Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs

Transformers News: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs

Thursday, December 5th, 2019 9:41pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 20,781

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to our old pal chuckdawg1999, we have a new video review for you today, starring the final deluxe class Autobot from Siege: Crosshairs!

Crosshairs is a repaint of the wave 2 Ironhide figure, complete with a new head that is accurate to his animation model from the 4th season of the G1 Cartoon, AKA The Rebirth. Crosshairs comes with the same weapon as Ironhide did, though you can give him the Trenchfoot Battlemaster that came in the Autobot Amazon package that included G2 Sidewipe and Slamdance.

Crosshairs is showing up in stores now, so head on out and hunt him down! And if this video review wasn't enough, you can always check out our Seibertron.com gallery for Crosshairs.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Crosshairs is a repaint with a new head of Ironhide based on the late G1 Targetmaster. Thankfully, the leg panels are tighter on Crosshairs than on Ironhide and hold in place during transformation. All the joints are just as stable as on my copy on Ironhide which is a tip of the hat to the Hasbro design team that in the Siege line all repaints were just as good as their original versions.


Credit(s): chuckdawg1999


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046208)
Posted by Deadput on December 6th, 2019 @ 1:21am CST
william-james88 wrote:
How doesn't it fit exactly? It feels a lot like Shockwave to me. A voyager with extra accessories to add to the alt mode which can then be used in other modes. The whole trilogy was planned by the same people at the same time, and its all g1 based anyways. Whoever comes out first feels rather dubious then and the different yearly lines are just so that retailers know to stock new toys. Sideswipe and Flywheels could have come out in Earthrise just as much in Siege so the debate, if one is even worth our time, goes beyond simply Astrotrain.

A question for you guys, I see some people hating on Mirage, anyone know why? I thought he was pretty solid.


He doesn't fit because he's literally the one guy who turns into 100 percent Earth Vehicles in a Cybertronian line, say what you will about how Earth like the other figures in the lines vehicle modes were but they were just futuristic/cybertronian enough, Astrotrain is literally Earth mode in both forms.

Neither of his modes fit and he seems a lot more like Earthrise Optimus Prime with the accessories and trailer component.

It's so obvious he was meant for Earthrise, wave 5 wasn't planned, he's part of the first wave of Earthrise and there absolutely was a comment about what was intended and like another poster says he has a connector tab that doesn't exist in Siege outside of Omega Supreme but is a big feature of Earthrise
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046221)
Posted by william-james88 on December 6th, 2019 @ 9:07am CST
Deadput wrote:and there absolutely was a comment about what was intended


Then please give a link. I don't get how something can be so absolute and yet no one is bothering to show any confirmation. This could just be your interpretation of something you read, like people who were sure we'd get the coneheads in siege.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046225)
Posted by Deadput on December 6th, 2019 @ 9:45am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Deadput wrote:and there absolutely was a comment about what was intended


Then please give a link. I don't get how something can be so absolute and yet no one is bothering to show any confirmation. This could just be your interpretation of something you read, like people who were sure we'd get the coneheads in siege.


I don't bookmark what I read, it's just something I remember.

Trying to find it on Tfw2005 right now, I found a post on there so far from a user named tigatron2002 who claims that


not likely, wave 5 wasnt planned, it was a late addition to the line because retailers wanted more. astrotrain and spinister were pulled from earthrise (we know this for fact thanks to early distributor listings), ratbat and rumble were also likely pulled from earthrise along with the battle patrol (ratbat and rumble look significantly more like earth tapes than ravage and laserbeak), rung was probably pulled from earthrise with singe being an easy repaint to release alongside spinister to get both his partners out and crosshairs was likely pulled from generations selects


Still trying to find more info but I'm leaving this for now.


Edit: Here's another older post from another user named JtPrime17



We don't have 100% confirmation or know if they were supposed to be wave 1, but we do have evidence that At least Apeface and the Micromaster Rumble and Ratbat pack were originally supposed to be released in Earthrise but were brought forward to siege.

Let me Explain. For Hasbro's internal listings they usually use abbreviations for their placeholders for their products. For example all the Earthrise figures use "TRA GEN WFC E" and all the siege figures just use "TRA GEN WFC". Lets just say we could of known a lot sooner about Earthrise than before the NYCC reveal. Back in July when Siege's wave 5 internal listings were found in Walmart's system all the figures used the Usual Siege abbreviations besides Apeface and the one Micromaster pack. Of course I didn't dig deeper into it a the time because I thought it was just a Typo. Of course after Earthrise was revealed I went back and looked into it. And What do you know Hasbro didn't cleanup their listings all the way and the original product descriptions listed Earthrise right there in the title. It's been all cleaned up now unfortunately, but listings can still be found of Apeface and the Mircos still using the Earthrise abbreviations.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/tra-ge ... r-ape-face (look in the URL)

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =864234039 - BrickSeek


Still looking, but doesn't it seem strange that Starscream is the only Decepticon (not including the Micromasters) at all?
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046227)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on December 6th, 2019 @ 10:13am CST
Didn't the leaks for wave 5 pre-date any leaks for Earthrise and people assumed that the leaks were for part 2 given the time of year?
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046231)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 6th, 2019 @ 12:12pm CST
Problem there is if wave five wasn't planned then they must have done a very quick turn around on the Astrotrain and other designs, as we know there is a lengthy design process.

If course it isn't clear cut as you could say that they were developed early on for incursion but dropped from the regular waves then picked back up again with Wave 5
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046233)
Posted by william-james88 on December 6th, 2019 @ 2:04pm CST
Thanks for those links and effort Deadput, but yeah as you might have guessed I am still not convinced of anything since there isn't anything related to astrotrain and there is no word there from Hasbro, just fans guessing things and wrongfully claiming it as fact (like that first quote which misremembers the listings). Memory works in a funny way and maybe you put two comments together and remember it in a different way. Plus, the one with the "evidence" for being part of earthrise is apeface who has a cybertronian ship mode and casettes to go with a siege toy? Any logic just falls apart right there. Lets just say I remain skeptical about any absolutes (as anyone should) and I truly think there are just a bunch of toys ready out there for the trilogy as a whole and when they come out specifically doesn't matter that much.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046237)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on December 6th, 2019 @ 2:39pm CST
News staff: known faker makes list of "leaks," we'll post it as a rumor

Also news staff: I don't care what reasoning you have, I won't acknowledge the possibility of this supposition unless you have a notarized letter personally signed by John Warden

To your actual point, it's totally fair to challenge it as accepted truth when it's just stuff that people are batting around forums. There's evidence to suggest that Astrotrain was intended for Earthrise, but nothing to prove it. I'm personally happy that there's a high level of continuity across the WfC sub-lines so that they all fit well together.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046238)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 6th, 2019 @ 2:58pm CST
AcademyofDrX wrote:News staff: known faker makes list of "leaks," we'll post it as a rumor

Also news staff: I don't care what reasoning you have, I won't acknowledge the possibility of this supposition unless you have a notarized letter personally signed by John Warden

To your actual point, it's totally fair to challenge it as accepted truth when it's just stuff that people are batting around forums. There's evidence to suggest that Astrotrain was intended for Earthrise, but nothing to prove it. I'm personally happy that there's a high level of continuity across the WfC sub-lines so that they all fit well together.

I mean, to be fair, they could have seen the demand and pushed up the timetables for 2 of the earthrise molds - remember, though new, crosshairs is the pre-tooled partner for ironhide and thus the mold for his head should have already existed and may have been an easy out to freshen up this new wave.

All they would have had to do would be to focus finishing spinister and astrotrain and then make them, and push back earthrise, it would give them solid pr to back up that siege was very successful for them in their earnings reports.

Both astrotrain and spinister have very earthen aspects about them and makes sense that they were set to be released in earthrise, but had qualities surrounding them that made them the choice to be released early, this, I feel is logically the most likely answer, but I would be fascinated to hear an argument against
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046241)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 6th, 2019 @ 4:26pm CST
Just got notice today from Hasbro Pulse that my Siege Crosshairs and Spinister have been shipped out! I should have them by Monday. :)

Now, I just have to wait on Astrotrain, and I'll be all set. I got Apeface and all the Micromasters already, and Rung and Singe are on the way from BBTS.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046245)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 6th, 2019 @ 4:36pm CST
Scourge with Fracas, looking good

Image
Image
Image
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046269)
Posted by aronjlove on December 6th, 2019 @ 7:18pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:Just got notice today from Hasbro Pulse that my Siege Crosshairs and Spinister have been shipped out! I should have them by Monday. :)

Now, I just have to wait on Astrotrain, and I'll be all set. I got Apeface and all the Micromasters already, and Rung and Singe are on the way from BBTS.
AAarrrgagashdgahsdgka, I feel like a fool. I cancelled my Hasbro Pulse preorder and preordered Spinister on Amazon 3 weeks ago. Now he's sold out on Pulse and gotta wait for Amazon to release :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046285)
Posted by Deadput on December 7th, 2019 @ 2:36am CST
william-james88 wrote:Thanks for those links and effort Deadput, but yeah as you might have guessed I am still not convinced of anything since there isn't anything related to astrotrain and there is no word there from Hasbro, just fans guessing things and wrongfully claiming it as fact (like that first quote which misremembers the listings). Memory works in a funny way and maybe you put two comments together and remember it in a different way. Plus, the one with the "evidence" for being part of earthrise is apeface who has a cybertronian ship mode and casettes to go with a siege toy? Any logic just falls apart right there. Lets just say I remain skeptical about any absolutes (as anyone should) and I truly think there are just a bunch of toys ready out there for the trilogy as a whole and when they come out specifically doesn't matter that much.


I suppose I'm misremebering but what I remember was a comment from Warden or some other Hasbro rep at I think a recent convention (the one where wave one of Earthrise was revealed)

But yeah, I have no real proof and it's speculation, now I'm personally on the belief that Astrotrain absolutely was an Earthrise figure that was moved up to Siege, Crosshairs I'm certain was just one of those pre planned head sculpts that Hasbro does for figures and they decided to use him as line filler instead of something like Selects or not using them at all (Remember things like Hardhead from generations Warpath?) but overall the rest is speculation.


And personally justification on why Apeface is a tad of a disaster, being rushed would explain it's issues besides the other probably idea that Hasbro dropped the ball entirely with him.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046354)
Posted by Fuseflow on December 8th, 2019 @ 3:30am CST
If astrotrain was brought up from earthrise, we may never know for certain, that could only be a good sign.

It means Siege sold well enough that they added more to the line, and will probably add more to Earthrise to compensate.

I'd imagine they always hold prototype molds for testing and concept just sometimes they don't make the final cut. If demand is there they'll get to do more. It's probably what happened with those who didn't win the fan vote.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046365)
Posted by SiegeFan on December 8th, 2019 @ 9:05am CST
I appreciate the Siege G1 Refraktor pack's RRP is usually insane, but if it's ever on sale like at In Demand Toys here in the UK grab it. The camera mode is absolutely worth it, total showpiece.

Actually ordered another one to split into the three bots!

Also another Spinister; that dude's brilliant in both modes, really dynamic in every way and the colours that might look initially horrible really are great when he's posed.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046391)
Posted by Rogue-Primal on December 8th, 2019 @ 5:19pm CST
Small problem with siege ravage. The instructions arent very helpful but his small silver feet often get tangled and his black transformation joints are literally too tight.
How do i avoid breaking him? I've been keeping him in panther mode since i got him.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046394)
Posted by Skritz on December 8th, 2019 @ 5:34pm CST
SiegeFan wrote:Also another Spinister; that dude's brilliant in both modes, really dynamic in every way and the colours that might look initially horrible really are great when he's posed.


How DARE you bismirch the neon glory of late G1?!
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046395)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 8th, 2019 @ 5:58pm CST
Look who i found at a local Target

Image

I'm actually digging him so far. I really like the Ape mode, and the robot mode aesthetic is really nice
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046396)
Posted by SiegeFan on December 8th, 2019 @ 5:59pm CST
Skritz wrote:
SiegeFan wrote:Also another Spinister; that dude's brilliant in both modes, really dynamic in every way and the colours that might look initially horrible really are great when he's posed.


How DARE you bismirch the neon glory of late G1?!


Heh, I'll have the late 80s ski jacket community after me too if I'm not careful.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046398)
Posted by aronjlove on December 8th, 2019 @ 6:05pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Look who i found at a local Target

Image

I'm actually digging him so far. I really like the Ape mode, and the robot mode aesthetic is really nice

He is such a nice update. For all his perceived flaws, the positives are far greater. I like how his chest plate even looks like it should be opened to see his stats like the original Apeface. He feels really solid in hand. And as much as I miss not having waist swivel, I'm starting to realize it probably wouldn't have worked with the ape mode. And it is such a nice ape mode.
Re: Video Review - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Crosshairs (2046404)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on December 8th, 2019 @ 7:01pm CST
aronjlove wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Look who i found at a local Target

Image

I'm actually digging him so far. I really like the Ape mode, and the robot mode aesthetic is really nice

He is such a nice update. For all his perceived flaws, the positives are far greater. I like how his chest plate even looks like it should be opened to see his stats like the original Apeface. He feels really solid in hand. And as much as I miss not having waist swivel, I'm starting to realize it probably wouldn't have worked with the ape mode. And it is such a nice ape mode.

Honestly, Apeface is probably my toy of the year. He's a great update, plus I love the design. I can't wait for Snapdragon to be announced. Granted, the major flaw of his, I tend to avoid. The second I tried to remove the shield and it didn't easily budge, I grabbed something that I could slide under the shield to the base of the post to try and gently get it out, and that's the only way I ever try to get it out. The only flaw my copy has that I can't avoid is that his gun doesn't like staying pegged into the nosecone of the jet

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
Twincast / Podcast #238:
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime Arcee First Edition! Factory Sealed! See Pictures!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime FOC Generations MISP Hasbro 2011 6" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy AM-24 Arms Micron Voyager Silas Breakdown US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Starscream. Complete 1st Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Optimus Prime & Entertainment Pack Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead. Complete 1st Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee. Complete 1st Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations- Frenzy & Rat bat Fall Of Cybertron Figure lot" on EBAY