Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives

Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives

Wednesday, March 10th, 2021 4:15pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 47,479

Greetings Seibertronians! Following reports from Preternia on twitter, and fellow Seibertron user, Nemesis Primal, it looks like Walmart is hyping itself up to reveal some new exclusive Transformers! Which if history serves us well, may turn out to be the official reveals of Wave 3 of the Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix line!

Transformers News: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives

Unfortunately, the fanbases experiences with Walmarts preorders isn't the best, with Gigawatt selling out within seconds due to unscrupulous scalpers and bots. That's not before we even get into pre-orders getting delayed then ultimately cancelled, which has been the experience of many a fan.

However one thing that could change this is the new section on Hasbro Pulse, where you can order Retailer exclusive items. How this will play into proceedings is unknown.

What do you think? You looking forward to seeing the official renders of toys that some have got their lucky mitts on?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Preternia from Twitter, Walmart

Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097763)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 10th, 2021 @ 4:31pm CST
That reminds me what happened to Hasbro Pulse having Wave 2 and 3 of R.E.D? I'm interested in getting Arcee and maybe Cheetor, so will they be on the site or not?
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097764)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 10th, 2021 @ 4:32pm CST
Munkky wrote:Elita-1 is still available on a few sites for non-scalper prices, I've been toying with the idea of getting her recently, but I'm put off because she's not a whole lot different from Arcee. Perhaos if the vehicle mode had been retooled to look less like a red Arcee I'd feel more inclined to buy one, but as is I don't know if she'll be worth it.

Kind of weird, I was at my local Walmart and she is the big shelfwarmer there. They had 8 Netflix deluxes. 5 Elita-1's, 2 Wheeljacks and a holdover Hound from wave 1. Perhaps that might be why some still have her at a normal price.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097768)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 10th, 2021 @ 5:38pm CST

She's starting to shelfwarm in my area, actually, with 7 alone in one Walmart and hardly anybody else. Doesn't look good for the next wave.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097771)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 10th, 2021 @ 6:08pm CST
Yeah my Wal-Mart has 8 Elitas and 7 Wheeljacks. It's crazy. If they get discounted I'm contemplating buying them for troopbuilding.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097772)
Posted by william-james88 on March 10th, 2021 @ 6:25pm CST
o.supreme wrote:Wave 1 I spent $160 ($60 Spoiler Box, Both Voyagers, and one Deluxe)
Wave 2 I spent $100 ($60 Spoiler Box, $20 on one Deluxe, & obtained the BM's from Optimus Prime without having to buy Prime Himself)

If all the Rumors regarding Wave 3 are accurate, I guess the Only thing I want is the Purple Paleotrex. Unless that Megatron Spoiler Box comes with something else incredibly cool, I don't need another WFC Megatron (and most people don't need a what...9th use of this mold??)

Why they change the formula now is beyond me. Sure I know that Kingdom Itself does not have Battlemasters, but they were never in the animated series anyway, so it shouldn't matter. I mean how cool would it have been to get an Optimus Primal with 2 Smashdown repaints? Or the Seeker with 2 Doublecrosser repaints?

I am drawing a blank, I thought this would mark a 7th release of the Megatron mold.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097773)
Posted by Tuned Agent on March 10th, 2021 @ 6:40pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

It's the 7th by my count as well, but it definitely feels like the 2,000th at this point.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097775)
Posted by aronjlove on March 10th, 2021 @ 6:46pm CST
Huh, all I get are 6:

Siege
Combat
Classic Animation
Netflix
Earthrise
G2
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097777)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 10th, 2021 @ 6:53pm CST
aronjlove wrote:Huh, all I get are 6:

Siege
Combat
Classic Animation
Netflix
Earthrise
G2
This second Netflix one would be the 7th.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097778)
Posted by aronjlove on March 10th, 2021 @ 6:56pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
aronjlove wrote:Huh, all I get are 6:

Siege
Combat
Classic Animation
Netflix
Earthrise
G2
This second Netflix one would be the 7th.

Ah, OK, now I follow ;)^
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097784)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 10th, 2021 @ 8:13pm CST

Edit, if they show up on Pulse, then sure thing.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097785)
Posted by aronjlove on March 10th, 2021 @ 8:22pm CST
I'm gonna try and tune in or whatever to see what the releases are, but yeah, I ain't wasting time preordering. Walmart has never fulfilled a single preorder. I have seen every exclusive in-store at least once and purchased all the Walmart exclusives I have been after.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097789)
Posted by Autobot N on March 10th, 2021 @ 9:50pm CST
I don't plan on buying anything from this wave (maybe except the Seeker, depending on how zombie-ish it looks), but if I was, I wouldn't be pre ordering. Too much of a hassle, especially when I've found all of the Netflix figures I've wanted at physical retail.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097790)
Posted by ScottyP on March 10th, 2021 @ 10:03pm CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So, is anybody else not going to bother pre-ordering this time? I'm leaning toward not bothering as I have zero confidence they will ship before I find them in store, if they ship at all.

Edit, if they show up on Pulse, then sure thing.
I'll still put one in, if possible of course and assuming it's not just more Red figures. Doesn't hurt to try and it's pretty easy to cancel when (not if) things show up in stores a month or more before they start filling internet "preorders"
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097795)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 11th, 2021 @ 12:33am CST
If the last two waves of Netflix toys are anything to go by, I’ll eventually find them in stores so no rush on preordering from their broken site. Also I’m hesitant to order anything from Walmart after the Allicons I had bought off them ended up being a Cliffjumper and Ironworks I already own... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097805)
Posted by TulioDude on March 11th, 2021 @ 6:20am CST
Maybe its the Armada toys I've been waiting for!

Day 436 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097815)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on March 11th, 2021 @ 11:11am CST
BEAST WARS REISSUES PER IGN!!
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097816)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on March 11th, 2021 @ 11:29am CST
Link: https://www.ign.com/articles/new-transf ... lease-date

Regular editions, not Transmetals
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097822)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 11th, 2021 @ 12:31pm CST
AcademyofDrX wrote:Link: https://www.ign.com/articles/new-transf ... lease-date

Regular editions, not Transmetals
In its own thread. :PEACE:
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097906)
Posted by william-james88 on March 11th, 2021 @ 7:56pm CST
Not sure what I want from the third wave of Netflix toys. Another of the megatron mold is out of the question and apparently there is very little difference in the Primal/Rattrap voyager combo, don't care for any of the rusty decos either. Oh wait, yeah I will get that Cheetor. But that's about it.
Re: Walmart Gives Countdown to New Transformer Exclusives (2097909)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 11th, 2021 @ 8:08pm CST
I'm pretty much only interested in the seeker because I love the mold. Cheetor is a maybe, I'm fine with the regular one.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Autobot Drift Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY