Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures

Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures

Tuesday, November 26th, 2019 10:28pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,077

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to tee bizz on Youtube, we have our first in hands look at Super7's ReAction Transformers! For those not aware, ReAction is Super7's line of retro-style action figures, usually with five points of articulation at 3.75" scale. Think of them like Action Masters, but with less articulation. Each figure comes with a weapon accessory (including Starscream who comes with a gun Megatron) except for Megatron who's canon is certainly large enough. The review covers Megatron, Starscream and Jazz.

The entire first wave consists of Optimus Prime, Jazz, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave. Next will be an even more ambitious set for February made up of Alpha Trion, Skyfire, Mirage, Grimlock, Shockwave, Rumble, Shrapnel, and Devastator. The suggested price is $15 though most retailers seem to be more comfortable $18.

What do you think? Do Transformers need to transform or are you all in for the cartoon accuracy? Or are you just here for the retro vibes? Sound off in the comments below and let us know what you think!


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045502)
Posted by ZarenPRIME on November 27th, 2019 @ 12:46am CST
These are rad! I need every one of them. EVERY ONE I TELL YOU! /// Has anyone seen actual pictures of the DEVESTATOR yet?
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045507)
Posted by leokearon on November 27th, 2019 @ 5:29am CST
I wish Megatron had a swivel to allow him to fire his Fusion Cannon
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045515)
Posted by haldand on November 27th, 2019 @ 8:52am CST
I remember these. You youngsters might not remember them, but back in my day we used to call them "Action Masters". So.. not entirely sure how I feel about this specific line. It's a little nostalgic for me, and yet I remember not liking Action Masters very much...
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045518)
Posted by carytheone on November 27th, 2019 @ 9:31am CST
Wow these look surprisingly good, with some sharp AF paint decos, but a little smaller than expected. Will be getting Soundwave for shrine reasons.

They are so G1 cartoon accurate, does that make these "Action Masterpiece" figures?
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045519)
Posted by leokearon on November 27th, 2019 @ 9:34am CST
carytheone wrote:Wow these look surprisingly good, with some sharp AF paint decos, but a little smaller than expected. Will be getting Soundwave for shrine reasons.

They are so G1 cartoon accurate, does that make these "Action Masterpiece" figures?


But the Action Masters had more possibility (granted just knee joints) and had their partners.
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045520)
Posted by carytheone on November 27th, 2019 @ 9:41am CST
leokearon wrote:
carytheone wrote:Wow these look surprisingly good, with some sharp AF paint decos, but a little smaller than expected. Will be getting Soundwave for shrine reasons.

They are so G1 cartoon accurate, does that make these "Action Masterpiece" figures?
But the Action Masters had more possibility (granted just knee joints) and had their partners.
I'm just riffing on the current trend of super toon accuracy "to a fault" of the MP line.
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045523)
Posted by cruizerdave on November 27th, 2019 @ 10:52am CST
They are kind of like less articulated, better painted action masters.

I think I'll pass, but they are kind of an interesting thing to have out there in the universe.
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045548)
Posted by william-james88 on November 27th, 2019 @ 7:19pm CST
ZarenPRIME wrote:These are rad! I need every one of them. EVERY ONE I TELL YOU! /// Has anyone seen actual pictures of the DEVESTATOR yet?


Not yet.

haldand wrote:I remember these. You youngsters might not remember them, but back in my day we used to call them "Action Masters".


This isn't action masters. Action masters were more articulated and came with a transforming component so there was still a Transformers element.

This line is not banking on action master nostalgia (at least not purposefully) instead it's about imposing the limited 5 articulation points of the first star wars Kenner figures from the 70s to all franchises. So it's even more retro.
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045556)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on November 27th, 2019 @ 11:52pm CST
I like them, they're cute.... but they're not $18 cute. I think if I saw them on clearance for $8 I might buy one, but at that price I can get a deluxe fig, man.
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045559)
Posted by AlexisSkrull on November 28th, 2019 @ 1:23am CST
If S7 hadnt increased the price i'd be getting some but going from $13 (the price reactions were a few months ago) to $18 is a deal breaker. I am on SSI and can not convince myself to spend that much on a 5 POA figure thats 4 inches.
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045726)
Posted by JaffleMaker on December 1st, 2019 @ 7:59pm CST
I'll be in a minority in that action masters were some of my favourite transformers (first figures I had as a kid) and I've always wanted reissues in better colours, or new characters made in the same style. These really should be something I want to buy, but somehow they manage to miss the mark. Close but no cigar. Won't be buying them but I hope they are successful.
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2045837)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 2nd, 2019 @ 8:14pm CST
while I do not want to pay the $18 for these, Jazz looks kinda cool, I kinda want him
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2048245)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 1st, 2020 @ 6:35pm CST
Saw one of these figures at my local FYE store, and holy cows they are tiny

Image
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2048252)
Posted by carytheone on January 1st, 2020 @ 8:04pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Saw one of these figures at my local FYE store, and holy cows they are tiny

Wow that is somehow both shocking and unsurprising at the same time. I'm also shocked that FYE is still open!

There is a bit of novelty to the small size though. Did ya buy it?
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2048253)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 1st, 2020 @ 8:36pm CST
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Saw one of these figures at my local FYE store, and holy cows they are tiny

Wow that is somehow both shocking and unsurprising at the same time. I'm also shocked that FYE is still open!

There is a bit of novelty to the small size though. Did ya buy it?

No, I could not justify $20 for it.

The one of these that I may be interested in is Jazz. But that size, geez, I thought they would have been bigger
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2048286)
Posted by carytheone on January 2nd, 2020 @ 7:40am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Saw one of these figures at my local FYE store, and holy cows they are tiny

Wow that is somehow both shocking and unsurprising at the same time. I'm also shocked that FYE is still open!

There is a bit of novelty to the small size though. Did ya buy it?
No, I could not justify $20 for it.

The one of these that I may be interested in is Jazz. But that size, geez, I thought they would have been bigger
Well the ReAction line's schtick is 3.75" figures. The price does seem pretty steep though. I've never really paid much attention to the line before, so I'm not sure what the other figures sold for. Seen several at Target over the years and never once looked at the price. :lol:
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2048337)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 2nd, 2020 @ 6:02pm CST
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Saw one of these figures at my local FYE store, and holy cows they are tiny

Wow that is somehow both shocking and unsurprising at the same time. I'm also shocked that FYE is still open!

There is a bit of novelty to the small size though. Did ya buy it?
No, I could not justify $20 for it.

The one of these that I may be interested in is Jazz. But that size, geez, I thought they would have been bigger
Well the ReAction line's schtick is 3.75" figures. The price does seem pretty steep though. I've never really paid much attention to the line before, so I'm not sure what the other figures sold for. Seen several at Target over the years and never once looked at the price. :lol:

I think they are usually around $15, but it's FYE so it's always got a bit of a markup
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2053629)
Posted by Stargrave on February 22nd, 2020 @ 1:12pm CST
Just in from #HasbroToyFair 2020 Seibertron presents images of the massive Super 7 display of their Reaction and Super Cyborg lines. Reaction is now offering their Action Master-ish versions of Perceptor, Astrotrain, Starscream, Megatron, Alpha Trion, Shrapnel (Skrapnel? Sharpshot? So hard to keep track...track), Frenzy, Blaster, Dirge, Blitzwing, Shockwave, Jazz, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and a huge Devastator! They also have on display their Super Cyborg versions of Optimus and Megatron in both standard and clear versions. They also have a Super Cyborg Soundwave and the new Shogun sized Optimus Prime. Lastly they have what is likely to be the talk of the block this Halloween: their offering of new Halloween candy baskets shaped like the head of 80's icons including, you guessed it, Optimus Prime and Megatron. Enjoy the views and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in #HasbroToyFair 2020 Transformers news!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2053911)
Posted by MeGrimlockKing2018 on February 23rd, 2020 @ 12:40am CST
Soooo gonna get Alpha Trion as this is the first toy I have seen of him that looks decent enough to buy I still want Optimus Prime/Megatron as well
Re: Video Review Provides In Hand Look at Super7 ReAction Transformers Figures (2054181)
Posted by Wh33l Jck on February 23rd, 2020 @ 9:12pm CST
I have all these on preorder. They look great!

That Devy looks cool... BBTS has a preorder for 2 Devy's (large and regular), I'm guessing this is the large sized up from the regular?

I still want the large translucent purple Megatron, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Soundwave & Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME & ROLLER, Thrilling 30 Legends 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 G1 STARSCREAM Evil Decepticon Original 100% complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY