Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx

Monday, January 25th, 2016 7:48am CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,640

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Survivefan23, who linked us to the YouTube clip by chefatron, we have a full video review of the upcoming Voyager from the Transformers Combiner Wars line Sky Lynx - in his new torso mode for Sky Reign, regular chatterbox bird-creature-dino-thing (no actual lynx included this time), and shuttle with massive undercarriage. You can take a look directly below, as we have embedded the video for your viewing pleasure!

Credit(s): YouTube chefatron


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759254)
Posted by Bradimus on January 25th, 2016 @ 8:14am CST
Hasbro got too cheap with the wings. Otherwise it's a nice figure. But its true strength lies in torso mode. Unfortunately the Lynx head is an acquired taste, and I have not acquired it. Yet... :-?
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759265)
Posted by william-james88 on January 25th, 2016 @ 8:52am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:The dragstrip mold, as an arm, has almost no articulation at the shoulder as the shoulder chunk gets obstructed by the kibble on the menasor/o/p mold and hotspot/onslaught mold thus making it a very poor arm mode >:oP


What you see as a problem with dragstrip, I instead see as a problem with the Menasor and Defensor/Bruticus torso.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759268)
Posted by Agamemnon on January 25th, 2016 @ 9:06am CST
Joe-Prime77 wrote:So since you own both have you tried swapping hip joints? or are the molds slightly different to not allow a hip replacement?


I haven't as yet. I prefer BC Prime with the good hips and don't intend to ever combine OP, so the hips are good in that fashion. I don't see why it wouldn't work, though.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759270)
Posted by Joe-Prime77 on January 25th, 2016 @ 9:10am CST
By the way what is SEIBERTRON CIVIL WAR??
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759271)
Posted by Va'al on January 25th, 2016 @ 9:11am CST
Joe-Prime77 wrote:By the way what is SEIBERTRON CIVIL WAR??


seibertron-civil-war-t106161.php
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759282)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 25th, 2016 @ 9:55am CST
I quite like the wings actually, it may have been a cost cutting measure but the blue visible through the white wings looks quite good
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759311)
Posted by Bradimus on January 25th, 2016 @ 11:45am CST
Chefatron's Sky Reign review went up two hours ago. I was concerned regarding the stability of Sky Lynx as a torso. Now I know the figure is a floppy mess. Poses great but plays poorly. Oh well, more money saved for me.

Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759312)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 25th, 2016 @ 11:49am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:The dragstrip mold, as an arm, has almost no articulation at the shoulder as the shoulder chunk gets obstructed by the kibble on the menasor/o/p mold and hotspot/onslaught mold thus making it a very poor arm mode >:oP

Really? I have no issue with him as an arm hindering shoulder movement...maybe we transform him differently in arm mode?

And Sky Lynx as an individual is cool but not totally wow, but combined mode HOLY SCRAP THAT THING IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! :BOT:
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759314)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 25th, 2016 @ 11:59am CST
I wish there was a way to separate the two parts like on the old toy. Doesn't look there would've been too much work involved. Just some pegs and holes between the Bird and Lynx. The Bird doesn't even need leg pieces to work.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759316)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:08pm CST
I'd really like to see Sky Reign scrambled differently. Maybe with Mirage, Prowl, or Ironhide in the mix. I'm used to asymmetric colors on combiners, but there should be some colors shared back and forth, and there's really nothing there that ties Trailbreaker and Hound in with the rest of the team, and given that it looks like a good bit of Sky Reign's stability issues come from Hound being especially heavy compared to the others, I don't see much point in using him there.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759317)
Posted by Bradimus on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:13pm CST
Caelus wrote:I'd really like to see Sky Reign scrambled differently. Maybe with Mirage, Prowl, or Ironhide in the mix. I'm used to asymmetric colors on combiners, but there should be some colors shared back and forth, and there's really nothing there that ties Trailbreaker and Hound in with the rest of the team, and given that it looks like a good bit of Sky Reign's stability issues come from Hound being especially heavy compared to the others, I don't see much point in using him there.


Sky Reign's floppiness is due to the shoulders not locking into place and the hip ratchets being useless. According the video. Changing the limbs isn't going to solve those problems.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759321)
Posted by Generator_G1 on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:20pm CST
This is the best look that I can do adding Groove to Skyreign. Groove essentially hangs on to the side of the torso but with no dedicated pegs to hang on to, he will fall out at the slightest movement.

Replace Groove with Wreckgar and Skyreign gets a yellow-orange crotch. Lol. :lol: :lol:

Image20160126_015558 by Rye Saldivar, on Flickr

Image20160126_015619 by Rye Saldivar, on Flickr

Image20160126_015551 by Rye Saldivar, on Flickr

Image20160126_015543 by Rye Saldivar, on Flickr

Image20160126_015639 by Rye Saldivar, on Flickr
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759322)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:22pm CST
Still undecided. The torso mode didn't interest me other than having a Lynx head that could be used in a fan-mode Lynx form (and the torso mode seems quite useless to those who did want to use it if it's that unstable). If I see it in Toys R Us in the UK I may pick it up, moreso if in a sale. Like others I really would have preferred a seperate Lynx mode. That was part of the fun of the original toy.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759324)
Posted by william-james88 on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:26pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote: That was part of the fun of the original toy.


Along with it being huge!
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759325)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:31pm CST
Generator_G1 wrote:This is the best look that I can do adding Groove to Skyreign. Groove essentially hangs on to the side of the torso but with no dedicated pegs to hang on to, he will fall out at the slightest movement.

Replace Groove with Wreckgar and Skyreign gets a yellow-orange crotch. Lol. :lol: :lol:

Anyway to attach him to the back somehow? :BOT:
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759330)
Posted by Generator_G1 on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:39pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Generator_G1 wrote:This is the best look that I can do adding Groove to Skyreign. Groove essentially hangs on to the side of the torso but with no dedicated pegs to hang on to, he will fall out at the slightest movement.

Replace Groove with Wreckgar and Skyreign gets a yellow-orange crotch. Lol. :lol: :lol:

Anyway to attach him to the back somehow? :BOT:


Nothing to hang on the back, I'm afraid.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759331)
Posted by Spotter5 on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:41pm CST
damn thats one jaded reviewer
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759333)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:43pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Still undecided. The torso mode didn't interest me other than having a Lynx head that could be used in a fan-mode Lynx form (and the torso mode seems quite useless to those who did want to use it if it's that unstable). If I see it in Toys R Us in the UK I may pick it up, moreso if in a sale. Like others I really would have preferred a seperate Lynx mode. That was part of the fun of the original toy.



christ! we'll have a wait til it comes to the UK won't we?(in physical stores) even Kapow have it penned in for Feb/March release.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759336)
Posted by Survivefan23 on January 25th, 2016 @ 12:55pm CST
I just saw photos of this guy who owns him where he took Legion Groove and had him in Sky Lynx in torso mode and attached him to the most uncomfortable & inappropriate place, his crotch. He says that Groove will fall off with a little jingle.
I mean, that's just sick.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx (1759337)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 25th, 2016 @ 1:04pm CST
Survivefan23 wrote:I just saw photos of this guy who owns him where he took Legion Groove and had him in Sky Lynx in torso mode and attached him to the most uncomfortable & inappropriate place, his crotch. He says that Groove will fall off with a little jingle.
I mean, that's just sick.


Yeah, considering we have seen nary an official picture of them combined (like all the others) and the fact that those who do have him cannot seem to combine him, I'm pretty sure hasbro straight up lied to us about wreck gar combining with sky reign in order to get us to buy yet another wasted repaint.

And I agree, that is a very jaded reviewer >:oP

Also, very sad to here that hasbro skimped on the designing of Sky Reign too, the amount of respect that I have for them is now approaching negative numbers =;

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Soundwave & Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME & ROLLER, Thrilling 30 Legends 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 G1 STARSCREAM Evil Decepticon Original 100% complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY