Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth

Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth

Thursday, May 12th, 2016 5:39pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 21,947

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronians, our fellow user Chuckdawg has posted a video review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth. This is a new figure of Strongarm which includes a Minicon partner, which can now be used as a weapon, when combined with the armor that Strongarm comes equipped with. The review has been posted below, so check her out, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

Credit(s): chuckdawg1999 from Seibertron.com


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789123)
Posted by william-james88 on May 12th, 2016 @ 6:50pm CDT
Nice review, I might pick this up. The only thing I dont like is how the clear plastic parts dont really add much to the robot, unlike what we got with Prime.
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789140)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 12th, 2016 @ 7:47pm CDT
I do really like her! Worthy of consideration :MAXIMAL:
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789163)
Posted by SureShot18 on May 12th, 2016 @ 8:42pm CDT
Ok Strongarm will be mine at some point. Since I've been putting my few RiD figures with my Generations figures I bet she'll make a neat companion for Swerve and Tailgate.
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789213)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 12th, 2016 @ 11:26pm CDT
After talking with Chuckdawg, she's less articulated than the first Warrior Class Strongarm figure. No waist or thigh swivels, and no neck/head ball joint. However, I'd still like to get her!
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789258)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 13th, 2016 @ 5:38am CDT
Remember how just a few days ago we showed off a review of Legion Groundpounderbuster? Well, something that very few people saw coming was what happened next. Thanks to Toywiz.com we now have new packaging images of the soon to be released Legion class Bisk! Now you all may remember that Bisk is getting a one-step as well as a warrior figure, so now we you have 3 different Bisks to choose from! Check out the stock image mirrored below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below. And as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries (Number 4000 coming your way tonight!!!)!

Image
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789292)
Posted by william-james88 on May 13th, 2016 @ 8:29am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:After talking with Chuckdawg, she's less articulated than the first Warrior Class Strongarm figure. No waist or thigh swivels, and no neck/head ball joint. However, I'd still like to get her!

Darn, the lack of thigh swivel is usually a deal breaker for me when it comes to toys I dont ned to have.
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789295)
Posted by Cobotron on May 13th, 2016 @ 8:42am CDT
Strongarm looks great! Sculpt wise. But, her lack of paint in alt mode is a real let down. She looks unfinished. Poor girl keeps getting jipped in the paint department. I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but I may wait to see what Takara does. I just like the character so much, and I'd like to have this toy.

Lil Bisk looks good. I'm glad RID is carrying the torch for the Legion class.
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789380)
Posted by RAR on May 13th, 2016 @ 1:47pm CDT
Bisk and Clampdown are curiously similar characters concept wise - both orange, both crab like etc..

Are they related ?
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789382)
Posted by william-james88 on May 13th, 2016 @ 1:52pm CDT
RAR wrote:Bisk and Clampdown are curiously similar characters concept wise - both orange, both crab like etc..

Are they related ?

Yes, they are both decepticons ;)

Aside from that, they are very different and as related to eachother as any decepticon is related to another. One is tall and powerful (pretty deadly one on one) and the other is a pint sized bot that is meant to be the butt of a joke.
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789513)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 13th, 2016 @ 10:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
RAR wrote:Bisk and Clampdown are curiously similar characters concept wise - both orange, both crab like etc..

Are they related ?

Yes, they are both decepticons ;)


Decepticon Decapod Crustaceans to be exact. Crabs (Clampdown) and Lobsters (Bisk) belong to the same Order (Decapoda), but are in separate branches from there (Brachyura for Crabs, Astacidea for Lobsters, Crayfish and their kin).
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1789748)
Posted by carytheone on May 14th, 2016 @ 10:01pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
RAR wrote:Bisk and Clampdown are curiously similar characters concept wise - both orange, both crab like etc..

Are they related ?

Yes, they are both decepticons ;)


Decepticon Decapod Crustaceans to be exact. Crabs (Clampdown) and Lobsters (Bisk) belong to the same Order (Decapoda), but are in separate branches from there (Brachyura for Crabs, Astacidea for Lobsters, Crayfish and their kin).
They share something else in common.

Image

=P~
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1790451)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 17th, 2016 @ 6:43pm CDT
Thanks to our friend Chuckdawg1999 we have our first video review of Minicon Weaponizers Sideswipe and Windstrike, the wavemates to Strongarm and Sawtooth! This Sideswipe is a redeco of the Minicon Battle Packs Sideswipe in Red Alert's colors, while Windstrike is an all new minicon weapon. Check out the review below and let us know what you think, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers News and Galleries!

Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1790735)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2016 @ 9:36pm CDT
While both of these toys have already been revealed at Botcon 2016, we didnt get stock images of Robots in Disguise Warriors Power Surge Optimus Prime and Scatterspike, aside from CG renders of the later. Now, thanks to hobbybrinquedos, we have stock images of the actual toys. Better than that, we have the package images which gives us a good look at what Scatterspike will look like in the Robots in Disguise show. While the toy is a straight up redeco of Quillfire the character seems to have more of a different look. Also, we have images of the new packaging for all the rereleased Warrior figures which now sport the Weaponizer subprint. These are the very same figures and the reason why Hasbro can still promote them as being compatible with the weaponizer minicons is because all that is needed to interact with them is a 5 mm port. Hopefully the rereleased Grimlock will fix the problems of the original release.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1790737)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2016 @ 10:39pm CDT
Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1790741)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:03pm CDT
Maybe Scatterspike was meant to be General Stockade?

Eh, that's crap and I know it.

Still though, It's gonna be interesting to see that new prime. I'm loving the Thunderclash styles on the Power Surge Primes :MAXIMAL:
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1790742)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:06pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.


Maybe he was referring to season 3?
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1790743)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.


Maybe he was referring to season 3?
Maybe, but he definitely said "season 2".
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1790757)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 19th, 2016 @ 2:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.


Maybe he was referring to season 3?
Maybe, but he definitely said "season 2".


Isn't season two effectively split into two parts? The first half concluded with Decpticon Island 2-parter, and the second half will debut in the fall. At least that's what I remember reading.
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1790776)
Posted by william-james88 on May 19th, 2016 @ 6:37am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro's promoting Scatterspike at the BotCon 2016 panel was an odd one. John Warden hyped the character up as having a twist for us to look forward to in season 2, but Scatterspike never appeared in season 2. Quillfire did, but there wasn't a twist with him either, unless one counts his having gotten his own Mini-Con duo, Back and Forth, but that's not really a twist since practically every Decepticon-of-the-day in Season 2 had their own Mini-Cons.


Maybe he was referring to season 3?
Maybe, but he definitely said "season 2".


Isn't season two effectively split into two parts? The first half concluded with Decpticon Island 2-parter, and the second half will debut in the fall. At least that's what I remember reading.


Yeah we got a half season for season 2. Now if that will mean that the next half season will be called Seasons 3 instead of Season 2 part 2 is probable, but it could be that its in that second half that we will see Scatterspike and John Warden wasnt caught up on the nomenclature of the seasons. With the hype he gave it, thats what I believe is the case.
Re: Video Review of Transformers RID Minicon Weaponizers Strongarm and Sawtooth (1790821)
Posted by Shuttershock on May 19th, 2016 @ 10:09am CDT
I'd really love a Thunderclash and Blot repaint of both of these.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers titans return Blunderbuss & Broadside" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Blitzwing Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blurr #A54 No Weapons Included." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans return Astrotrain Darkmoon" on EBAY
Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blaster Unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr Unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY