Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm

Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm

Wednesday, July 8th, 2015 4:29am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,657

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

After Hasbro Transformers: Robots in Disguise Deployer Fracture, fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999 offers us a video review of the category companion to the purple bike-con: Drift, along with mini-con Jetstorm! Check out below the embedded clip, and chuck's thoughts.

Rejoice, Drift is better than Fracture! Unfortunately the limitations that Fracture had in terms of articulation are still present on Drift but the whole Deployer gimmick works much more smoothly. Jetstorm looks cool but not cool enough to cover the brick nature of the mold. I can see the bipedal Autobot Deployers getting stale rather quickly. If you want to experience the gimmick then by all means buy Drift but the Deployers aren't a necessary addition to any collection.


Credit(s): chuckdawg1999


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707119)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 8th, 2015 @ 8:07am CDT
I think McDonald's is gonna sue somebody...this screams Happy Meal toy all the way. These will surely be clogging the pegs at my local TRU soon. Walmart, Target, and Kmart are currently dried up of anything new in my area. I see this and his pal Fracture hitting TRU soon. Curse you Hasblow...Why even bother with this crap when there are so many characters and new molds that could and should have been developed for CW. CW is the best TF line to come out since the introduction of Generations...before that Classics held the title. I wouldn't give this piece of slag to a kid if I got it for free. =; :SICK: :BANG_HEAD:

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707124)
Posted by william-james88 on July 8th, 2015 @ 8:25am CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:I think McDonald's is gonna sue somebody...this screams Happy Meal toy all the way. These will surely be clogging the pegs at my local TRU soon. Walmart, Target, and Kmart are currently dried up of anything new in my area. I see this and his pal Fracture hitting TRU soon. Curse you Hasblow...Why even bother with this crap when there are so many characters and new molds that could and should have been developed for CW. CW is the best TF line to come out since the introduction of Generations...before that Classics held the title. I wouldn't give this piece of slag to a kid if I got it for free. =; :SICK: :BANG_HEAD:

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:


But Hasbro already said that this line is not intended for an older audience. It's only for kids (aside from the warrior class) and this toy plays along those lines so I dont see a problem. If you want to have RID toys targetted towards you, then come and join us in their discussion in the TAV thread :)
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707204)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 8th, 2015 @ 10:44am CDT
But Hasbro already said that this line is not intended for an older audience. It's only for kids (aside from the warrior class) and this toy plays along those lines so I dont see a problem. If you want to have RID toys targetted towards you, then come and join us in their discussion in the TAV thread :)[/quote]

I understand that. I was just saying that Hasbro loves to stray from what works rather than what they think works. I have no interest in this line...nor do I think children will be enthused with it much more than for 5 seconds. I'm glad they are not making a bunch of stuff I want...feeding this hobby is costly enough. Again I was just making a generalization of Hasbro business practice as a whole. :-B
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707230)
Posted by william-james88 on July 8th, 2015 @ 12:08pm CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:
I understand that. I was just saying that Hasbro loves to stray from what works rather than what they think works. I have no interest in this line...nor do I think children will be enthused with it much more than for 5 seconds. I'm glad they are not making a bunch of stuff I want...feeding this hobby is costly enough. Again I was just making a generalization of Hasbro business practice as a whole. :-B


I see, and I in turn understand you view. But I dont know if we are truly able to evaluate whether what Hasbro does works or not. We can say it sucks for us (and it does, as Takara surely tries to remedy the situation on their end). Hasbro has a whole department related to market research, they seem to know their stuff. And that flip and Change grimlock sold very well (thats the only bit I can attest to). The one steps also sold very well on the seibertron store, so I dont think any of us is well placed to say what the market at large feels.

And I dont find any "shelfwarming" to be valid arguments either (not that you brought it up, but in case anyone does). Firstly because the actual deluxes from the film were as seemingly stagnant and secondly because we cant be sure if those toys that we keep seeing on the shelves are those same toys or simply being constantly restocked (I did the test once by buying every single Skrapnel I could find and they were restocked every week).

And those 3 step changers are working super well in my area, the bumlblebee and optimus especially.

All I meant to say is that while sharing our personal opinions is fine, I think none of us are in the know enough to tell Hasbro that what they are doing is bad for their business. Especially when they invest a bunch into market research. They actually invite a bunch of lucky kids to play with prototypes and then ask for their feedback. My 10 year old cousin was really fond of one step Hound and of constuct bots (two things I didnt care for).
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707295)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 8th, 2015 @ 4:31pm CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:I understand that. I was just saying that Hasbro loves to stray from what works rather than what they think works. I have no interest in this line...nor do I think children will be enthused with it much more than for 5 seconds. I'm glad they are not making a bunch of stuff I want...feeding this hobby is costly enough. Again I was just making a generalization of Hasbro business practice as a whole. :-B


So, what you say is that Hasbro/Takara should NEVER try anything new ever. By that logic, the Transformers franchise would have died in 1986 before the Movie would have been made. Once all the Diaclone molds and their main repaint would have overstayed their welcome on the store shelves, Transformers would have been over.

In another timeline, you wouldnt even been collecting transformers. You would collect something else and you would STILL manage to complain about it. :roll:
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707337)
Posted by carytheone on July 8th, 2015 @ 6:17pm CDT
Howdy fellow Seibertronians! Robots in Disguise 6" Titan Guardians were spotted at US retail today at the Family Dollar in Houma, LA by none other than yours truly. This line was previously reported here to include the 12" Heros with 4 points of articulation and the 6" with no articulation.

I can positively report that the Guardians do in fact have 3 points of articulation, including: shoulder and waist rotation. The Heroes line include Optimus Prime (not pictured), Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Steeljaw.

Image

Keep your browser pointed to Seibertron.com and keep hitting that refresh button for the freshest news, the most extensive galleries and the best Transformers discussion around.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707363)
Posted by Metroplex79 on July 8th, 2015 @ 7:35pm CDT
carytheone wrote:Howdy fellow Seibertronians! Robots in Disguise 6" Titan Guardians were spotted at US retail today at the Family Dollar in Houma, LA by none other than yours truly. This line was previously reported here to include the 12" Heros with 4 points of articulation and the 6" with no articulation.

I can positively report that the Guardians do in fact have 3 points of articulation, including: shoulder and waist rotation. The Heroes line include Optimus Prime (not pictured), Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Steeljaw.

Image

Mini Titans?

When they repaint this line, they'll call them Giant Midgets.

:lol:
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707451)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2015 @ 11:13pm CDT
Metroplex79 wrote:Mini Titans?

When they repaint this line, they'll call them Giant Midgets.

:lol:
6" Titan Guardians have been a thing since 2013.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707453)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 8th, 2015 @ 11:22pm CDT
hrrrmmmm. I reported on these a while back but it never made news. I figured it was because they weren't really new. Thats like the second news item I submitted that didn't go anywhere. Oh well.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707465)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 8th, 2015 @ 11:40pm CDT
Heres a screen of my post. It has the pic of Optimus.

screen.jpg
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707531)
Posted by william-james88 on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:04am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:Heres a screen of my post. It has the pic of Optimus.

screen.jpg


Did you send them to the news team? Next time you find something that you think might be newsworthy, you have to send it to them sing the link in my signature. It's the only way to make sure they see it.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707554)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 9th, 2015 @ 8:44am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:Heres a screen of my post. It has the pic of Optimus.

screen.jpg


Did you send them to the news team? Next time you find something that you think might be newsworthy, you have to send it to them sing the link in my signature. It's the only way to make sure they see it.


I have before. Maybe I didn't this time, but it hasn't been the first time I've submitted something that turned up later. I don't want to come off as whining but part of the fun of reporting new stuff is getting credit. But it's ok.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1707559)
Posted by william-james88 on July 9th, 2015 @ 9:03am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:Heres a screen of my post. It has the pic of Optimus.

screen.jpg


Did you send them to the news team? Next time you find something that you think might be newsworthy, you have to send it to them sing the link in my signature. It's the only way to make sure they see it.


I have before. Maybe I didn't this time, but it hasn't been the first time I've submitted something that turned up later. I don't want to come off as whining but part of the fun of reporting new stuff is getting credit. But it's ok.


That's totally understandable. So for next time, just to make sure you have the odds in your favour, send it through "submit news" / the link in my signature.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1708049)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:13pm CDT
Image
Image
Well...I sure am glad I bought the Iron Factory version, let's put it that way.
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1708055)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:17pm CDT
HAH! Look like the Iron Factory Legion Windblade is now obsolOMFG KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1708063)
Posted by carytheone on July 9th, 2015 @ 6:23pm CDT
At first glance, I thought we had a new Rat Bat mold. More like Batwing Blade?
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1708099)
Posted by RAcast on July 9th, 2015 @ 7:37pm CDT
My god that's hideous.

It's RiD Deluxe Airachnid hideous.

I may go buy Maiden after all... I was basically waiting to see Hasbro's answer to it, and well... :SICK: :BOOM:
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1708113)
Posted by Va'al on July 9th, 2015 @ 7:57pm CDT
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1708193)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 9th, 2015 @ 9:53pm CDT
Image
Image
Man, Fixit has forever ruined how I view Legion figures...
Re: Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Deployer Drift with Jetstorm (1708200)
Posted by carytheone on July 9th, 2015 @ 10:15pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Man, Fixit has forever ruined how I view Legion figures...
He does indeed set the bar pretty high. He is more like a nice legends figure.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TLK Skullitron NEW MISB - TRU Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike  Squadron WFC-S27 War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY