Transformers News: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade

Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 11:54PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,707

We have some sweet MPM 05 Transformers Movie Masterpiece Barricade news to share with you. Bruce Dong, a Transformers fan, has posted a video of him unpacking Masterpiece Barricade as well as transforming him from car to robot and then back to car again. The video is on Facebook but can be viewed below.

Here we learn a few tidbits that were previously unknown. Firstly, unlike with the similarly scaled Human Alliance version, the saw blade is not integrated within the toy. It is a separate piece that must be attached, in a very similar fashion to Masterpiece Hot Rodimus' saw blade weapon. The toy also comes with a clear stand for the weapon. Also, the weapon does not freely spin. It can rotate but only as long as you are pushing it.

The transformation does not seem as complex as MPM Optimus Prime and seems more akin in complexity to the Human Alliance version.

Below you will find screenshots which include him scaled with the other MPM Movie Masterpiece toys, along with the Chinese language video and additional facts, provided by Hasbro, regarding this product.

Features Barricade’s iconic Rotor Blade Wheel weapon from the TRANSFORMERS film
First Movie Masterpiece figure with a Movable Faceplate, allowing fans to play out their favorite scenes from the TRANSFORMERS film
Figure built with Die Cast Parts & features 170 Deco Ops with 30 Points of Articulation!
Vehicle-mode features Barricade’s accurate, licensed vehicle from the TRANSFORMERS film: Saleen S281 Extreme Ford Mustang Police Car
Product was designed with ILM Movie CAD Files from the Blockbuster film TRANSFORMERS
Figure features most film-accurate conversion to-date!
Item is the 1st Movie Masterpiece Decepticon to hit the market in over 8 years!

Transformers News: Re: Images of Instructions for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Confirm a 40 Step Conversi

Credit(s): Bruce Dong
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924733)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 1:06am CST
Damn, as far as I'm concerned they have totally nailed it this time. That is a gorgeous figure and I intend to have that.
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924738)
Posted by fruityrobo on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:18am CST
what I am excited for is when people are going to post stopmotion videos of the first fight with mpm bee and barricade
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924744)
Posted by Va'al on December 3rd, 2017 @ 4:53am CST
In addition to the recently posted video review and screencaps of the latest figure in the Hasbro and Takara Tomy collaboration on the Transformers Movie Masterpiece line, we have some in-hand images of the MPM-5 figure of Barricade, sporting his live-action design from the first appearance in the 2007 Paramount movie!

The images, mirrored below for your viewing convenience, are from regular suspect on weibo NOTRAB, and show off both the car mode (a licensed Saleen S281 Extreme Ford Mustang Police Car) and the robot mode, with a lot of emphasis on the latter. We get to see the face sculpt, and some of the features that Hasbro is highlighting in its marketing such as the Rotor Blade Wheel, the moveable faceplate, and some poseability. Take a look below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924756)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:13am CST
Just gets better looking everytime I see it.
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924765)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:59am CST
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924767)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:Meh. Looks okay but I'm the type of person who doesn't like to half ass lines so if I'm getting one mpm I'd like to get the others to go with it, but bumblebee and Optimus are pretty disappointing so I'll probably skip this line as a whole.

No more disappointing than any other supposed Masterpiece figure (the number of G1 MP figures without at least several flaws is a very tiny one or perhaps no number at all) and they are both amazing display pieces. I dunno if it's just cos I will ALWAYS take the more complex beautifully detailed movie designs over simplified G1 cartoon but this thing is just so damn gorgeous. Probably best damn thing Hastak have sculpted all year. This is why I'm into Transformers, not that horrendously blocky stuff like (TR Sixshot and Overlord come to mind, god i hate those things)
Ok no more. I'm sold. Now I just gotta wait for the release. So I will avoid any further pics best I can. I next want to see it on my shelf. :)
peace out. :D
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924773)
Posted by UberSmaug on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:30am CST

I agree on the fact that it is disappointing how lame the rest of my movie collection looks next to those two.
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924776)
Posted by steals_your_goats on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:52am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

peace out. :D

I find the longer I'm in this hobby the less I enjoy the movie designs. To me, they're not "beautifully detailed" they're jumbled eye sores with barely any defining features. Say what you will about the G1 designs but at least they're clean and memorable. I feel that the bayformer designs try way too hard to be "edgy and cool" and often miss the mark on both.
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924783)
Posted by Asepticon on December 3rd, 2017 @ 11:23am CST
"Are you Ladiesman217"?
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924785)
Posted by MagicDeath on December 3rd, 2017 @ 11:27am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

peace out. :D

That's why I like Prime art (It's in-between). Make a Masterpiece of one of those and I'm sold.
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924807)
Posted by transformers_va on December 3rd, 2017 @ 1:53pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:To me, they're not "beautifully detailed" they're jumbled eye sores..

IMO, that has more to do with them being Bayformers rather than being Transformers. Ever since the first Bay film, I have been under the impression that the people responsible for these designs weren't even familiar with the franchise to start of with. Look at Starscream and Megatron.. these were ABSOLUTELY terrible designs! I think the toymakers have done a fairly decent job creating toys from pathetic movie character designs (although MPM-4 was disappointing due to the trickiness of lining everything up), but again that's just my opinion.

What Hollywood should really do is fire Bay, and get those who were involved with the 1986 animated movie to create a "real" Transformers film.
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924811)
Posted by dragons on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:04pm CST
I may buy this figure an official looking figure of this character but he have to much grey on face not enough black I have to laugh I see articulation on transformers toy reviews all transformers toys look different but they all move Same in toy theme class same as watching gijoe reviews on characters all gijoe characters look different but they all move same in artucliation same can be said with transformers you know what to expect in articulation before it gets to bot mode
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924812)
Posted by Emerje on December 3rd, 2017 @ 2:24pm CST
How do so many people have finished boxed copies of these in hand already when Japan hasn't even opened pre-orders yet? We should be months away from release, right? Seems awfully early for people to be sneaking completed figures out of the factory.

Emerje
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924824)
Posted by President-prime on December 3rd, 2017 @ 3:24pm CST
This toy is a mess. I’m not gonna pick this up. Face sculpt looks nothing like a transformer. Salem is lacking glossy paint job. The human alliance barricade looks even better than this. My worst gripe. Say what you will but without rubber tires, can’t call this toy a masterpiece. May have second thoughts if see it in stores when in person. It’ll be the first masterpiece I️ won’t consider buying
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924836)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 3rd, 2017 @ 4:00pm CST
transformers_va wrote:

Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924884)
Posted by Randomhero on December 3rd, 2017 @ 9:30pm CST
transformers_va wrote:

Also one of the animators and designers for the first movie was in special features and his office and desk was so cluttered with transformers it’s amazing he ever got anything done. So yeah the guys behind the animation and stuff were hardcore fans. It was those animators that homaged kup transforming and jumping on blitzwing and knocking his turret and did that in the movie with jazz and brawl in the city fight. That wasn’t in the script, they added that because nerds,

After 10 years of the live action movies it’s always nice when a fan with the ‘ruined forever’ mentality pops up.
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924888)
Posted by Emerje on December 3rd, 2017 @ 10:14pm CST

The "it sucks because it should have been G1" argument lost steam by the second movie when it officially became a franchise and doubly so by the fourth movie when characters became even more solidly designed killing the "Bionicle" argument.

Emerje
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924910)
Posted by transformers_va on December 4th, 2017 @ 1:09am CST
Randomhero wrote:Here’s an image of the original design Galvatron from the guy who designed your “Real transformers”

Comparing a work-in-progress Galvatron to a final design Bayformer is like comparing apples to oranges.. but even so, imo that Galvatron is far more pleasing than Megatron or Starscream.
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924951)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 4th, 2017 @ 10:22am CST
Emerje wrote:Indeed. I didn't like the movie designs at first, but after going onto six films it has really become its own thing. I've gone from only buying occasional characters that catch my eye, usually characters that weren't even in the movies, to trying to get the best version possible of each figure from the movies.

Emerje

Hck, that argument lost steam with Beast Wars! It's ridiculous to say the least. Not real Transformers my sine function!
Re: Video Showing Transformation for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM 05 Barricade (1924974)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on December 4th, 2017 @ 12:26pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

peace out. :D

It's kind of like, it's hard to really tell so many of them apart when you get right down to it. At least for me it is. They just look messy.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Prime ARCEE First 1st Edition 2 in 1 Vehicle to Robot 2011 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Brand new and sealed Hasbro Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers prime first edition arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Autobot Sergeant Kup MOSC New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Starscream MOSC New Sealed Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Robots in Disguise Deluxe Knock Out Knockout Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Jazz Kre-o Mini Series 1 2013 Figure Transformers Micro Changer Kreon" on EBAY