Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade

Transformers News: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade

Friday, April 14th, 2017 4:22PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,304

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

In other Transformers: The Last Knight toy news, we have a video review for two one-step figures, or Turbo Changers as they're known now, via fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999. You can check out the embedded video below, including some thoughts on the figures, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub!

The One Step changers are back as Turbo Changers. Hound and Barricade are the only new molds in wave 1 and they're fun. Barricade is the shining star and features a rotating wrist gun, gotta love the extra play value. Definitely fun and make great desk toys, worth a pickup.


Credit(s): chuckdawg1999
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874515)
Posted by Overcracker on April 14th, 2017 @ 5:28pm CDT
breacher wrote:
Black Hat wrote:Alrighty then.

I'm actually looking forward to this line quite a bit. I really hope they don't pull an AoE and make all the good toys TRU exclusive in the UK though. Voyager (or Leader) Megatron is probably my number 1 want, though from what little we've seen of him Nitro looks great too. Barricade and Berserker both look awesome but I wish they were better painted. I kinda want the new Drift and an AoE Drift to go with him as a kind of "Red Oni, Blue Oni" pair (need to come up with new names and identities).

Speaking of that new Drift, anyone know whether some of the photos were mis-transformed, or does his vehicle kibble really hang down all the way past his knees? I've probably said this before, but the paint apps on his chest all severely lacking, and if his kibble really is like that then that's pretty much the final nail in the coffin for me.


Drift is a re-tool / re-shell of his AOE toy. So its safe to say his car kibble should fold up and peg to his back.



However, since I do not believe we've actually seen his back directly, its hard to say.

My money is on mistransformation though.
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874521)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 14th, 2017 @ 6:02pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronian EmirateXaaron has come across The Last Knight legends class figures at Toys R Us in Evansville, Indiana. They are priced at 9.99 each. Also spotted were these Tiny Turbo Changers pictured below. If you are curious as to what is inside those mystery bags check out this article for a better look at what is inside.



Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874522)
Posted by breacher on April 14th, 2017 @ 6:11pm CDT
Really want to see some new pics of nitro... anyone know when there'll be another toyfair like thing where hasbro might show some more products?
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874523)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 14th, 2017 @ 6:32pm CDT
Tiny Turbo Changers, are there codes or should I prepare myself for ageda and misery?
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874527)
Posted by william-james88 on April 14th, 2017 @ 6:50pm CDT
breacher wrote:Really want to see some new pics of nitro... anyone know when there'll be another toyfair like thing where hasbro might show some more products?

You will see it in stores before the next show (hascon in september)
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874530)
Posted by william-james88 on April 14th, 2017 @ 7:08pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Megatron's master plan to destroy the Autobots once and for all was thwarted upon realizing he could not bend his elbows or knees.

Its fine, Bee and Optimus dont have those either. So its all equal footing.
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874531)
Posted by william-james88 on April 14th, 2017 @ 7:12pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:
Visited a Toys R Us in Evansville, IN and found the new Legends class figures.

They also had the Tiny Turbo Changers. Forgot to check the price, though.

Could you tell us if these are allowed to be sold. Thats the big news we are looking for right now. And that goes for anyone finding these in the wild. Since everything from the launch has now been spotted in the US, we now need to know if it can actually be purchased. So if anyone finds these again, please let us know so we can properly report the news :)
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874533)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 14th, 2017 @ 7:32pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
breacher wrote:Really want to see some new pics of nitro... anyone know when there'll be another toyfair like thing where hasbro might show some more products?

You will see it in stores before the next show (hascon in september)

isnt there also sdcc
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874536)
Posted by william-james88 on April 14th, 2017 @ 7:53pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
breacher wrote:Really want to see some new pics of nitro... anyone know when there'll be another toyfair like thing where hasbro might show some more products?

You will see it in stores before the next show (hascon in september)

isnt there also sdcc

Which Hasbro is showing 0 signs of attending. Plus its in July, 3 months after the movie toys are released. I am pretty sure we wont get the first full image of Nitro in both modes at an event.
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874597)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on April 15th, 2017 @ 2:56am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
EmirateXaaron wrote:
Visited a Toys R Us in Evansville, IN and found the new Legends class figures.

They also had the Tiny Turbo Changers. Forgot to check the price, though.

Could you tell us if these are allowed to be sold. Thats the big news we are looking for right now. And that goes for anyone finding these in the wild. Since everything from the launch has now been spotted in the US, we now need to know if it can actually be purchased. So if anyone finds these again, please let us know so we can properly report the news :)


Allowed to be sold? What do you mean? I found them on the shelves, marked and everything. I could go back tomorrow and try to buy one, if that would help.
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874603)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 15th, 2017 @ 4:06am CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:Allowed to be sold? What do you mean? I found them on the shelves, marked and everything. I could go back tomorrow and try to buy one, if that would help.


Sometimes toys on the shelf before their street dates won't ring up.

That would be awesome if you can.
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874623)
Posted by Microraptor on April 15th, 2017 @ 9:00am CDT
Even the titan changer looks decent! How is this design so absurdly toyetic?
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874624)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 15th, 2017 @ 9:19am CDT
Just got tlk deluxe barricade at tru. They had to do an overrride on him since he wasnt supposed to be out till the 28th. They had it all out and probably gonna put it back now. Hopefully they dont find my stash. ;)
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874638)
Posted by breacher on April 15th, 2017 @ 11:42am CDT
has anybody spotted voyager hound or megatron at stores yet?
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874639)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 15th, 2017 @ 11:43am CDT
breacher wrote:has anybody spotted voyager hound or megatron at stores yet?

those are in wave 2 and wont be out until june at the latest
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874678)
Posted by william-james88 on April 15th, 2017 @ 7:32pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
EmirateXaaron wrote:
Visited a Toys R Us in Evansville, IN and found the new Legends class figures.

They also had the Tiny Turbo Changers. Forgot to check the price, though.

Could you tell us if these are allowed to be sold. Thats the big news we are looking for right now. And that goes for anyone finding these in the wild. Since everything from the launch has now been spotted in the US, we now need to know if it can actually be purchased. So if anyone finds these again, please let us know so we can properly report the news :)


Allowed to be sold? What do you mean? I found them on the shelves, marked and everything. I could go back tomorrow and try to buy one, if that would help.

Yeah, they are marked with price tags but no one has been able to actually purchase them so far. When I went, the cash froze up and they had to call a manager who had to take the toy away, and put a key in the cash for me to proceed with my other purchases. They were then removed from the shelves until they are allowed to be up.

But we dont know if thats the case for all TLK toys. Like thoe tiny turbo changers, it would be really fun to know if they can actually be bought. Because the whole idea of newsing something is to help out the community and while spotting new toys is still news, it only really helps anyone if they can be purchased. So let us know when you go back and we can update the story ;)^
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874681)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on April 15th, 2017 @ 7:47pm CDT
Thanks to TFW2005, we have an official product description and stock images of the Transformers: The Last Knight role play masks. The images of the non-electronic Bumblebee mask reveal it to be a reuse of the Robots In Disguise mask mold. Check out the comparison image below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

[quote]In the explosive Transformers: The Last Knight movie, new heroes must rise in an epic struggle to forge a future for all. Answer the call to protect Earth with Transformers: The Last Knight role play masks. Now, fans can imagine becoming the legendary Autobots from the movie and experiencing the unforgettable action. This Transformers: The Last Knight mask assortment features iconic Autobot heroes. Each figure is sold separately.

Item Code: C0890
Dimensions (DxHxW in mm): 10.2X21.6X29.2[/quote]

Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874683)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 15th, 2017 @ 7:51pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
EmirateXaaron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
EmirateXaaron wrote:
Visited a Toys R Us in Evansville, IN and found the new Legends class figures.

They also had the Tiny Turbo Changers. Forgot to check the price, though.

Could you tell us if these are allowed to be sold. Thats the big news we are looking for right now. And that goes for anyone finding these in the wild. Since everything from the launch has now been spotted in the US, we now need to know if it can actually be purchased. So if anyone finds these again, please let us know so we can properly report the news :)


Allowed to be sold? What do you mean? I found them on the shelves, marked and everything. I could go back tomorrow and try to buy one, if that would help.

Yeah, they are marked with price tags but no one has been able to actually purchase them so far. When I went, the cash froze up and they had to call a manager who had to take the toy away, and put a key in the cash for me to proceed with my other purchases. They were then removed from the shelves until they are allowed to be up.

But we dont know if thats the case for all TLK toys. Like thoe tiny turbo changers, it would be really fun to know if they can actually be bought. Because the whole idea of newsing something is to help out the community and while spotting new toys is still news, it only really helps anyone if they can be purchased. So let us know when you go back and we can update the story ;)^

they can be purchased but they arent supposed to be.i went check out and they had too call the manager. they did an override since they arent supposed to be out till the 28th. they probably pulled all the stuff off the shelves after i left since they had it all out. ofc they wont find prime or berserker :-$ ;)
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874688)
Posted by Quantum Surge on April 15th, 2017 @ 8:45pm CDT
The repainted mask is just lame. Using an RID mask and painting it to look like Movie Bee isn't fooling anyone, Hasbro.
Re: Video Review of Transformers: The Last Knight Turbo Changer Hound & Barricade (1874714)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 15th, 2017 @ 11:32pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:The repainted mask is just lame. Using an RID mask and painting it to look like Movie Bee isn't fooling anyone, Hasbro.


Who cares, it's Bunmblebee! :DANCE:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Prime Rid CLIFFJUMPER Complete Robots in Disguise First Edition - Time Remaining: 27 days 11 hours 7 minutes 36 seconds
transformers prime Classics Fall of Cybertron FOC starscream prototype - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 11 minutes 13 seconds
Super Rare Takara Transformers G1 Megatron Black ver. Limited Edition BOTCON - Time Remaining: 7 days 16 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers AOE Platinum Edition BREAKOUT BATTLE Rollbar+Vehicon+Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 19 minutes 5 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Platinum Edition 30th Anneversary Grimlock VS Bruticus Stock - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 19 minutes 8 seconds
NEW X-TRANSBOTS BEK-01R Upgrade Kit for Transformers G1 Color FOC Bruticus - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 19 minutes 1 second
Transformers Beast Hunters PREDAKING Prime Leader Beast Fire Action Figure - Time Remaining: 28 days 14 hours 21 minutes
Hunter Wheeljack G16 Transformers Go! Takara Tomy Action Figure 4904810487616 - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 28 minutes 24 seconds
Website Security Test