went through all that trouble with the transformation to get rid of the back kibble and give him a more accurate silhouette and back molding... Just to throw it away by reusing the chest???

Also, very sad it seems we won't be getting Frenzy.

At least Shockwave and Mixmaster continue the awesomeness most of the line has us used to at this point.
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042641)
Posted by Skritz on October 21st, 2019 @ 8:03pm CDT
I was wondering: will we see a Studio Series The Fallen? Yes he is a lame character but he's got such a cool design.
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042642)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 21st, 2019 @ 8:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Image

Red face, WOOHOO!
As it is supposed to be a
Red face, WOOHOO!
See the daring devastatin'
Red face, WOOHOO!
Not silver face or flat gray face, no
Red face, WOOHOO!

and it looks easier to transform unlike the complicated mess that we got years ago
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042645)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 21st, 2019 @ 8:34pm CDT
Really nice, video review of SS Megatron. and I think it looks better than the MP version, in both modes. The jet is just so sleek IMO. It's the best original version of this design so far. I bet an OSKO version would just be spectacular and I might buy both the official and OSKO version (and I HATED this character design, at least in terms of toys, previously).
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042649)
Posted by Triggerdick Megatron on October 21st, 2019 @ 8:50pm CDT
[quote="Nathaniel Prime"]Image/quote]

The head looks like a Mighty Max set! Remember them?!?!
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042658)
Posted by DeathReviews on October 21st, 2019 @ 10:39pm CDT
I'll let the movie fans have this one. Yes, I'm a fan of Megatron, but I've never been a fan of what I deem as the hot mess which is Bayverse Megatron. No matter how they work the 2007 version, it always looks like a pile of used Brill-O. And the head always looks like a photo that was taken out of focus. Pass.
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042743)
Posted by Zeedust on October 22nd, 2019 @ 10:17pm CDT
Quick coplaint: I REALLY hope that Overload is gonna have somewhere to put Rampage's stand and Scrapmetal's shield, because I'm really not fond of having spare parts off to the side that you can't do anything with, and I'd hate for something like that to bring down a landmark figure like Devastator (most expensive combiner with most components, may of may not wind up being biggest combiner), who is otherwise shaping up to be pretty nice

Triggerdick Megatron wrote:The head looks like a Mighty Max set! Remember them?!?!


...Oooh man, right in the niostalgia...
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042744)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 22nd, 2019 @ 10:20pm CDT
Zeedust wrote:Quick coplaint: I REALLY hope that Overload is gonna have somewhere to put Rampage's stand and Scrapmetal's shield, because I'm really not fond of having spare parts off to the side that you can't do anything with, and I'd hate for something like that to bring down a landmark figure like Devastator (most expensive combiner with most components, may of may not wind up being biggest combiner), who is otherwise shaping up to be pretty nice

Triggerdick Megatron wrote:The head looks like a Mighty Max set! Remember them?!?!


...Oooh man, right in the niostalgia...

You're supposed to use the stand to reinforce his foot and the shield just stays on the arm as part of the finger
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042755)
Posted by Zeedust on October 23rd, 2019 @ 1:42am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:You're supposed to use the stand to reinforce his foot and the shield just stays on the arm as part of the finger


According to the instructions, neither of those things is true. In fact, the way the instructions say to make the foot actively prevents putting the stand back in. (You can make it work, but you have to rearrange a bunch of stuff.)

Also, does anyone else's Rampage have a loose right shoulder joint? I'll live with it since I'm not really likely to pose him much anyway (particularly due to the lack of elbows), but it's kind of annoying.
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042763)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 23rd, 2019 @ 5:27am CDT
Zeedust wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:You're supposed to use the stand to reinforce his foot and the shield just stays on the arm as part of the finger


According to the instructions, neither of those things is true. In fact, the way the instructions say to make the foot actively prevents putting the stand back in. (You can make it work, but you have to rearrange a bunch of stuff.)

Also, does anyone else's Rampage have a loose right shoulder joint? I'll live with it since I'm not really likely to pose him much anyway (particularly due to the lack of elbows), but it's kind of annoying.

I've done it multiple times, never had a problem with it, but whatever
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042785)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 23rd, 2019 @ 2:50pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! Following a tip off from fellow Seibertron user, Omegatron we've learned if a possible Studio Series release of Sentinel Prime. The information came to light following a post made by Loopaza Mega Store's Facebook account. It lists the Japanese Studio Series releases for February to May next year, and while many of these have been spoiled, it does provide one we haven't heard of. Till now.

That one is Sentinel Prime.

Image

He is apparently voyager sized as going by his price in yen which matches Scrapper and Movie 1 Megatron. Of course there's no images at the moment but with a lot of conventions coming up, it's just a matter of time.

What do you think of this news? Are you excited to recreate the three way fight at the end of the movie? Are you still bitter about Ironhide's death? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042788)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 23rd, 2019 @ 3:51pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Are you excited to recreate the three way fight at the end of the movie? Are you still bitter about Ironhide's death?

Yes to both!

Sentinel was really the last character from my main Studio Series wish list that was missing, so I’m super glad it’s finally happening! (Not that there still aren’t SS figures I’m hoping for, there definitely are). It’s crazy how most of the figures I was wanting are all happening in a pretty short time: new Camaro Bumblebee, Shockwave, Soundwave, and Sentinel. Sentinel will be kept far away from my SS Ironhide, though.

I’m glad they went with a voyager, he was barely taller than Optimus in the movie so this size class should work for him.

So, with all that said;

“Get down here, Sentinel!”
E2EA5499-86F9-4A8C-9896-2B53BB915B98.jpeg

Man, the articulation on SS Prime is amazing
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042789)
Posted by Zeedust on October 23rd, 2019 @ 4:17pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Zeedust wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:You're supposed to use the stand to reinforce his foot and the shield just stays on the arm as part of the finger


According to the instructions, neither of those things is true. In fact, the way the instructions say to make the foot actively prevents putting the stand back in. (You can make it work, but you have to rearrange a bunch of stuff.)

Also, does anyone else's Rampage have a loose right shoulder joint? I'll live with it since I'm not really likely to pose him much anyway (particularly due to the lack of elbows), but it's kind of annoying.

I've done it multiple times, never had a problem with it, but whatever


Okay, so maybe "actively prevents" was an exaggeration and I was just annoyed, but you do have to fiddle with things and move them out of the places the instructions say to put them.

...And as for leaving the shield on the finger... Am I seriously wrong for wanting something better?

ZeroWolf wrote:It lists the Japanese Studio Series releases for February to May next year, and while many of these have been spoiled, it does provide one we haven't heard of. Till now.

That one is Sentinel Prime.


Wow. About time!
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042790)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 23rd, 2019 @ 4:24pm CDT
of course. make a list of all robots in the movies. whichever ones they have not made yet will be made.
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042793)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 23rd, 2019 @ 4:37pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Man, the articulation on SS Prime is amazing

It is! They made a dang good voyager
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042800)
Posted by Zeedust on October 23rd, 2019 @ 5:15pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:of course. make a list of all robots in the movies. whichever ones they have not made yet will be made.


I don't think it'll be all of them. Reedman, for example, seems rather un-toyetic. And if nothing else, I think it's safe to say Hasbro isn't going to make a toy of this guy:

Image
Re: Video Review for the New Transformer Studio Series 54 Voyager Megatron (2042805)
Posted by william-james88 on October 23rd, 2019 @ 5:28pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:of course. make a list of all robots in the movies. whichever ones they have not made yet will be made.

Will be skipping skids and mudflap for sure

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 BRUTICUS New MISB USA Seller" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Titans Return TRYPTICON w Fulltilt NEW  sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Quake & Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Japan New F S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Uw-07 Bruticus 4904810862055 Transformers Unite Warriors Robot Soft" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy Action Figure USED" on EBAY