Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron

Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron

Monday, November 3rd, 2014 1:49pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 33,303

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It just seemed like not too long ago we received news of a gold reissue of Masterpiece Megatron. Now, Seibertron.com member and renown reviewer optibotimus has his hands on this reissue and gives us his thoughts! The review has been mirrored below:



Is this figure worthy of your collection? Or are you passing in the hopes of a second go at the Decepticon leader! Tell us your thoughts in the Energon Pub forum!

Credit(s): optibotimus


This article was last modified on Monday, November 3rd, 2014 1:50pm CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619347)
Posted by KapikoCustoms on November 3rd, 2014 @ 2:16pm CST
Definitely a pass for me! I don't see a reason to go for the same out of scale,fragile mishap in ugly gold color!
Instead I will pick and give a chance to the MX-I Apollyon
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619348)
Posted by KapikoCustoms on November 3rd, 2014 @ 2:20pm CST
reduced-galery_image_9488_14102.jpg
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619349)
Posted by Siger on November 3rd, 2014 @ 2:26pm CST
Thanks for the video review. Excuse me while I :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619357)
Posted by william-james88 on November 3rd, 2014 @ 2:41pm CST
While I could not care less for the gold, I really like the review of the mold. I am a huge MP Megatron fan but only got him this year and thus was ready for such a complex transformer. I wasn't thrown off by any of the old reviews and opinions.

And the same goes for the Alternators. They are the most underrated transformers of all time. Looking back, I cant believe it. They were sold for 20$ and had the engineering or a masterpiece. If anyone wants a masterpiece Hound, Jazz or Tracks, they simply have to hunt down their alternator releases. And they scale beautifully with other MP releases, check out the difference between alternators and classics jazz:

Image

Image
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619364)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 3rd, 2014 @ 3:03pm CST
I got an unopened MP Meg's in the mail the other day. It's astonishing at how unstable it is. The ball joints on the feet are so lose its impossible for him to stand. The hips don't support his weight, they just slide apart.
His waist collapses to the right under the weight of his gun.
He was missing components( the wings behind his back that form the underside of the gun just above the trigger) that ruined the gun mode.
Massive overspray of silver paint on the gun handle and deception insignia on his chest. Gouges and paint smears on the barrel and chest.

The saddest part is how loose he is though. The fact that he can't even stand is just remarkable to me. It's just soooo ridiculous. I was thinking of keeping it In bot mode for display but I can't even do that.
I'm currently trying to send it back to to the eBay seller for a full refund or at least another kick at the can with a replacement figure.

If that one comes back to me just as crappy then I'm gonna take a dump on the figure and set it on fire.

It's too bad because I really do like the figure quite a bit. It's so beautifully gangly and metallic like the g1. My fingers are crossed for a replacement that doesn't suck so hard. Or maybe I should just get a refund.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619366)
Posted by dragons on November 3rd, 2014 @ 3:12pm CST
Kapiko Customs wrote:Definitely a pass for me! I don't see a reason to go for the same out of scale,fragile mishap in ugly gold color!
Instead I will pick and give a chance to the MX-I Apollyon


not sound like jerk transformers where never scel with one another to begin with g1 metoplex compared to g1 galvatron, I passed on him first place when he was first released saw videos and people say in bot mode he fell of shelf he broke I wasn't going to waste 100.00 plus on mp galssformer breaks who falls of shelf and rust for that matter rusting up on feet and legs was other issue fans had with



Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619367)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 3rd, 2014 @ 3:14pm CST
I'm a little upset about it though. I've never seen a figure fail so remarkably hard in regards to quality control before. Not just paint flaws but fully missing components and being unable to support itself in any shape or form in bot mode.

I really like the transformation of it though. I was intimidated by it at first by watching reviews and hearing testimonies of how horrific an ordeal it was but I didn't find it a problem. I quite enjoyed it.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619373)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on November 3rd, 2014 @ 3:27pm CST
Their problem is to still trying to make a fusion between the cartoons and the original toys... IMO the original toys where a need to get done the cartoons, BUT the cartoons came out way superior at the point to make the original toys looking dull, therefore they should use the cartoons as a new beginning...

Megatron should be redone out from scratch, but having only the cartoons as a reference.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619382)
Posted by megatronus on November 3rd, 2014 @ 3:55pm CST
william-james88 wrote:While I could not care less for the gold, I really like the review of the mold. I am a huge MP Megatron fan but only got him this year and thus was ready for such a complex transformer. I wasn't thrown off by any of the old reviews and opinions.

And the same goes for the Alternators. They are the most underrated transformers of all time. Looking back, I cant believe it. They were sold for 20$ and had the engineering or a masterpiece. If anyone wants a masterpiece Hound, Jazz or Tracks, they simply have to hunt down their alternator releases. And they scale beautifully with other MP releases, check out the difference between alternators and classics jazz:

Image

Image


Just because Alternators Jazz scales better with MP Sideswipe, definitely does not make it an MP. I think that Reveal the Shield version looks leagues better than the Alternator ever could.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619385)
Posted by william-james88 on November 3rd, 2014 @ 4:00pm CST
MGrotusque wrote:I'm a little upset about it though. I've never seen a figure fail so remarkably hard in regards to quality control before. Not just paint flaws but fully missing components and being unable to support itself in any shape or form in bot mode.

I really like the transformation of it though. I was intimidated by it at first by watching reviews and hearing testimonies of how horrific an ordeal it was but I didn't find it a problem. I quite enjoyed it.


Did you get it from Lena in Hong Kong? If so, QC issues are expected as they are factory leftovers, and hence why they sell for much less.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619417)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 3rd, 2014 @ 5:27pm CST
Alternators were awesome. Generations clearly learned some lessons from those times, but let's not forget that they were awesome.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619421)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 3rd, 2014 @ 5:46pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
MGrotusque wrote:I'm a little upset about it though. I've never seen a figure fail so remarkably hard in regards to quality control before. Not just paint flaws but fully missing components and being unable to support itself in any shape or form in bot mode.

I really like the transformation of it though. I was intimidated by it at first by watching reviews and hearing testimonies of how horrific an ordeal it was but I didn't find it a problem. I quite enjoyed it.


Did you get it from Lena in Hong Kong? If so, QC issues are expected as they are factory leftovers, and hence why they sell for much less.

Yes I did. I should probably just forget about it and take the hit probably. The process of transforming him back. Then packing it nice and sending it off just seems exasperating to me but I'll give it a whirl to get my money back maybe. I just don't trust that it'll work out in my favor. Maybe I should annihilate them on a scathing feedback diatribe instead.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619427)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 3rd, 2014 @ 6:07pm CST
dragons wrote:
not sound like jerk transformers where never scel with one another to begin with g1 metoplex compared to g1 galvatron, I passed on him first place when he was first released saw videos and people say in bot mode he fell of shelf he broke I wasn't going to waste 100.00 plus on mp galssformer breaks who falls of shelf and rust for that matter rusting up on feet and legs was other issue fans had with





Dude, what? I cant make head or tails of what you are trying to say. How about a little punctuation to tell people where sentences begin and where they end?
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619431)
Posted by Burn on November 3rd, 2014 @ 6:17pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
dragons wrote:
not sound like jerk transformers where never scel with one another to begin with g1 metoplex compared to g1 galvatron, I passed on him first place when he was first released saw videos and people say in bot mode he fell of shelf he broke I wasn't going to waste 100.00 plus on mp galssformer breaks who falls of shelf and rust for that matter rusting up on feet and legs was other issue fans had with

Dude, what? I cant make head or tails of what you are trying to say. How about a little punctuation to tell people where sentences begin and where they end?

How about a little more respect for people who's first language may not be English?
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619436)
Posted by william-james88 on November 3rd, 2014 @ 6:24pm CST
Burn wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
dragons wrote:
not sound like jerk transformers where never scel with one another to begin with g1 metoplex compared to g1 galvatron, I passed on him first place when he was first released saw videos and people say in bot mode he fell of shelf he broke I wasn't going to waste 100.00 plus on mp galssformer breaks who falls of shelf and rust for that matter rusting up on feet and legs was other issue fans had with

Dude, what? I cant make head or tails of what you are trying to say. How about a little punctuation to tell people where sentences begin and where they end?

How about a little more respect for people who's first language may not be English?


Burn has it out for you Kanrabat, watch out!

And as for the guy who bought off Lena, just write them a message or open a claim on paypal. You have to give them a chance to rectify the problem. They have tons of him, so it is more likely they send you a new one or the missing parts, instead of you getting your money back. In my case, they didnt send the instructions, so I asked and they sent them to me. If you want your money back, you will have to ship it back to them at your own cost so you are still at a loss in the end.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619458)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 3rd, 2014 @ 7:03pm CST
Burn wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
dragons wrote:
not sound like jerk transformers where never scel with one another to begin with g1 metoplex compared to g1 galvatron, I passed on him first place when he was first released saw videos and people say in bot mode he fell of shelf he broke I wasn't going to waste 100.00 plus on mp galssformer breaks who falls of shelf and rust for that matter rusting up on feet and legs was other issue fans had with

Dude, what? I cant make head or tails of what you are trying to say. How about a little punctuation to tell people where sentences begin and where they end?

How about a little more respect for people who's first language may not be English?


English is not my first language too. Also, in every single languages, punctuation do exist. It's not a lack of respect to just try to understand each others. For lack of respect, just go to 4chan. Things are nut over there.

No, I think dragons is using some voice recognition aps that auto-write what he say out loud and it leave some shoddy result.


Back to MP Megs itself, after seeing the review, I can tell that they did want to hommage the original toy with a similar transformation. However, that transformation is full of scary steps and those "golden swirly bits" that hold lot of hinges and joints give me PTSD flashbacks (SW Xover Chewbaca, whyyyyyy?! ;_; .... NO RANDY, NO!!!!)

So, I think I'll save my money and try to go for a G1 original instead.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619466)
Posted by Skywarp64 on November 3rd, 2014 @ 7:44pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Image


Begging your pardon, William, but could you tell me what Ratchet figure that is? It looks awesome and I've been looking for a decent Ratchet apart from that Universe 2.0 one.
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619469)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 3rd, 2014 @ 7:49pm CST
Skywarp64 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image


Begging your pardon, William, but could you tell me what Ratchet figure that is? It looks awesome and I've been looking for a decent Ratchet apart from that Universe 2.0 one.


Look like the 3rd party I-Gear's Medic Specialist. They also done Ironhide too, the Weapon Specialist.

Image

Image
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619471)
Posted by william-james88 on November 3rd, 2014 @ 7:50pm CST
Skywarp64 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image


Begging your pardon, William, but could you tell me what Ratchet figure that is? It looks awesome and I've been looking for a decent Ratchet apart from that Universe 2.0 one.


It's iGear PP-05M Medical Specialist

Also Kanrabat, that Randy joke was awesome!

And that guy was definitely using voice recognition
Re: Video Review of MP-05G Gold Megatron (1619472)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 3rd, 2014 @ 7:54pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
And as for the guy who bought off Lena, just write them a message or open a claim on paypal. You have to give them a chance to rectify the problem. They have tons of him, so it is more likely they send you a new one or the missing parts, instead of you getting your money back. In my case, they didnt send the instructions, so I asked and they sent them to me. If you want your money back, you will have to ship it back to them at your own cost so you are still at a loss in the end.


Yeah. I've already wrote them. PayPal won't let me start a claim. Sending it back is terribly expensive. I'll just crush them with negative feedback. I've been getting ripped off quite a bit from China lately. Maybe some retribution is in order.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 DECEPTICON HEADMASTER SKULLCRUNCHER MISB! US SELLER RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects God Neptune Combiner Wars Coelagon Gulf Skalor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Hardhead & Duros" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY