Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime

Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 10:37am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,658

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It is very easy for westerners to forget or ignore but one of the biggest changes brought to the 10th Anniversary Movie The Best MB 11 Pptimus Prime are the electronics. You remember your ROTF leader simply saying his name over and over? Well takara went all out on this ultimate rendition of the mold.

Watch the video below to see the plethora of phrases Optimus says. These are all recorded by the legendary Tessho Genda, who is the voice of Optimus Prime/Convoy in both the G1 cartoon and in the Live Action films (just like Peter Cullen). Tessho Genda is easily the most prolific and legendary voice actor attached to American properties in Japan since not only is he the voice of Optimus Prime but also the voice of Batman (he is the Japanese counterpart to Kevin Conroy) and God of War's Kratos.

For those unaware, this is also the very first Takara release to have articulated hands and the knuckle accessory, along with the retooled abdominal area, swords, hooks and gun made from gaz tanks of the later versions.






Transformers News: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime

Credit(s): Taifeng Lin on facebook


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1869990)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2017 @ 10:51am CDT
Man, that is a LOT of phrases! :APPLAUSE:

william-james88 wrote:Tessho Genda is easily the most prolific and legendary voice actor attached to American properties in Japan since not only is he the voice of Optimus Prime but also the voice of Batman (he is the Japanese counterpart to Kevin Conroy) and God of War's Kratos.
And he's the voices of Tigger, Foghorn Leghorn, Mace Windu, and the official Japanese dub voice actor for Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Dan Aykroyd, and Steven Seagal.
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1869998)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 11:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Man, that is a LOT of phrases! :APPLAUSE:

william-james88 wrote:Tessho Genda is easily the most prolific and legendary voice actor attached to American properties in Japan since not only is he the voice of Optimus Prime but also the voice of Batman (he is the Japanese counterpart to Kevin Conroy) and God of War's Kratos.
And he's the voices of Tigger, Foghorn Leghorn, Mace Windu, and the official Japanese dub voice actor for Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Dan Aykroyd, and Steven Seagal.

I was focusing on characters and while I was about to write Tigger I saw that he isnt the most well known Tigger, just the current one. Just like Peter Cullen isnt really known for Eyore, his voice isnt the most iconic for that character nor is it even the current one.
Kinda like how Joe Alaskey is "known" for Bugs Bunny but thats by far not the iconic voice actor for Bugs.
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1869999)
Posted by Overcracker on March 28th, 2017 @ 11:10am CDT
According to DHL, my MB-11 should be here today. Cannot wait to get it, and crack him open just to have him scream japanese things at me. :lol:
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870000)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 11:10am CDT
Overcracker wrote:According to DHL, my MB-11 should be here today. Cannot wait to get it, and crack him open just to have him scream japanese things at me. :lol:

TRANSUFORM!
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870019)
Posted by Overcracker on March 28th, 2017 @ 12:21pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:According to DHL, my MB-11 should be here today. Cannot wait to get it, and crack him open just to have him scream japanese things at me. :lol:

TRANSUFORM!


Yup!. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870021)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 28th, 2017 @ 12:28pm CDT
Love the figure but just sounds too weird for me hearing some japanese voice coming out of Optimus Prime. Would love for a western version to include the same amount of phrases but with Cullen.
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870023)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 12:58pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Love the figure but just sounds too weird for me hearing some japanese voice coming out of Optimus Prime. Would love for a western version to include the same amount of phrases but with Cullen.

That would have been heavenly!
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870059)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2017 @ 4:03pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Man, that is a LOT of phrases! :APPLAUSE:

william-james88 wrote:Tessho Genda is easily the most prolific and legendary voice actor attached to American properties in Japan since not only is he the voice of Optimus Prime but also the voice of Batman (he is the Japanese counterpart to Kevin Conroy) and God of War's Kratos.
And he's the voices of Tigger, Foghorn Leghorn, Mace Windu, and the official Japanese dub voice actor for Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Dan Aykroyd, and Steven Seagal.

I was focusing on characters and while I was about to write Tigger I saw that he isnt the most well known Tigger, just the current one. Just like Peter Cullen isnt really known for Eyore, his voice isnt the most iconic for that character nor is it even the current one.
Kinda like how Joe Alaskey is "known" for Bugs Bunny but thats by far not the iconic voice actor for Bugs.
Still an awesome career, regardless, which was more my point. ;)^
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870061)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 4:05pm CDT
Hell yeah!
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870086)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 28th, 2017 @ 6:47pm CDT
I might look into modifying the soundbox and use Cullen's voice clips from the Voice Changer helmets or the Power Bot figures Hasbro used to make.
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870089)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 28th, 2017 @ 7:09pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:I might look into modifying the soundbox and use Cullen's voice clips from the Voice Changer helmets or the Power Bot figures Hasbro used to make.


Woah. If you can really do that, please make a tutorial video on how to do it and show us the results! :shock:
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870100)
Posted by Rellko on March 28th, 2017 @ 7:58pm CDT
He just keeps going... and going... his voicebox must really hurt...

Oh, look, he stopped- wait, false alarm, he's still going...
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870127)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 28th, 2017 @ 10:21pm CDT
Not to rain down on the whole MB-11 10th Anniversary Optimus Prime parade, but here's a word of warning. Alfes2010 has reviewed the figure and warns that the mold deterioration first seen with the Hasbro Asia Ultimate Edition has worsened. Several parts have become unnecessarily tight, with the Buster gas tanks as the prime example.
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870129)
Posted by Drift082111 on March 28th, 2017 @ 10:41pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Not to rain down on the whole MB-11 10th Anniversary Optimus Prime parade, but here's a word of warning. Alfes2010 has reviewed the figure and warns that the mold deterioration first seen with the Hasbro Asia Ultimate Edition has worsened. Several parts have become unnecessarily tight, with the Buster gas tanks as the prime example.


I like that you said "prime" example. :-D
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870130)
Posted by william-james88 on March 28th, 2017 @ 10:54pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Not to rain down on the whole MB-11 10th Anniversary Optimus Prime parade, but here's a word of warning. Alfes2010 has reviewed the figure and warns that the mold deterioration first seen with the Hasbro Asia Ultimate Edition has worsened. Several parts have become unnecessarily tight, with the Buster gas tanks as the prime example.

I saw that, but aside from the gas tanks having a gap, the other parts are really not obvious unless you know. Like the back and the covers on top of the windshield.
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870151)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 29th, 2017 @ 3:47am CDT
Is tight better than loose though? I mean in action figure articulation terms obviously (dirty minds) I think I'd rather have one that stands up fine rather than one that flops around the place. Ok that still sounds bad but you know what I mean.

What are the actual problems with the mold degradation here? Is it likely to break if you try to force the affected pieces apart?
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870308)
Posted by Overcracker on March 29th, 2017 @ 2:56pm CDT
Optimusu Primu is finally here. After having to deal with DHL and $20 worth of import and processing fees which AmiAmi did not disclose.

Its quite a large box.

Having never owned this mold before, I really did not think he was as big as he is.

Gonna have to wait till later this afternoon to crack this baby open.

So far I'm impressed.
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870312)
Posted by william-james88 on March 29th, 2017 @ 3:04pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Optimusu Primu is finally here. After having to deal with DHL and $20 worth of import and processing fees which AmiAmi did not disclose.

Its quite a large box.

Having never owning this mold before, I really did not think he was as big as he is.

Gonna have to wait till later this afternoon to crack this baby open.

So far I'm impressed.

Yeah man, this is how leaders used to be back in the golden age that was ROTF.

The duties and processing is really odd, I thought the US had 0 import fees. I am in Canada and its the norm and Amiami isnt responsible since those fees are with your government and not them. Unless the money was to go to Amiami, in any case let me know cause this sounds odd.
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870314)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 29th, 2017 @ 3:11pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Is tight better than loose though? I mean in action figure articulation terms obviously (dirty minds) I think I'd rather have one that stands up fine rather than one that flops around the place. Ok that still sounds bad but you know what I mean.

What are the actual problems with the mold degradation here? Is it likely to break if you try to force the affected pieces apart?


This is where the saying "Too much of a good thing is bad" rings true. I added "unnecessarily" to "tight", because they could potentially be so tight they can't budge. That runs the risk of using too much force to move it, resulting in breakage.
Re: Videos Featuring the New Electronics for Takara Movie The Best MB 11 Optimus Prime (1870321)
Posted by Overcracker on March 29th, 2017 @ 3:33pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Optimusu Primu is finally here. After having to deal with DHL and $20 worth of import and processing fees which AmiAmi did not disclose.

It's quite a large box.

Having never owning this mold before, I really did not think he was as big as he is.

Gonna have to wait till later this afternoon to crack this baby open.

So far I'm impressed.

Yeah man, this is how leaders used to be back in the golden age that was ROTF.

The duties and processing is really odd, I thought the US had 0 import fees. I am in Canada and its the norm and Amiami isnt responsible since those fees are with your government and not them. Unless the money was to go to Amiami, in any case let me know cause this sounds odd.


It appears to be more an issue with DHL than AmiAmi. For whatever reason, the DHL invoice reads:

Payment for import and processing on behalf of recipient.

It is very strange. I have contacted DHL, and I'm waiting for a response.

The shipping price through DHL was around 2000 Yen less than through EMS. All my previous orders from AmiAmi had been shipped through EMS and there had been no extra import fees beyond the price quoted by AmiAmi. This time I had a choice, and picked DHL. Seems like that was a bad idea.

If I get any insight from DHL, I'll post back.

There's also an interesting bit on the invoice, where the Country of Manufacture which reads Japan, was crossed out, and replaced with a CHN in pencil. Implying China. Maybe that was an issue.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
Twincast / Podcast #256:
"Netflix and Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime & Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Pime Talking BUMBLEBEE Beast Hunters LOOSE Action Figure HTF 2013" on EBAY
Buy "WB Hasbro Collectibles - Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Lot of 7 DINOBOT HOT SHOT CHEETOR RATCHET Complete! + MORE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties "Hot Shot"  Action Figure" on EBAY