Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged

Transformers News: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged

Sunday, February 22nd, 2009 7:48PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Rumors, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 30,461

On the forum of TDRS Music the following statement was made. Composer, Vince DiCola, best known for scoring the 1986 Transformers: The movie animated feature, has submitted a new track for consideration to be used for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Whether or not the track will be used is still unknown at this time. But the track entitled 'Bound and Gagged', which features the vocals of Rick Livingstone, is free to be downloaded now. The following has been directly taken from the post on the TDRS Music forum.

"Vince has a song being considered for the new Transformers movie due this summer. The final songs have not been chosen yet. For Vince's fans and Transformer fans, I wanted to post the whole song as a free download and encourage those that visit Transformers forums and blogs to post the link to the song. We would like to spread the word that Transformers fans would like to have Vince's contribution to the new franchise.

Bound and Gagged, Vince DiCola featuring Rick Livingstone.

".
Credit(s): www.tdrsmusic.com, AutobotJazz4

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888570)
Posted by Archanubis on February 22nd, 2009 @ 7:54pm CST
Doesn't fit with what was released last year; not sure if its what the production crew has in mind for this entry, either.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888573)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on February 22nd, 2009 @ 8:05pm CST
wow... that is seriously one of the most misleading headlines i've ever read.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888578)
Posted by mattyc1007 on February 22nd, 2009 @ 8:12pm CST
some one, one day is gonna die on the transformers screne, mark my words a human will die! robots live!
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888587)
Posted by St. Even on February 22nd, 2009 @ 8:22pm CST
I do not understand the last two posts, but the song is good for a listen, or two. I like the piano--reminds me of the Linkn Park credit-tune from the first movie. However, I was not awe inspired by the track. I will keep the song in my i-tunes, but I doubt it will leave a lasting impression on me.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888591)
Posted by Omega Charge on February 22nd, 2009 @ 8:33pm CST
Wtf... oh.

Nemesis_Apoc wrote:wow... that is seriously one of the most misleading headlines i've ever read.

This. :lol:
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888594)
Posted by Raymond T. on February 22nd, 2009 @ 8:39pm CST
[color=blue]It got you to read the article, didn't it? :P
And you can't say the header isn't right on the money. ;) [/color]
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888608)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on February 22nd, 2009 @ 9:02pm CST
It sounds more like a song that would be in one of the new James Bond movies than a Transformers movie.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888612)
Posted by SilverPhantom on February 22nd, 2009 @ 9:27pm CST
I'm liking the beats. Takes a moment or two to get use to, but very sweet.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888639)
Posted by jonusjaxon on February 22nd, 2009 @ 11:18pm CST
I can see Megatron breaking into song. It has a very TRANSFORMERS: THE MUSICAL feel to it.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888651)
Posted by It Is Him on February 23rd, 2009 @ 12:05am CST
The score is great. The singing (lyrics) I can live without.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888667)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on February 23rd, 2009 @ 1:29am CST
I'd seriously love to hear a pure instrumental version of this. Can't say I care much for the vocals...
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888682)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 23rd, 2009 @ 3:49am CST
Now this music sounds like it would be awesome in the next Batman movie
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888704)
Posted by Riotflea on February 23rd, 2009 @ 5:47am CST
It's not "bad", but it's hurt by being too "wordy".
Like, some of the sentences need to be shortened and not as spelled out completely.

Lots of substitutions of phrases for all-encompassing words are in order.

Still decent, though not quite what I think of when I think of Vince.

There's a song from the 90's that sounds a LOT like this... for the life of me I can't remember the band or the song title... but I know one of the lines was, "I feel so alone".
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888753)
Posted by typh0id on February 23rd, 2009 @ 9:10am CST
Riotflea wrote:It's not "bad", but it's hurt by being too "wordy".

Lots of substitutions of phrases for all-encompassing words are in order.

Yeah I agree with you...I like the song alright but it's a bit "literal" for my tastes...
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888794)
Posted by RodimalToyota on February 23rd, 2009 @ 10:31am CST
I like the original movie Soundtrack from the 80's, But its not the 80's anymore. The minute these guys ( Vince and Stan ) realize the 80's Hairband music is not in style anymore. The Faster they would have the chance to get music Gigs.

It's not bad, but for a new Song for a Cutting edge movie it sounds horribly cheesy, and I hope it does not get picked.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888798)
Posted by Rodimus Piper on February 23rd, 2009 @ 10:38am CST
That song was brutal, it was no "Dare" by any means - sounds more like someone is attempting to prevent a foreclosure on his palm beach estate.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888805)
Posted by Cheetron on February 23rd, 2009 @ 10:44am CST
Nice song. I just hope they don't do to Dicola what they did to Black Lab on the last soundtrack. They had the better version of the Transformers theme but they put Mute Math on the soundtrack with a cruddy version. Dicola's song should be on it.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888845)
Posted by capellamusic on February 23rd, 2009 @ 12:31pm CST
I like it, I hope it makes to the movie :)
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888912)
Posted by JazZeke on February 23rd, 2009 @ 3:43pm CST
Damn, that was annoying.
Re: Vince DiCola Bound and Gagged (888976)
Posted by oldskooltf on February 23rd, 2009 @ 5:09pm CST
LOL about the brief discussion on this thread about the title being misleading and such. I totally was like "what happened to DiCola?" Then I read the article and was like "oh... that's what it meant." Ha ha. :D

The song is... passable but I really hope it doesn't end up being a major theme song for the movie or the one we hear at the end when the credits start to role out. Maybe put it at the end of the credits so DiCola still gets a nod for those who care.
Transformers products from AMAZON