Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance

Transformers News: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance

Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 6:42AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Nathaniel Prime   Views: 23,315

Fellow Seibertronians! Yours truly has discovered a very pleasing piece of news regarding the Walmart G1 Reissue Optimus Prime, which has finally been marked as clearance! Thanks to Reddit User JoshiiMoo, we now have proof of said clearance, showing the new Prime to have dropped from the price of a Leader Class figure down to a little more than half of a Deluxe at $13.
Transformers News: Re: Walmart G1 Transformers Toys Reissues Thread
Other reports state there to be clearance to $35, and whether or not you will find any clearance will vary between stores.

Now that this collectible has finally been discounted, will you be picking him up for your collection? Tell us in the discussion below.
Credit(s): Reddit.com
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028081)
Posted by CobraKai on July 10th, 2019 @ 7:41am CDT
Now that’s a realistic price considering that he ain’t got no trailer. What was the OG asking price? $50? Yeesh.
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028087)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on July 10th, 2019 @ 8:49am CDT
I hope that pricing hits my area.
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028089)
Posted by joevill on July 10th, 2019 @ 9:04am CDT
#NotMyWalmart
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028092)
Posted by Ironhide516 on July 10th, 2019 @ 9:15am CDT
The ones at my Walmart are still sitting at $50, so here's hoping they'll get clearanced too. I think this was about the price Hot Rod got clearanced out at also. I wish they'd reconsider these high prices on these reissues. For 50 bucks you're not getting a whole lot of toy for something that's essentially the size of today's deluxe scale.
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028099)
Posted by o.supreme on July 10th, 2019 @ 9:27am CDT
It's all random. I went to 3 Walmarts yesterday looking for other items, all had a good supply of Primes, but only one of them had them reduced to $35. I've found this to be the case with other clearance items. Back in late 2017 I waited until the Kong Skull Island 12 inch figure went down to $5 at one local store, while others still had it at $10 or $12. If I saw a Prime for less than $20, heck yeah I'd pick it up, just for my son to enjoy. This will probably happen at the one Walmart that screwed up all the packaging with anti-theft devices, nobody has even touched those yet :lol: .
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028119)
Posted by Lore Keeper on July 10th, 2019 @ 10:48am CDT
Haha! Figures this news would drop one day after I put out a review saying the asking price was too much! Maybe one of the 30 something people that watched it was a Walmart exec... :-P
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028135)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on July 10th, 2019 @ 11:24am CDT
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028138)
Posted by o.supreme on July 10th, 2019 @ 11:29am CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:Raise your hand if you knew that this was eventually going to be on clearance lol

Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028162)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 10th, 2019 @ 12:46pm CDT
Finally! I'd grab him at $13 if I ran into him, but not exactly interested in going out looking just for him either.
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028215)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on July 10th, 2019 @ 3:37pm CDT
joevill wrote:#NotMyWalmart

;)^

That said if some sort of magic imp causes it to show up at one of my local walmarts for $13, I'd love to get one, my old g1 is intact (less one fist) but pretty worn. Paying 50 or even 35 for a cab only, tho, y'all be trippin, walmart/hasblo 8-} .
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028221)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 10th, 2019 @ 3:52pm CDT
My Walmart just clearanced Prime to $35, and Minibots to $5. There was also some other smaller figures (Energon igniters & Battlemasters) a few dollars cheaper.

Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028240)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 10th, 2019 @ 5:20pm CDT
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028246)
Posted by william-james88 on July 10th, 2019 @ 6:15pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I checked one of my local Walmarts just to see if their G1 Primes were on clearance, and they are still marked at full price, unfortunately. I had already picked one up months ago, but I'd be tempted to get another at $13 (not $35, though) to have a back up for parts replacement and to get another sticker sheet. The stickers for this reissue are so thin that they tear just from trying to peel them off the paper. I ripped one of the leg decals that way, unfortunately, so I'd like a replacement, and for the price I'd pay elsewhere, I might as well get another figure out of it too. I can keep it sticker-free for a cleaner look too, or use it for spare parts sometime down the road.

I am keeping mine sticker free.
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028253)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 10th, 2019 @ 6:27pm CDT
Wish mine would get that clearance, the same 6 are still here from 3 months ago now
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028266)
Posted by spiderbob007 on July 10th, 2019 @ 7:08pm CDT
No change in the online price, but I will be making a few Wally World visits tomorrow.
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028292)
Posted by Emerje on July 10th, 2019 @ 10:38pm CDT
$35 for Prime and $5 for the mini bots at my local Walmart as well. Might try a different one this weekend.

20190710_201359.jpg

Emerje
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028299)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 11th, 2019 @ 2:31am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I am keeping mine sticker free.

What about the Autobot symbols? You at least need those, right? How else will anyone be able to tell that Optimus Prime is an Autobot!? ;)
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028322)
Posted by o.supreme on July 11th, 2019 @ 9:21am CDT
It is odd, because even at full price, the first time these Prime reissues hit my area, they all sold out. Over vs under saturation is more difficult to predict than I imagined. After selling out, yes most of the second wave of this reissue have been just sitting around.

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Is Warpath being reissued? I could’ve sworn he was being reissued alongside Gears, but I haven’t seen him. I have seen a lot of Gears, though.

I saw the assortment with Warpath and Gears ONCE at one of my local stores, pretty sure some scalper bought them all, because there were plenty, then the next day they were all gone. Been pretty much Tailgate and Swerve shelfwarming in my area.
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028326)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 11th, 2019 @ 9:37am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I am keeping mine sticker free.

"Robots in Disguise", man. :P
Re: Walmart G1 Optimus Prime Reissue On Clearance (2028338)
Posted by omega666 on July 11th, 2019 @ 10:44am CDT
It's $35 in my area. I will pass until I see it for $13.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots: Lockdown & Shockwave: Block Figures - Please Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Shockwave 45 Pieces NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G08 Budora from Japan Japan new ." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction 40”x54 inch Area Rug Optimus Prime and Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AD26 Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Crosshairs" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Loyal Subjects Wave 3 Trailbreaker 2/16" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS PLATINUM EDITION - YEAR OF THE GOAT SOUNDWAVE HASBRO" on EBAY