Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series

Transformers News: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series

Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019 2:50PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 34,548

Greetings Seibertronians! Following a tip off from fellow Seibertron user, Omegatron we've learned if a possible Studio Series release of Sentinel Prime. The information came to light following a post made by Loopaza Mega Store's Facebook account. It lists the Japanese Studio Series releases for February to May next year, and while many of these have been spoiled, it does provide one we haven't heard of. Till now.

That one is Sentinel Prime.

He is apparently voyager sized as going by his price in yen which matches Scrapper and Movie 1 Megatron. Of course there's no images at the moment but with a lot of conventions coming up, it's just a matter of time.

What do you think of this news? Are you excited to recreate the three way fight at the end of the movie? Are you still bitter about Ironhide's death? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): Omegatron from Seibertron, Loopaza Mega Store's Facebook page
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042788)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 23rd, 2019 @ 3:51pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Are you excited to recreate the three way fight at the end of the movie? Are you still bitter about Ironhide's death?

Yes to both!

Sentinel was really the last character from my main Studio Series wish list that was missing, so I’m super glad it’s finally happening! (Not that there still aren’t SS figures I’m hoping for, there definitely are). It’s crazy how most of the figures I was wanting are all happening in a pretty short time: new Camaro Bumblebee, Shockwave, Soundwave, and Sentinel. Sentinel will be kept far away from my SS Ironhide, though.

I’m glad they went with a voyager, he was barely taller than Optimus in the movie so this size class should work for him.

So, with all that said;

“Get down here, Sentinel!”
E2EA5499-86F9-4A8C-9896-2B53BB915B98.jpeg

Man, the articulation on SS Prime is amazing
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042789)
Posted by Zeedust on October 23rd, 2019 @ 4:17pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Zeedust wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:You're supposed to use the stand to reinforce his foot and the shield just stays on the arm as part of the finger

According to the instructions, neither of those things is true. In fact, the way the instructions say to make the foot actively prevents putting the stand back in. (You can make it work, but you have to rearrange a bunch of stuff.)

Also, does anyone else's Rampage have a loose right shoulder joint? I'll live with it since I'm not really likely to pose him much anyway (particularly due to the lack of elbows), but it's kind of annoying.

I've done it multiple times, never had a problem with it, but whatever

Okay, so maybe "actively prevents" was an exaggeration and I was just annoyed, but you do have to fiddle with things and move them out of the places the instructions say to put them.

...And as for leaving the shield on the finger... Am I seriously wrong for wanting something better?

ZeroWolf wrote:It lists the Japanese Studio Series releases for February to May next year, and while many of these have been spoiled, it does provide one we haven't heard of. Till now.

That one is Sentinel Prime.

Wow. About time!
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042790)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 23rd, 2019 @ 4:24pm CDT
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042793)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 23rd, 2019 @ 4:37pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Man, the articulation on SS Prime is amazing

It is! They made a dang good voyager
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042800)
Posted by Zeedust on October 23rd, 2019 @ 5:15pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:of course. make a list of all robots in the movies. whichever ones they have not made yet will be made.

I don't think it'll be all of them. Reedman, for example, seems rather un-toyetic. And if nothing else, I think it's safe to say Hasbro isn't going to make a toy of this guy:

Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042805)
Posted by william-james88 on October 23rd, 2019 @ 5:28pm CDT

Will be skipping skids and mudflap for sure
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042807)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 23rd, 2019 @ 5:43pm CDT
Zeedust wrote:

And the next Movie Masterpiece figure is:
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042808)
Posted by First-Aid on October 23rd, 2019 @ 5:47pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Will be skipping skids and mudflap for sure

I bet you don't...I bet you see them, and get Devastator all put together and think: "I bet they fit in Devy's mouth!"

;)^
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042809)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 23rd, 2019 @ 6:19pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Will be skipping skids and mudflap for sure

;)^

I really am willing to get we get a Skids/Mudflap duo in a deluxe box to go with Devy at some point.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042812)
Posted by SkyFire Prime on October 23rd, 2019 @ 7:30pm CDT
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042813)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 23rd, 2019 @ 7:33pm CDT
SkyFire Prime wrote:what Megatron is that?, haven't they done all the Megatron's in Studio now? Or is that the 2007 Megatron we've seen already. I wish it was the BB movie Megatron.

That should be the 2007 Megatron, yes. After him, we still have AoE Galvatron and TLK Megatron. I didn't think the BB Movie had Megatron tho...
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042816)
Posted by william-james88 on October 23rd, 2019 @ 7:54pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I also think we'll get another Movie 1 megatron with the right chest.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042823)
Posted by First-Aid on October 23rd, 2019 @ 8:52pm CDT

I don't remember Megatron being in the Bee movie...
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042824)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 23rd, 2019 @ 9:06pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:

I don't remember Megatron being in the Bee movie...

He wasn't. He was cut because in continuity he was frozen during the entirety of the Bee movie.

I think he showed up in 1 piece of art, but that was it, and it was in his frozen state. We will not get a Bee movie Megatron.

Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042832)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 23rd, 2019 @ 10:24pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:We will not get a Bee movie Megatron.

tfbbttcw3-22.jpg
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042835)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 23rd, 2019 @ 11:07pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Are you still bitter about Ironhide's death?
For me, it bugged me because he was killed off before we barely got to know him (and that's even counting the fact that it was his third movie appearance) beyond the broad strokes of "likes weapons" and "is slightly psychopathic" (which ultimately became a trait of most Autobots in the first five movies, but I digress).

It wasn't until reading the Classified novels that I got to know something more personal about Ironhide that was actually kinda neat: He's closet football fanatic, and is slightly embarrassed by it, claiming that he only watches it because it makes for good study of human strategy, even though he'll sometimes get just as riled up and excited over the game as any human fan would.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042838)
Posted by Zeedust on October 23rd, 2019 @ 11:52pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:And I also doubt we will get a new TLK Megatron, but I do believe that we will eventually get a Galvatron

If Studio Series lasts a few more years, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did a new TLK Megs, or at least put out a retool/redeco of the TLK voyager, once the pool of "hey, we need to do a Studio Series version of this" starts to dwindle.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042872)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 24th, 2019 @ 3:21pm CDT
Tonton review for SS Scavenger is out:

It is slightly mistransformed in the video, however. There are two side supports for the top wheel that are meant to plug in on either side, you can see them folded up on Scavenger's back in the video.

It's pretty cool to see it combined with Scrapmetal and Hightower! Hopefully soon we'll see the full combined mode.
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042885)
Posted by MadProject on October 24th, 2019 @ 7:16pm CDT
after Scavenger, there's already a review for Mixmaster too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... J_qPgHGwls
Re: Voyager Class Sentinel Prime Revealed For Transformers Studio Series (2042886)
Posted by Deadput on October 24th, 2019 @ 7:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Are you still bitter about Ironhide's death?

If it wasn't for the lack of development, (which was a problem with every character and not just Ironhide) and if he was actually mourn for afterwards I think there is a great scene potential under Ironhide's death.

He was given a chance to shine the scene prior in a bad ass fight scene (whether you like it or not it's about the intent of the scene) which was all about keeping Sentinel safe from the Decepticons.

The betrayal itself from Sentinel was pretty strong and killing off the second strongest Autobot is a good way for the film to show that.

The main problem of the scene was that he was forgotten about afterwards like the gun wasn't a rust gun but a reality retcon gun.

They could of used Ironhide's death (alongside what happens with Chicago with all those human casualties) as a convincing motivation for killing Sentinel which is another controversial scene, I prefer the adaptions take where he gets shot from his rust gun in the middle of battle and he has a final conversation with Prime and Megatron before he dies, it would of been a good way to get rid of a character who probably did deserve to die after what he does in the film and it would of also been less brutal on Optimus Prime's part.

It's a shame, there are plenty of scenes that could be really good in the films but the rest of the film's make those scenes just wasted potential.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS - BISK Robots in Disguise Legion Toy HASBRO Figure Legend Bot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Ultra Class Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Strafe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power of the Primes Legends Tailgate ACTION FIGURE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations SDCC 2015 Exclusive Devastator Brand NEW, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on EBAY
Buy "used Hasbro Transformers combiner wars Skylynx Sky Lynx Reign voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Mega Optimus Prime Action Figure" on EBAY