Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron

Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron

Saturday, November 14th, 2020 11:04pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,028

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We thank fellow Seibertronians MadProject and Dominus Prime for letting us know of a new video review from TonTon for Transformers Kingdom leader T-Rex Megatron.

Here is the review followed by the poroduct description. This toy is due out early 2021.



Product Description

Beastify the battlefield! Worlds collide when the Maximals and Predacons join the fight, coming together with the Autobots and Decepticons in an epic battle that will alter their destiny forever. Primal power floods the battlefield as the fierce beast modes of the Maximals and Predacons are unleashed!

Unleash the primal power of the beasts with this Megatron (Beast) collectible figure, featuring a detailed beast mode with intricate dinosaur-inspired molded scales and articulated jaw with molded teeth…does anyone have a toothbrush? Toy converts into a Beast Wars-inspired T. rex mode in 27 steps. Figure's dino head and tail become his classic claw hands. Add laser fire effect by placing fire blasts accessories inside dino head (sold separately with other figures, subject to availability). Yeeesssss…

Includes a Golden Disk card that reveals a possible destiny of a key character. Collect other Kingdom figures to reveal all 3 alternate destiny variants for each character!

Credit(s): Ton Ton


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086899)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 14th, 2020 @ 11:19pm CST
i want see a comparison with the original beastwars and 10th anniversary megatron
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086900)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 14th, 2020 @ 11:27pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:i want see a comparison with the original beastwars and 10th anniversary megatron
Bit of an odd request but here you go.

Image
Transformers Beast Wars Reborn Megatron (Reissue) Gallery
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086901)
Posted by william-james88 on November 14th, 2020 @ 11:29pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:i want see a comparison with the original beastwars and 10th anniversary megatron
Bit of an odd request but here you go.

Image
Transformers Beast Wars Reborn Megatron (Reissue) Gallery


Pretty sure they meant they want to see this new one compared to both those toys.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086909)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 15th, 2020 @ 1:56am CST
I have the 10th anniversary 2-pack and I like them a lot. I have had Megatron in T-Rex mode almost the whole time I have had him. I don't care for the T-Rex mode in the Kingdom figure, but I might get him for the robot mode. It'll be an in-hand decision. Honestly, he doesn't look worth $50.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086916)
Posted by blackeyedprime on November 15th, 2020 @ 4:46am CST
Think I'll wait for KO MP reissue or bite the bullet on MP at some point, Kingdoms good but if I'm just having one version of him on my shelves he loses out. Def confirms SS Grimlock is way too small for me so that is money saved on him and his team mates.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086923)
Posted by Dominus Prime on November 15th, 2020 @ 8:13am CST
Throughout most of the vid, I kept noticing the split at the top of the t-rex head neck area on top, as if it could come off. I noticed though that it can't, but wondering why it splits like that?
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086928)
Posted by o.supreme on November 15th, 2020 @ 10:58am CST
Seems like a lot of early reviews are popping up fore core class. ( Normal reviewts though not sample swipers) Have these been spotted in store yet, or does a particular online retailer have them in stock?
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086930)
Posted by william-james88 on November 15th, 2020 @ 11:24am CST
o.supreme wrote:Seems like a lot of early reviews are popping up fore core class. ( Normal reviewts though not sample swipers) Have these been spotted in store yet, or does a particular online retailer have them in stock?


They are readily available on Ebay from international sellers
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086931)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 15th, 2020 @ 11:28am CST
I don't like that Megatron's dino skin is all rubber, that's not going to age well....
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086934)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on November 15th, 2020 @ 11:58am CST
King Kuuga wrote:I don't like that Megatron's dino skin is all rubber, that's not going to age well....

One of the leakers said that the rubbery parts are like the old rubber dinosaur toys you could get at supermarkets and such so it is fairly durable
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086942)
Posted by DeathReviews on November 15th, 2020 @ 1:09pm CST
I know Beast Wars has devoted fans - but to me, all the figures and characters just seemed - sloppy. Sure, having a full blown Tyrannosaur HEAD for a hand sounds cool, but in practical application, not so much. Hard pass on all of these....
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086944)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 15th, 2020 @ 1:14pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:i want see a comparison with the original beastwars and 10th anniversary megatron
Bit of an odd request but here you go.

Image
Transformers Beast Wars Reborn Megatron (Reissue) Gallery


Pretty sure they meant they want to see this new one compared to both those toys.

exactly :lol:
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086946)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 15th, 2020 @ 1:42pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:I know Beast Wars has devoted fans - but to me, all the figures and characters just seemed - sloppy. Sure, having a full blown Tyrannosaur HEAD for a hand sounds cool, but in practical application, not so much. Hard pass on all of these....
Are you saying that design doesn't translate well to toy form?
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086948)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 15th, 2020 @ 1:58pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:I know Beast Wars has devoted fans - but to me, all the figures and characters just seemed - sloppy. Sure, having a full blown Tyrannosaur HEAD for a hand sounds cool, but in practical application, not so much. Hard pass on all of these....
Are you saying that design doesn't translate well to toy form?
He's saying a head for a hand is impractical.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086949)
Posted by blackeyedprime on November 15th, 2020 @ 2:24pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:I know Beast Wars has devoted fans - but to me, all the figures and characters just seemed - sloppy. Sure, having a full blown Tyrannosaur HEAD for a hand sounds cool, but in practical application, not so much. Hard pass on all of these....
Are you saying that design doesn't translate well to toy form?
He's saying a head for a hand is impractical.


But it makes brushing your teeth easier...
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086952)
Posted by Dominus Prime on November 15th, 2020 @ 2:36pm CST
I think because of this very debate among fans that they should have made it an option to remove the t-rex head to reveal a hand. Plus I don't see any ports on him for weaponizers, fossolizers etc
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086956)
Posted by DeathReviews on November 15th, 2020 @ 3:38pm CST
For almost all the original Beast Wars characters and figures, there were just so many of the beast parts that didn't integrate convincingly into a robot mode (without coming across as animal part kibble), while the beast modes had too many seams and gaps to really pull off a successful animal mode.

I'm not saying that was wrong - it was a design angle they wanted to run with for a while. But it's just not my 'thing'. I won't take away from the people who DO like these - my not collecting them will just mean more for them :)
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086960)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 15th, 2020 @ 6:04pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:For almost all the original Beast Wars characters and figures, there were just so many of the beast parts that didn't integrate convincingly into a robot mode (without coming across as animal part kibble), while the beast modes had too many seams and gaps to really pull off a successful animal mode.

I'm not saying that was wrong - it was a design angle they wanted to run with for a while. But it's just not my 'thing'. I won't take away from the people who DO like these - my not collecting them will just mean more for them :)


That's my big issue with Beast Wars, that and no real limbs in robot mode, odd proportions, chicken legs, etc. Obviously, people who grew up with Beast Wars designed the live-action movie bots.

william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Seems like a lot of early reviews are popping up fore core class. ( Normal reviewts though not sample swipers) Have these been spotted in store yet, or does a particular online retailer have them in stock?


They are readily available on Ebay from international sellers


Mine came from a domestic seller, in my state even.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086962)
Posted by Rtron on November 15th, 2020 @ 6:20pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:For almost all the original Beast Wars characters and figures, there were just so many of the beast parts that didn't integrate convincingly into a robot mode (without coming across as animal part kibble), while the beast modes had too many seams and gaps to really pull off a successful animal mode.

I'm not saying that was wrong - it was a design angle they wanted to run with for a while. But it's just not my 'thing'. I won't take away from the people who DO like these - my not collecting them will just mean more for them :)


That's my big issue with Beast Wars, that and no real limbs in robot mode, odd proportions, chicken legs, etc. Obviously, people who grew up with Beast Wars designed the live-action movie bots.

william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Seems like a lot of early reviews are popping up fore core class. ( Normal reviewts though not sample swipers) Have these been spotted in store yet, or does a particular online retailer have them in stock?


They are readily available on Ebay from international sellers


Mine came from a domestic seller, in my state even.


The movies came only ten years after Beast Wars. So people who grew up with Beast Wars would be in their late teens at most when the movies entered preproduction. So your maths don't check out. All of those things you say are just design cues that say "This guy is an alien.". Which the Transformers are.

It does seem to be true that, in general, people who like Beast Wars designs also like Movie designs. But given than most people who watched Beast Wars as little kids were teens when the Bay movies came out, and thus the prime audience for the films, it's not surprising.
Re: Video Review for Transformers Kingdom Leader T-Rex Megatron (2086963)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 15th, 2020 @ 6:23pm CST
Rtron wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
DeathReviews wrote:For almost all the original Beast Wars characters and figures, there were just so many of the beast parts that didn't integrate convincingly into a robot mode (without coming across as animal part kibble), while the beast modes had too many seams and gaps to really pull off a successful animal mode.

I'm not saying that was wrong - it was a design angle they wanted to run with for a while. But it's just not my 'thing'. I won't take away from the people who DO like these - my not collecting them will just mean more for them :)


That's my big issue with Beast Wars, that and no real limbs in robot mode, odd proportions, chicken legs, etc. Obviously, people who grew up with Beast Wars designed the live-action movie bots.

william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Seems like a lot of early reviews are popping up fore core class. ( Normal reviewts though not sample swipers) Have these been spotted in store yet, or does a particular online retailer have them in stock?


They are readily available on Ebay from international sellers


Mine came from a domestic seller, in my state even.


The movies came only ten years after Beast Wars. So people who grew up with Beast Wars would be in their late teens at most when the movies entered preproduction. So your maths don't check out. All of those things you say are just design cues that say "This guy is an alien.". Which the Transformers are.

It does seem to be true that, in general, people who like Beast Wars designs also like Movie designs. But given than most people who watched Beast Wars as little kids were teens when the Bay movies came out, and thus the prime audience for the films, it's not surprising.


I believe Beast Wars had an older audience because of the early CGI tech

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
Twincast / Podcast #264:
"Kingdom Come"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME ROBOTS IN DISGUISE DELUXE CLASS AIRACHNID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Figure Deluxe Quintesson Allicon - In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Star Convoy Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Trailcutter / Trailbreaker MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME ROBOTS IN DISGUISE HOT SHOT *NEW*MINT*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Scorponok - WFC-E25 Titan Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Lot Soundwave Barricade Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Netflix Chromia Complete WFC Deluxe" on EBAY