Video Review of Buster Prime

Video Review of Buster Prime

Saturday, November 28th, 2009 6:20pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 40,999

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

If you haven't got enough of your Takara Buster Prime Fix, Youtuber Peaugh has reviewed the figure. He goes over articulation, new features, and comparisons to the original. You can check out the figure on Youtube or embed in this news post.



Keep it tuned to Seibertron.com, the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Peaugh, Ungie


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023528)
Posted by LiKwid on November 28th, 2009 @ 6:50pm CST
Handsdown Peaugh 's reviews rock but i'm not sold on this figure.. The "Buster" looks kinda odd for a weapon and the price is redunkulous for just some paint aps and a silly weapon.. I'd rather spend $35 for another prime and touch him up me own self. Besides the GOW2 weapons pwn that "Buster" ....

Faceplate-less prime looks off IMO
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023547)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on November 28th, 2009 @ 7:45pm CST
The side by side shots at the end really show how much the extra efforts really brought the figure to life.
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023550)
Posted by Kibble on November 28th, 2009 @ 8:34pm CST
Still hate the mouth, but that is a damn nice paint job and I like the swords much better. Definitely won't spend 90 some dollars on this, but if it gets released here at regular retail prices I may have to pick it up. The do it yourself sounds like a possibility until it comes to the flame detailing...nearly impossible to replicate the pin striping on the flames.
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023562)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 28th, 2009 @ 9:28pm CST
The robot looks great. Even though it doesn't have the ability to cover his face (would've been a nice feature to add...) he looks great.

The gun is what doesn't work for me. Ugh. It's really kinda crappy...

That, and the price.
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023569)
Posted by Naked Magnus on November 28th, 2009 @ 10:37pm CST
I am actually looking forward to this one. The lack of a faceplate is not that big of a deal for me. I'll just pretend his faceplate is broken because Megs kicked him in the face. :P Too bad they did not change the audio soundbite to: "I'll take you all on!!"

My Hasbro leader prime will probably be kept combined with Jetfire. Leader Jetfire's robot mode is weak, but I can't blame Hasbro/Takara because they were given an impossible CGI model to replicate.
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023576)
Posted by Starscream6 on November 28th, 2009 @ 11:30pm CST
robot adventures was all over this a week ago....
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023577)
Posted by Blurrz on November 28th, 2009 @ 11:35pm CST
Starscream6 wrote:robot adventures was all over this a week ago....


Thanks, but I'll stick to reviewers who are sober.
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023585)
Posted by Ungie on November 29th, 2009 @ 12:03am CST
Blurrz wrote:
Starscream6 wrote:robot adventures was all over this a week ago....


Thanks, but I'll stick to reviewers who are sober.


Haha, I reported this a week ago too. Hes funny, but people get pissed at him. they dont get him.
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023595)
Posted by freaky777 on November 29th, 2009 @ 12:59am CST
Ungie wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
Starscream6 wrote:robot adventures was all over this a week ago....


Thanks, but I'll stick to reviewers who are sober.


Haha, I reported this a week ago too. Hes funny, but people get pissed at him. they dont get him.


What's there to get? I mean no offense to him but the high-pitched voice and everything.. I have to agree with Blurrz.

Oh and on topic, I've got him and hes awesome. Jet-powered Prime with 2 Guns (1 black and white) is really wickedly awesome.
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023610)
Posted by Mykltron on November 29th, 2009 @ 4:12am CST
Is it my imagination or is he rather orange?
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023632)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on November 29th, 2009 @ 7:58am CST
Mykltron wrote:Is it my imagination or is he rather orange?


Aye, he does a bit...Could be the lighting, though...

You which figure is more orange than it should be? Deluxe Mudflap...Hoping for a Premium for the twins!
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023636)
Posted by Diem on November 29th, 2009 @ 8:17am CST
Mykltron wrote:Is it my imagination or is he rather orange?
It's not your imagination. I've seen him in person and yes, he's a little orange.
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023659)
Posted by Rated X on November 29th, 2009 @ 11:54am CST
Well they got the name right on the money...that mouth and lips makes him look like a real "Buster" !!! (Buster is a slang for "fool" in hip hop music) But I must say I like the paint job better. But I will stick with the USA version. I dont believe Japanese exclusives should even exist. Its a money making conspiracy between Hasbro and Japan to rip off collectors who just cant say "no". (I mean no disrespect to anybody who buys imports)
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023668)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 29th, 2009 @ 12:21pm CST
Rated X wrote:I dont believe Japanese exclusives should even exist. Its a money making conspiracy between Hasbro and Japan to rip off collectors who just cant say "no". (I mean no disrespect to anybody who buys imports)


Except Hasbro doesn't make any money out of it, all the profit goes to Takara ;)
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023696)
Posted by Rated X on November 29th, 2009 @ 4:14pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:I dont believe Japanese exclusives should even exist. Its a money making conspiracy between Hasbro and Japan to rip off collectors who just cant say "no". (I mean no disrespect to anybody who buys imports)


Except Hasbro doesn't make any money out of it, all the profit goes to Takara ;)


But what about Wal-Mart ??? As big as Takara/Henkei may be in Japan, Wal-Mart has more clout financially. They could probally even buy out Takara and re-name it Walkara. So who is the ***** who keeps telling Hasbro they cant use molds to make certain figures in G1 color schemes ???
Re: Video Review of Buster Prime (1023701)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 29th, 2009 @ 4:34pm CST
Rated X wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:I dont believe Japanese exclusives should even exist. Its a money making conspiracy between Hasbro and Japan to rip off collectors who just cant say "no". (I mean no disrespect to anybody who buys imports)


Except Hasbro doesn't make any money out of it, all the profit goes to Takara ;)


But what about Wal-Mart ??? As big as Takara/Henkei may be in Japan, Wal-Mart has more clout financially. They could probally even buy out Takara and re-name it Walkara. So who is the ***** who keeps telling Hasbro they cant use molds to make certain figures in G1 color schemes ???


Hasbro's Marketing Department.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Figure (Blaster Black Version) Takara Tomy MP3 Player" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY