Video Review of Titans Return Misfire

Video Review of Titans Return Misfire

Wednesday, July 5th, 2017 7:00pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 18,975

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of fellow staff member Mindmaster, we've got a bit of exciting Titans Return news for you today -- a video review of the Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxe Misfire! Youtube user xcorpeo shows off the figure's articulation, paint details and transformation alongside comparisons to fellow 1987 Targetmaster and mold mate Triggerhappy, as well as fellow IDW MTMTE Scavenger Krok. Check out the embedded video below and tell us what you think in the forums!


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894615)
Posted by steve2275 on July 5th, 2017 @ 8:29pm CDT
Albatross250 wrote::michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
All right, my wallet is about to be burned again. not that i'm complaining :lol:
Oh yeah, since here in SEA dosen't have Wallgreens,I'll have to wait for Toys R Us Exclusive :-D

WalgreensStore #6259
9456 16TH AVE SW
Seattle, WA 98106
206–767–2294
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894617)
Posted by Randomhero on July 5th, 2017 @ 8:34pm CDT
Whew that white background and lighting. Looks like optibotimus is lending his set to other reviewers
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894619)
Posted by Randomhero on July 5th, 2017 @ 8:36pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:If the box sets are cancelled what does that mean for a domestic God Bomber release?



It was never a sure thing and it was just the fans expecting it. It wasn't never announced or rumored
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894620)
Posted by Cobotron on July 5th, 2017 @ 8:38pm CDT
steve2275 wrote:
Albatross250 wrote::michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
All right, my wallet is about to be burned again. not that i'm complaining :lol:
Oh yeah, since here in SEA dosen't have Wallgreens,I'll have to wait for Toys R Us Exclusive :-D

WalgreensStore #6259
9456 16TH AVE SW
Seattle, WA 98106
206–767–2294


While that was very kind of you, SEA stands for South East Asia. ;)
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894621)
Posted by Randomhero on July 5th, 2017 @ 8:40pm CDT
Insurgent wrote:I think everyone is jumping the gun. I seriously doubt Fastlane and Pounce will be released in a two pack so close to the box set release. It's probably just robotkingdom getting the clones confused.


And if Cloudraker and Wingspan mean the box set are cancelled.... did they ever confirm those two would 100% be in the multi person box sets? Or did they just say 'boxsets'. Because this 2 pack is still a box set.



Nothing was ever confirmed. We got two sets and everyone including me figured it'd be four due to the clones and due to how many sets we got from combiner wars. Everything about the sets have been speculation since toyfair.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894622)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 5th, 2017 @ 8:46pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Insurgent wrote:I think everyone is jumping the gun. I seriously doubt Fastlane and Pounce will be released in a two pack so close to the box set release. It's probably just robotkingdom getting the clones confused.


And if Cloudraker and Wingspan mean the box set are cancelled.... did they ever confirm those two would 100% be in the multi person box sets? Or did they just say 'boxsets'. Because this 2 pack is still a box set.



Nothing was ever confirmed. We got two sets and everyone including me figured it'd be four due to the clones and due to how many sets we got from combiner wars. Everything about the sets have been speculation since toyfair.


Expectations were high that we would get four box sets in total because of the "Stat Themes" associated with the first two sets as well. Chaos on Velocitron is themed on "Speed" while Siege on Cybertron is themed on "Strength." The other two major stats tracked in the Titans Return line are "Intelligence" and "Firepower." Having two more sets to cover those remaining stats makes a lot of sense. This is not to say that Hasbro will still follow through with this, but the expectation of four box sets was hanging on some rather convincing, though still circumstantial, evidence.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894623)
Posted by Randomhero on July 5th, 2017 @ 8:55pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Insurgent wrote:I think everyone is jumping the gun. I seriously doubt Fastlane and Pounce will be released in a two pack so close to the box set release. It's probably just robotkingdom getting the clones confused.


And if Cloudraker and Wingspan mean the box set are cancelled.... did they ever confirm those two would 100% be in the multi person box sets? Or did they just say 'boxsets'. Because this 2 pack is still a box set.



Nothing was ever confirmed. We got two sets and everyone including me figured it'd be four due to the clones and due to how many sets we got from combiner wars. Everything about the sets have been speculation since toyfair.


Expectations were high that we would get four box sets in total because of the "Stat Themes" associated with the first too as well. Chaos on Velocitron is themed on "Speed" while Siege on Cybertron is themed on "Strength." The other two major stats tracked in the Titans Return line according to the trading cards that come with the figures are "Intelligence" and "Firepower." This is not to say that Hasbro will still follow through with this, but the expectation of four box sets was hanging on some rather convincing, though still circumstantial, evidence.


I 100% agree BUT we've seen plenty of stuff get scrapped over the passed 10 years. The last waves of Animated, Age of Extinction, TF 2010 line. It's one of those things we can't ever guarantee for certain. I've been saying it for months Power of the Primes is coming and Hasbro may just be saying "well we have these couple new molds we were gonna be putting in some sets. Let's just put them in some 2 packs and get them out and focus on Power of the Primes.

They are just box sets of retools and I buy them! I got Velocitron and I got cybertron on preorder but if they don't make 2 more and just release these guys has a two pack than I saved $200 and I got 17 Walgreens in my city so I'll be snagging them and completing my clones. I won't be heartbroken if they don't make "intelligence" and "fire power" sets. I don't care about the card theme at all.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894627)
Posted by steve2275 on July 5th, 2017 @ 9:06pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
steve2275 wrote:
Albatross250 wrote::michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
All right, my wallet is about to be burned again. not that i'm complaining :lol:
Oh yeah, since here in SEA dosen't have Wallgreens,I'll have to wait for Toys R Us Exclusive :-D

WalgreensStore #6259
9456 16TH AVE SW
Seattle, WA 98106
206–767–2294


While that was very kind of you, SEA stands for South East Asia. ;)

oh my bad
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894630)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on July 5th, 2017 @ 9:20pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Courtesy of fellow staff member Mindmaster, we've got a bit of exciting Titans Return news for you today -- a video review of the Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxe Misfire! Youtube user xcorpeo shows off the figure's articulation, paint details and transformation alongside comparisons to fellow 1987 Targetmaster and mold mate Triggerhappy, as well as fellow IDW MTMTE Scavenger Krok. Check out the embedded video below and tell us what you think in the forums!
*snip*

Oh wow, thats a much more extensive retooling than I'd figured- the legs and lower arms seem similar (minus triggerhappy's mahoosive guns of course) but they've totally reworked that transformation! It's a shame to see the fancy legs-nosecone-spin-me-do trick go but I like what they've done with the cockpit/canopy seemingly collapsing into the torso block. Having previously written it off (simply prioritising the new-mold experience whilst on a budget), I may end up picking this one up in the end!
Curious now as to the third mold-mate and which transformation approach he takes, or if they squeeze a third out of it.
Also, props to the reviewer on doing such a solid job on what's apparently their first review, felt very polished and thorough.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894632)
Posted by Albatross250 on July 5th, 2017 @ 9:25pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:FYI, Robot Kindom has a pic of this walgreen two pack in their listing so it is still unconfirmed whether the two pack is of the earlier clones or the new ones.

Albatross250 wrote:Oh yeah, since here in SEA dosen't have Wallgreens,I'll have to wait for Toys R Us Exclusive :-D

Why, you got Brinstorm as a TRU Exclusive in the SEA? He was the latest Wallgreens exclusive.

No not Brainstorm but the Clones are, like i said I'll wait for them, if they don't appear on SEA, i guess i'll have to wait for Overlord :HEADHURTS:
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894635)
Posted by Kurona on July 5th, 2017 @ 9:44pm CDT
ArmadaPrime wrote:
Kurona wrote:Courtesy of fellow staff member Mindmaster, we've got a bit of exciting Titans Return news for you today -- a video review of the Titans Return Wave 5 Deluxe Misfire! Youtube user xcorpeo shows off the figure's articulation, paint details and transformation alongside comparisons to fellow 1987 Targetmaster and mold mate Triggerhappy, as well as fellow IDW MTMTE Scavenger Krok. Check out the embedded video below and tell us what you think in the forums!
*snip*

Oh wow, thats a much more extensive retooling than I'd figured- the legs and lower arms seem similar (minus triggerhappy's mahoosive guns of course) but they've totally reworked that transformation! It's a shame to see the fancy legs-nosecone-spin-me-do trick go but I like what they've done with the cockpit/canopy seemingly collapsing into the torso block. Having previously written it off (simply prioritising the new-mold experience whilst on a budget), I may end up picking this one up in the end!
Curious now as to the third mold-mate and which transformation approach he takes, or if they squeeze a third out of it.
Also, props to the reviewer on doing such a solid job on what's apparently their first review, felt very polished and thorough.

A third mold-mate was confirmed at the same time as Misfire; Slugslinger - who seems as extensively retooled as Misfire.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894652)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 5th, 2017 @ 11:35pm CDT
TFSource has one of the sets up for pre-order, apparently it'll be a limited release
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894654)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 6th, 2017 @ 12:00am CDT
Dat TF is going to be X exclusive in a place where it's inaccessible to you in any ways so you dont have any choice but to rely on scalpers and get your wallet rek'd over some toy that is not THAT special.


Some years ago:
:BOOM: FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I don't have much room left and I even start selling common Transformers to buy rare TFs or just to acquire room:
>:oP Meh, whatev.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894673)
Posted by Albatross250 on July 6th, 2017 @ 2:29am CDT
Man, exclusives are way harder to find. looks like i'll have no hope to find them #-o
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894676)
Posted by WreckerJack on July 6th, 2017 @ 2:58am CDT
Misfire is really pink. Would be nicer if there were some accents to break up the solid color.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894679)
Posted by Sjeng on July 6th, 2017 @ 3:17am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Misfire is really pink. Would be nicer if there were some accents to break up the solid color.


Image

yeah I'd have preferred the colours more like his Legends predecessor.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894681)
Posted by WreckerJack on July 6th, 2017 @ 3:27am CDT
Sjeng wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:Misfire is really pink. Would be nicer if there were some accents to break up the solid color.


Image

yeah I'd have preferred the colours more like his Legends predecessor.


I think the head being black makes all the difference. Would be nice if the guns were silver or black. Bright pink guns don't look very intimidating.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894711)
Posted by o.supreme on July 6th, 2017 @ 9:09am CDT
So...has there been any confirmation yet...Since the clones are being released as exclusive sets, does that mean the two remaining proposed Box Sets have been cancelled? I was thankfully not getting them for the clones, as odd as it sounds I was getting them for the leaders in spite of them being repaints/retools. I know everyone pretty much had different reasons for getting them. Now my only fear is that if the other two are not released, there may be no domestic release of God Bomber.
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894715)
Posted by Kurona on July 6th, 2017 @ 9:14am CDT
o.supreme wrote:So...has there been any confirmation yet...Since the clones are being released as exclusive sets, does that mean the two remaining proposed Box Sets have been cancelled? I was thankfully not getting them for the clones, as odd as it sounds I was getting them for the leaders in spite of them being repaints/retools. I know everyone pretty much had different reasons for getting them. Now my only fear is that if the other 2 are not released, there may be no domestic release of God Bomber.

It probably seems like a reason for the clones are being released is so they can be released somehow with their boxsets being cancelled - and that's a valid conclusion - but there's been nothing said on it yet and I feel they're still coming; for all we know this was likely their plan all along. To me this just means that the remaining boxsets will have Legends class repaints we've been wanting like Eject :P
Re: Video Review of Titans Return Misfire (1894722)
Posted by o.supreme on July 6th, 2017 @ 9:25am CDT
That would actually be great. But it is odd that with Wave 5 starting to come out in some areas, we have heard nothing about Wave 6 beyond Deluxe Slugslinger.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
Twincast / Podcast #271:
"Meh-pisode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "2016 Transformers Autobot Drift Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 86 Grimlock and Autobot Wheelie Hasbro Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "*NEW* OFFICIAL Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie SS-38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus 2015 7" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Autobot Bumblebee Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot 5 WFC siege direct hit power punch storm cloud viper pteraxadon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jetfire Siege War for Cybertron MISB Beautiful L@@K! Prime Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Universe Sunstreaker With Reprolabels" on EBAY