Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Wednesday, February 14th, 2018 4:02AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 9,456

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

After the coverage of in-hand images for the latest voyagers in the Transformers Power of the Primes toyline, namely Hun-Gurrr and Elita-1, as you can see respectively here and here, we have another collection of images for the Carcerian/Autobot commander who will kill you with her forearms, and a silent video review, both courtesy of Atto Kempler on [url]Facebook[/url] and YouTube. The images, partially mirrored below, also show comparisons with other figures from the line, such as Optimus Prime, Grimlock and Starscream.



In addition, YouTube user Shaxitron has uploaded a video review of the Terrorcon double-headed torso Hun-Gurrr, after picking up the voyager at a Walmart store, and shows off robot, creature, and combiner torso mode on camera. Check it all out, and head to the Energon Pub to discuss!





Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr

Transformers News: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr
Credit(s): Atto Kempler, Shaxitron
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938538)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on February 14th, 2018 @ 5:34am CST
WreckerJack wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote: If the customer gave a false price, then that is akin to theft, or at least is immoral, surely?


I am fairly certain it is considered fraud. Customers in the past have been in trouble for switching price tags. I would assume there is some leeway if the clerk asks you the price considering that if they don't know why would the customer know? Either way I really don't think purposefully misrepresenting a price is a good idea. Sure, walmart is kind of a scumbag corporation but I wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble over a figure.


I'll tell you whats truly fraud... some of you grown ass men, waiting early in the morning to take 5+ of the toys off of the shelves and reselling them online for double of what they are worth, so stop trying to badger folks because they were able to get it cheaper. I'm very irritated with people acting as if they are perfect to the core when you are probably one of the most vile persons to walk the earth but you just haven't been exposed yet. The clerk should have done their job and looked it up. He didn't steal anything, he has a receipt to prove it
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938539)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 14th, 2018 @ 5:38am CST
I'm liking elita 1 more every time I see her, especially the gundamesq shoes of hers.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938552)
Posted by Deadput on February 14th, 2018 @ 6:45am CST
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:

I'll tell you whats truly fraud... some of you grown ass men, waiting early in the morning to take 5+ of the toys off of the shelves and reselling them online for double of what they are worth, so stop trying to badger folks because they were able to get it cheaper. I'm very irritated with people acting as if they are perfect to the core when you are probably one of the most vile persons to walk the earth but you just haven't been exposed yet. The clerk should have done their job and looked it up. He didn't steal anything, he has a receipt to prove it


It's theft no justification for it the guy lied to get a plastic toy for cheaper.

If he got caught he would of gotten into a lot of trouble want to know why?

Because it's wrong he committed a crime and that's that.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938554)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on February 14th, 2018 @ 6:58am CST
Sorry my friend, I've worked in the industry for 20+ years. I PERSONALLY have had to fire or write up an employee because they half-assed their job, the customer either had to give back the item or pay the right price and these items I'm talking about (as of recent) 4K Tv's and computers. Even customers using and knowing they have the wrong price match, if my employees dont do the correct check, it is on them. There are many definitions of theft, but that one is not it. It is the error of the employee for taking his word. Unlike most of the people posting, I'm not just spewing... These are facts and I'll go to my room, because i have someone TO play with me.shes quite the looker too
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938555)
Posted by Deadput on February 14th, 2018 @ 7:00am CST
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:Sorry my friend, I've worked in the industry for 20+ years. I PERSONALLY have had to fire or write up an employee because they half-assed their job, the customer either had to give back the item or pay the right price and these items I'm talking about (as of recent) 4K Tv's and computers. Even customers using and knowing they have the wrong price match, if my employees dont do the correct check, it is on them. There are many definitions of theft, but that one is not it. It is the error of the employee for taking his word. Unlike most of the people posting, I'm not just spewing... These are facts and I'll go to my room, because i have someone TO play with me.shes quite the looker too


It's also the fault of the other guy for sure for not checking doesn't make it right to do it though.

And what the hell does that last bit have to do with anything like who cares?
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938558)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on February 14th, 2018 @ 7:10am CST
Your right wing ignorance reeks, you don't care about the facts and how retail law is, so i will take it that you are either jealous of that guy or you are a millineal that does some form of drugs everyday, keeping you from understanding. Either way you're f#@ked... as for me, gotta get ready for work. I'll give you the last word, I know little girls always want it. But ive muted your convo so others can entertain you now
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938563)
Posted by Caelus on February 14th, 2018 @ 7:17am CST
He didn't 'name his price' - he wasn't asked how much he would like to pay for the item, or how much he thought it should be worth - he was asked what price it is and he lied.

If you're going to say he deserves applause and hate on the employee for trying to provide good customer service, then you should likewise consider the shopping carts or the home & garden stuff outside to be free for anyone willing to take them - after all, if someone doesn't stop you from taking their things, that's obviously their fault, right? Anything you can get away with is fair game.

And if you think lying to someone is just being clever and 'outsmarting the system' - for the love of God, don't get married.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938577)
Posted by Cobotron on February 14th, 2018 @ 7:57am CST
Ok Ok Ok!

Let's all go ahead and move on from this discussion. It is terribly off topic. This is certainly not a thread for ethical/moral debate. As interesting as it is.

@G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 - I see you feel very strongly on your position, but there are much more tactful ways to get your point across without your assumptions, accusations, and generally rotten tone. Have a great day at work.

WE ARE ALL MOVING ON FROM THIS DISCUSSION... NOW.
Any more posts on this matter will end in a warning.



Edit:Well I see Rodimus Prime isn't as lenient as me.

I will reiterate, any post from anyone on this matter will result in MORE warnings.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938578)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 14th, 2018 @ 7:58am CST
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:Your right wing ignorance reeks, you don't care about the facts and how retail law is, so i will take it that you are either jealous of that guy or you are a millineal that does some form of drugs everyday, keeping you from understanding. Either way you're f#@ked... as for me, gotta get ready for work. I'll give you the last word, I know little girls always want it. But ive muted your convo so others can entertain you now
This is unacceptable. If you can't have a civil conversation with others on the board, perhaps you shouldn't participate. Have a warning.

Learn proper grammar before insulting others. Lacking it makes you look even more ignorant.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938580)
Posted by william-james88 on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:02am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote: I watched a review of Rodimus Unicronus a day ago, made by user SoundJack426. His was up before this one.

And you chose not to share with the news staff because?
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938583)
Posted by Caelus on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:11am CST
To be fair, I pulled the "Clue" line (i.e., "I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife") in an argument here about 14-15 years ago.

Once.

I was about 19-20 years old, in my first real relationship, and felt that having a wonderful partner somehow validated my character or maturity (or something).

I remember it after all this time because I pretty quickly realized doing it made me look like a putz, and eventually understood it was just wrong to exploit a romantic relationship to support your self-esteem or (worse) make others feel bad for being single.

I say this, because that latter part was an important life lesson that I didn't get from the general mockery of other posters or from a mod warning, but might have understood if someone had explained it outright at the time.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938585)
Posted by mordhelm on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:14am CST
Hey guys, just wanted to say that the images of the Hun-Gurrr box are definitely legit. Mine also has the face removed on several panels on the back of the box (I took pictures in case you find it relevant).

And also confirming that Walmart seems to be the place to try to get the Voyager and Leader class figures, though you need to be a bit lucky, the stores only seem to be placing 1 of each out on shelves.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938587)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:18am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote: I watched a review of Rodimus Unicronus a day ago, made by user SoundJack426. His was up before this one.

And you chose not to share with the news staff because?
Honestly, it didn't occur to me. At the time I watched it, I didn't realize there hadn't been any other reviews. It was the first one I saw, and clicked on it. (I was also pressed for time, so I mostly just skimmed it, and I also didn't look for any others.) Until you posted the one you found, I hadn't thought of there not being a review already in the review forum. I'm sorry if you felt slighted. If knew, I would have sent the link to it.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938589)
Posted by Caelus on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:21am CST
Ugh, I still just don't know how I feel about the wave 2 voyagers. It would be simple if it were a hard pass on either of them, but it's not. The Combiner completionist in me wants Abominus, but at the same time I'm really underwhelmed by Hun-Gurrr, and they've gotten so expensive. And Elita-1 looks surprisingly good as a standalone, but I already got Starscream, and I already have a 3rd party equivalent of Elita-1. On the otherhand, that figure is comparable to a lightweight deluxe, so posing her next to my Masterpiece Optimus Prime looks kind of... perverse.

I guess I'll probably get Hun-Gurrr right away for Abominus, and try to get Elita-1 on discount.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938591)
Posted by william-james88 on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:26am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote: I watched a review of Rodimus Unicronus a day ago, made by user SoundJack426. His was up before this one.

And you chose not to share with the news staff because?
Honestly, it didn't occur to me. At the time I watched it, I didn't realize there hadn't been any other reviews. It was the first one I saw, and clicked on it. (I was also pressed for time, so I mostly just skimmed it, and I also didn't look for any others.) Until you posted the one you found, I hadn't thought of there not being a review already in the review forum. I'm sorry if you felt slighted. If knew, I would have sent the link to it.

To be honest, I felt more slighted by the comment. As news staff, we try really hard to keep up to date and inform the public in every way. So when we get any sort of dry comment that exists only to let us know that we are wrong or could have done something earlier (which is how I interpreted it), it kinda stings.

But since you meant nothing wrong by it, its all good. Just remember (and this goes to everyone) if you find anything you didnt see before, be it a pic, a sighting or a video, let us know. Yes, most of the times it might be old news but it will be worth it for the time it's indeed something new :)
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938593)
Posted by william-james88 on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:34am CST
Caelus wrote:but I already got Starscream, and I already have a 3rd party equivalent of Elita-1. On the otherhand, that figure is comparable to a lightweight deluxe, so posing her next to my Masterpiece Optimus Prime looks kind of... perverse.


Yeah and with this new Elita, she turns out to be a massive voyager, so her next to POTP Leader Optimus would look pretty good.

Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938596)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:46am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote: I watched a review of Rodimus Unicronus a day ago, made by user SoundJack426. His was up before this one.

And you chose not to share with the news staff because?
Honestly, it didn't occur to me. At the time I watched it, I didn't realize there hadn't been any other reviews. It was the first one I saw, and clicked on it. (I was also pressed for time, so I mostly just skimmed it, and I also didn't look for any others.) Until you posted the one you found, I hadn't thought of there not being a review already in the review forum. I'm sorry if you felt slighted. If knew, I would have sent the link to it.

To be honest, I felt more slighted by the comment. As news staff, we try really hard to keep up to date and inform the public in every way. So when we get any sort of dry comment that exists only to let us know that we are wrong or could have done something earlier (which is how I interpreted it), it kinda stings.

But since you meant nothing wrong by it, its all good. Just remember (and this goes to everyone) if you find anything you didnt see before, be it a pic, a sighting or a video, let us know. Yes, most of the times it might be old news but it will be worth it for the time it's indeed something new :)
Well I definitely didn't mean to imply that you don't do a good job. I know all the news crew works hard to keep everyone informed. (No matter what Burn says about you fine folks. ;) ) Thanks for understanding and again I apologize for the hasty comment.

As for Elita-1, now that I got a better look, I'm not sold on her. Maybe it's just my G1-ish mindset, but I think she should have slimmer arms and legs, and no wings. Otherwise, the colors and the head sculpt are great. Maybe if I get her in-hand it will change my mind. That's what happened with Grimlock and Starscream.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938597)
Posted by Caelus on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:49am CST
On the topic of Rodimus Unicronus/Nemesis Rod/Shattered Glass Rodimus/CHUG Titanium Menasor...

I never saw Rodimus Prime in hand, but being happy with Titans Return Hot Rod, would have been happy to pass him over for the repaint, since this is actually something pretty different. Granted, there have been a few black Rodimus figures, now, but none that I've had access to, so I guess it's new-to-me.

Anyway, not having Rodimus Prime, here are my thoughts:

(1) Vanity kneecaps are hilariously appropriate for an evil Hot Rod. Still wish he had the SG Autobot insignia, though. Being as he doesn't, and is supposed to be a mainline character, I find myself wondering: does that mean there's a heroic Rodimus Prime in the Shattered Glass universe? Is there a Zibarro Hot Rod?

(2) I like that the head isn't (as far as I know) just a repaint of RP's head. It has a distinct look, and the facial 'hair' is less reminiscent of Mirrorverse Spock, and more reminiscent of either Transformers: Animated Motormaster, or DCAU Lobo. I definitely hear Brad Garrett's voice in my head when I look at him.

(3) Oddly, his right knee is slightly loose - not floppy, but loose - while his left knee has a great deal of tension on it. If I force it all the way back, which freaks me out, it will stay in position, but any position short of that it kicks forward under its own tension. I assume the plastic most be warped or the pin through the knee is over-tight.

(4) In terms of the evolution gimmick, Hot Rod has the better alternate mode, and Rodimus has the better robot mode. In robot mode, Hot Rod feels kind of lanky and oddly proportioned, while Rodimus is bulky, hefty, and looks good with my other Leader and Masterpiece villains. Rodimus also just has more personality than Hot Rod, somehow. In vehicle mode, I'd be more impressed with Rodimus if (a) his trailer weren't so fiddly to attach, and (b) if his windshield came forward and lifted up a little, to look a bit more like a truck cab, and a bit less like Hot Rod is being swallowed by something.

(5) The transformation is a lot more clever than I expected. I had to check the instructions, partly because some things were tight enough I wasn't sure I was doing things right, but partly because it just didn't work the way I thought it did.

(6) The articulation on his shoulders doesn't really bother me. A change to Hot Rod's knees might have improved it, but probably would have caused problems for Hot Rod. Hot Rod's hands becoming Rodimus's ribs is a bit distracting.

(7) As far as the backpack, I think the weight helps balance him, but I do feel like the backpack could have folded up better. I kind of wish the spoiler could be extended to give him bigger wings in Rodimus mode, but I guess those would have just gotten in the way.

(8) The plain black wheels were a bummer, and I had to fix that with a paint pen sooner after I opened him.

(9) His rifle is cool, but doesn't look right with him. Armada Darksaber looks good with him, but what I think he really needs is a chain and hook. Because, again, Lobo.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938600)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 14th, 2018 @ 8:53am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Damn, that's one large toy. It's so weird that she's taller than my favourite Prime and Grimlock too. But that's toy logic for you, I guess.

I'll likely get her just to have, but I don't think she fits in with my collection.
Re: Video Reviews for Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr (1938614)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 14th, 2018 @ 9:49am CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Damn, that's one large toy. It's so weird that she's taller than my favourite Prime and Grimlock too. But that's toy logic for you, I guess.

I'll likely get her just to have, but I don't think she fits in with my collection.


Optimus Prime and Elita One will have to be displayed far apart from one another on my shelves. I use the Classics Voyager Optimus mold as my definitive Optimus Prime too. I'd be tempted to replace him with the Unite Warriors Optimus Prime, but that head sculpt just doesn't do it for me. Just for fun, though, if anyone with a CW/UW Optimus Prime picks up Elita One in the near future, could you pose them together for a size comparison?
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 55%
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
You save: 47%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
You save: 23%
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 22%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #193 - Eulogy
Twincast / Podcast #193:
"Eulogy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 29th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon