Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist

Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008 3:56pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 24,852

IDW Publishing have posted all their entries in their "Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist" Competition, and are asking you to vote for your favourites.

There are alot of different threads for the first round of voting, with each Character based Spotlight getting it's own voting thread:

Spotlight: Sureshot
Spotlight: Getaway
Spotlight: Scourge
Spotlight: Doublecross
Spotlight: Bombshell
Spotlight: Perceptor
Spotlight: Squeezeplay

So get your votes in to make sure your favourite gets through to the next round!

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612391)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 23rd, 2008 @ 3:58pm CST
See my sig and click it, that will give you the idea who you should vote! :P
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612424)
Posted by Blitzwing the warrior on January 23rd, 2008 @ 4:25pm CST
I would have entered if I wouldnt have to do a cover on a Transformer that nobody cares about
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612427)
Posted by qwailo on January 23rd, 2008 @ 4:28pm CST
Vote for Doublecross #905 by Tim Pugh! Its the Law...........................please please please, i need the votes or i'll die!
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612483)
Posted by Sonray on January 23rd, 2008 @ 5:39pm CST
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612520)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on January 23rd, 2008 @ 6:11pm CST
Spotlight Gnaw?
Who would want to read that?
Unless it has somethin about how the Quints enslaved the Sharkticons.......Maybe I do want to read it!

But i just noticed something.
On the current winner for cover entry on Spotlight Cosmos I noticed that Cos is standing by one of the characters from Infiltration.Will SP Cosmos tie in with the current Devastation Comic series like some other Spotlights do?
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612542)
Posted by qwailo on January 23rd, 2008 @ 6:26pm CST
Satan's Camaro wrote:Spotlight Gnaw?
Who would want to read that?

But i just noticed something.

Well these are fake spotlights, not ever going to be released (or maybe some will one day) and the brief said that the characters can be from G1, WW or the IDW universe so i guess we can let that Cosmos entry off. Personally i voted for a different Cosmos entry.
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612567)
Posted by Jeysie on January 23rd, 2008 @ 6:56pm CST
Sonray wrote:What the effing Deuce is with that site?! Its slower then Siebertron was just after the switch over! I cant see any of the drawings because of the speed.

The effing Deuce is that there currently is a *lot* of people trying to view a lot of threads heavy with mostly locally-hosted images. I'm not surprised at all that the server is chugging. May have to wait until the initial rush dies down.
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612684)
Posted by NightFall on January 23rd, 2008 @ 7:59pm CST
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612761)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on January 23rd, 2008 @ 9:19pm CST
Anyone else having inane troubles registering for the IDW forum?
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612790)
Posted by Jeysie on January 23rd, 2008 @ 9:59pm CST

Pretty silly setup to me; I would think it'd be less time-consuming to delete the few spammers that bother registering than it would be to process all those registrations all the time. But, eh.
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612908)
Posted by Mechabreaker on January 24th, 2008 @ 1:38am CST
Well,I haven't registered for the IDW forums, but I took a look at Bombshell and Air Raid, and well I have to say that the artwork looks amazing!
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (612915)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on January 24th, 2008 @ 2:15am CST
Jeysie wrote:The IDW forums are set up that the administrator has to hand-approve every registration, and there's so many new people trying to register that there's a long backlog.

Well, that does seem rather retarded...
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (613035)
Posted by Dark Monkelus on January 24th, 2008 @ 7:34am CST
I hear now they're only letting people register who agree to vote for Sureshot #2202. It's some kind of Australian by law or something.

The fact it's my piece of art is purely coincidental...

Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (613056)
Posted by metalformer on January 24th, 2008 @ 8:12am CST
Hi:
Nice thread! Good to see lesser known characters been give the Spotlight and not just the popular ones. My love for Transformers goes beyond the "core characters".

Since I have to register to the forum to vote (and I am lazy and has no time) I will "cast my vote" here (for whatever it is worth).

>> Spotlight: Divebomb
>> Spotlight: Onslaught

These are the two Spotlights I am more eager to see and as of the covers my votes goes for:

Spotlight: Divebomb - #801 JOANA LAFUENTE OLIVEIRA AMARAL
Spotlight: Onslaught - #1504 NATHAN DAVIS

Good luck to everyone who submitted an entry!
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (613277)
Posted by BLIX007 on January 24th, 2008 @ 12:37pm CST
NightFall wrote:Well If I knew better, I think I would have done it better. I did Bombshell. (Ana Del Campo) I got no votes :(. Oh well, at least I try my best.

I feel your pain. I did Dragstrip (Cameron Brown) but only got 2 votes. But like you said at least we tried our best, and at least we met the deadline :)
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (613298)
Posted by Dark Monkelus on January 24th, 2008 @ 1:04pm CST
BLIX007 wrote:

I did Sureshot and got 3, but we still got over a week to go people, there might be a late rush. Don't give up hope yet:)
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (613382)
Posted by NightFall on January 24th, 2008 @ 2:47pm CST
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (613498)
Posted by First Gen on January 24th, 2008 @ 5:06pm CST
Vote FIRST GEN aka Steven Serrano for WEIRDWOLF.

I had a pencil, pen, sheet of paper and a scanner to work with, so bear with me.

My drawing is no where near the best but I believe I caught the essence of the Spotlight cover, which some of the much better drawings seem to be lacking.
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (613508)
Posted by Jeysie on January 24th, 2008 @ 5:18pm CST
NightFall wrote:Well, I wish mines wasn't so horrid. At least you all have some votes, I'm wishing for a vote. :( I so wanted to go to round two. And for some reason I can never log in that site. I'm pretty sad about that :( , I always wanted to do their site monthly art contest as a member. Oh well, if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

You should drop either Richter or the board admin an e-mail; I know I had to do that before mine finally got put through and working.
Re: Vote now for your Favourite Fan Cover Artist (613970)
Posted by Neko on January 25th, 2008 @ 8:18am CST
It's too bad this contest is making some people feel bad because they're getting little if no votes or feedback. An unfortunate downside. Nevertheless, I've been seeing some spectaular pieces out there. Woot.

I'm in the Spotlight Getaway camp, ##1106 Lindsay Smith. And when I first saw the polls, I had 2 votes and thought "Aw man...". I was pretty disapointed. Then people started giving me feedback and said they liked my stlye, that it stood out, etc and everything and then I felt great. I may not win, never expected I would though I wished I would get past the first round, but it's nice to know that some people were enjoying my work.

All I can say to people who are feeling bad about how their piece is doing, is to just have fun with it. Don't feel bad. You did your best, and that's all you can expect from yourself. It was fun to enter, the anticipation of the polls going up was huge, and everyone was excited as hell to see the entries. It's all in good fun, so let's just roll with it.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Chomp & Chase Raceway w/ Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fallen Leader Optimus Prime Monochrome Reaction Figure Super7 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-Inch Figure, Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Revenge Of The Fallen 2009 HASBRO MASK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Allspark Tech Autobot Sqweeks Cube Power Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collector's Club 2010 Membership Autobot Dion Action Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Child's Costume with jumpsuit and mask " on EBAY