Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues

Transformers News: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues

Friday, July 27th, 2018 10:09am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 13,754

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Transformers G1 Minibots are being reissued and while they have been available online, they have also been found in stores at Canadian Walmarts.

There are a few easter eggs (or interesting tidbits if you preffer) found behind the cards. Firstly, we see the Volkswagen logo behind Bumblebee's card, making it an officially licensed Volkswagen product. This is the first time we have ever seen this for the G1 Bumblebee toy and it is most probably due to Volkswagen's partnership this year with Paramount and Hasbro for all things Bumblebee.

Also, behind Outback's card, the instructions have Brawn instead of Outback, which we can tell from the robot face. This was also the case in the G1 instructions and it is funny that Hasbro chose to stay oldschool and include these erronious instructions rather than fix them. It adds to the nostalgia which is the whole point of these releases.


Transformers News: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues

Transformers News: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues

Transformers News: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues

Transformers News: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues

This article was last modified on Friday, July 27th, 2018 2:18pm CDT


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974527)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 27th, 2018 @ 10:20am CDT
Did that G1 Bee reissue need the VW logo considering it's a cutesy rendition of a VW rather than accurate proportions? Is it just added there because Hasbro do have the rights to it now?
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974530)
Posted by william-james88 on July 27th, 2018 @ 10:21am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Did that G1 Bee reissue need the VW logo considering it's a cutesy rendition of a VW rather than accurate proportions? Is it just added there because Hasbro do have the rights to it now?

I guess its the same as all TLK BB and Optimus toys being officially licensed Western Star and Camaro products.
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974534)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 27th, 2018 @ 10:23am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I guess its the same as all TLK BB and Optimus toys being officially licensed Western Star and Camaro products.


Yeah i mean could hasbro have reissued this toy whether they had the VW rights or not, and just added it there out of courtesy because of the masterpiece and movie VW toys?
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974537)
Posted by william-james88 on July 27th, 2018 @ 10:25am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I guess its the same as all TLK BB and Optimus toys being officially licensed Western Star and Camaro products.


Yeah i mean could hasbro have reissued this toy whether they had the VW rights or not, and just added it there out of courtesy because of the masterpiece and movie VW toys?

As I wrote in the news, its to celebrate the partnership between them and the company now that they are fully attached to all things BB this year.
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974600)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on July 27th, 2018 @ 1:56pm CDT
G1 Outback's instructions always had the Brawn face.

http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage ... ageID=1777
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974606)
Posted by Va'al on July 27th, 2018 @ 2:14pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I guess its the same as all TLK BB and Optimus toys being officially licensed Western Star and Camaro products.


Yeah i mean could hasbro have reissued this toy whether they had the VW rights or not, and just added it there out of courtesy because of the masterpiece and movie VW toys?

As I wrote in the news, its to celebrate the partnership between them and the company now that they are fully attached to all things BB this year.


Additional point: this year is the year we're getting all the G1 (1980s) reissues because... that's when the Bumblebee movie is set. So everything can tie in to Total Brand Awareness.

(Ryan made this point on the podcast too, I believe, but I first heard him say it as it hit his mind at the convention.)
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974662)
Posted by Seibertron on July 27th, 2018 @ 8:17pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I guess its the same as all TLK BB and Optimus toys being officially licensed Western Star and Camaro products.


Yeah i mean could hasbro have reissued this toy whether they had the VW rights or not, and just added it there out of courtesy because of the masterpiece and movie VW toys?


;) :APPLAUSE:
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974693)
Posted by nycPrime on July 27th, 2018 @ 11:06pm CDT
Submitted this as news, but I noticed TFW all over this already and it might be gone by the time it gets posted. Hot Rod is available for PO:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... ected=true

All I need is Bee and Devy and I'm set... please go back in stock!
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974695)
Posted by Seibertron on July 27th, 2018 @ 11:17pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:The new ones look tampo’d on. Which is fine by me, always thought the eye stickers looked weird.


Plus those blasted things are just IMPOSSIBLE to apply. I tried on my Encore starscream and my Platinum coneheads trio. Failed each times and it's the only sticker that never want to stick on.


The trick is to use a pair of pointed/angular tweezers and to work around the nose first, pressing the sticker up against the upper nose and then working your way out to the sides of the eyes. Works like a charm every time!
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974710)
Posted by Qwan on July 28th, 2018 @ 1:54am CDT
A week after they all sold out the first time around, at least one of the Walmart-exclusive G1 reissue figures is back up for order on their website!

Hot Rod is available on the Walmart online store for pre-order (again) at $29.84 US. He's eligible for free shipping if the listing is to be believed, and is expected to ship out in late August, around the 20th-to-21st mark.

Let us know if you plan on picking this toy up, by posting about it in the Energon Pub Forums! Don't forget to let your fellow Seibertronians know if you notice any of the other reissue figures coming into stock during your browsing, too. And as always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for always more Transformers news!

Image
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974716)
Posted by steve2275 on July 28th, 2018 @ 2:27am CDT
hot rod is a hot buy
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974754)
Posted by Tommy T. on July 28th, 2018 @ 9:20am CDT
I would like to see the rainmakers done myself
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974770)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on July 28th, 2018 @ 10:20am CDT
Yeah signed up TWICE for notifications and nada. Aaaaaaaaand sold out-again. Ha Haaaa!!! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974774)
Posted by nycPrime on July 28th, 2018 @ 10:33am CDT
Alpha Dominus wrote:Yeah signed up TWICE for notifications and nada. Aaaaaaaaand sold out-again. Ha Haaaa!!! :BANG_HEAD:

Their notifications are crap. I use nowinstock and that's how I found out.
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974777)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on July 28th, 2018 @ 10:40am CDT
nycPrime wrote:
Alpha Dominus wrote:Yeah signed up TWICE for notifications and nada. Aaaaaaaaand sold out-again. Ha Haaaa!!! :BANG_HEAD:

Their notifications are crap. I use nowinstock and that's how I found out.

On it. Thanks for the heads up!
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974779)
Posted by shajaki on July 28th, 2018 @ 10:48am CDT
Starscream found on Canadian store shelves. The Shelbyville to my Springfield, Calgary:

Image
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1974787)
Posted by william-james88 on July 28th, 2018 @ 11:11am CDT
shajaki wrote:Starscream found on Canadian store shelves. The Shelbyville to my Springfield, Calgary:

Image

Is this your sightings?
What store?
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1975197)
Posted by nycPrime on July 29th, 2018 @ 8:24pm CDT
This isn't too helpful, but I randomly checked the Walmart app while I was out earlier. I was hoping Devy was in stock, but no luck. I did notice Swerve was in stock and grabbed the last one. The online inventory for these figures is confusing as heck.
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1975205)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 29th, 2018 @ 8:35pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:The new ones look tampo’d on. Which is fine by me, always thought the eye stickers looked weird.


Plus those blasted things are just IMPOSSIBLE to apply. I tried on my Encore starscream and my Platinum coneheads trio. Failed each times and it's the only sticker that never want to stick on.


The trick is to use a pair of pointed/angular tweezers and to work around the nose first, pressing the sticker up against the upper nose and then working your way out to the sides of the eyes. Works like a charm every time!


On the previous releases maybe but the Platinum Seeker set's label sheet's adhesion were next to useless. :(
Re: Volkswagen Logo and G1 Brawn Appearance Behind the Transformers G1 Minibot Reissues (1975222)
Posted by shajaki on July 29th, 2018 @ 10:04pm CDT
Sorry Will, not my sighting. This however is: Emerald Hills Wal-Mart in Sherwood Park.

Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
Twincast / Podcast #238:
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Siege Battle Masters RUNG SINGE PTERAXADON CALIBURST" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Arcee First Edition! Factory Sealed! See Pictures!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime FOC Generations MISP Hasbro 2011 6" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy AM-24 Arms Micron Voyager Silas Breakdown US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Starscream. Complete 1st Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Optimus Prime & Entertainment Pack Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead. Complete 1st Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee. Complete 1st Edition" on EBAY