Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside

Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009 4:56am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 42,135

The street date for the Wal*Mart Exclusive Masterpiece Skywarp in the United States was November 1st. We are a couple days past that, and we have what seems to be the first sighting of the figure within the country. Thanks to Hicks_Royel of TFW2005, who spotted and purchased the figure at a Kentucky Wal*Mart. Skywarp goes for the decent price of $60 US. This doesn't seem to be an isolated incident, so check your local Wal*Marts Seibertronians!

Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside
Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside

For our international members, Masterpiece Skywarp has already been released in Canada and the United Kingdom. If you're unsure about the future purchase of the figure, check out forum member kirbenvost's pictorial of the Skywarp here. You can check out the original thread here. If you happen to find Skywarp at your local Wal*Mart, remember to fill out Skywarp's sighting page to help out fellow members and fans.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Hicks_Royal of TFW2005.com

This article was last modified on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009 5:03am CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016274)
Posted by Starscream6 on November 3rd, 2009 @ 5:29am CST
i have a friend that lives in Kentucky and is coming to visit me soon......fate? :grin:
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016293)
Posted by Forgotten on November 3rd, 2009 @ 6:35am CST
Awesome for the guys that want it. I myself and ordering the Takara one. But it's still good to hear and the price is excellent.
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016302)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 3rd, 2009 @ 6:50am CST
I wish it wasn't so pricy. :-(
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016308)
Posted by prmlove1 on November 3rd, 2009 @ 7:43am CST
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016373)
Posted by --B-- on November 3rd, 2009 @ 10:12am CST
I will find and buy this toy. It is one of the few things I have left to buy TF wise in 2009, and I will get it!
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016375)
Posted by rpetras on November 3rd, 2009 @ 10:15am CST
I'll start hunting more regularly at Wally World again. :-)
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016399)
Posted by guardianprime on November 3rd, 2009 @ 11:18am CST
*angryface* I SOOOO want one but its out of my price range right now.
plus it dosnt look as good as the takara one.

still. i need to keep an eye out for him.
*hypers*

do you guys think its worth it?
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016402)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on November 3rd, 2009 @ 11:22am CST
Just went to 2 walmarts today, didn't have them. Gonna keep checking. I need one!!!
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016422)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 3rd, 2009 @ 12:35pm CST
I went to two last night on my way home from grad school, and neither had him on the pallets about to be set. I may try to use the UPC, though.
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016429)
Posted by Stockade on November 3rd, 2009 @ 1:14pm CST
I'll keep an eye out for him, but something tells me he may be abit cheaper when black friday rolls around, doubtful but hopeful..
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016430)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 3rd, 2009 @ 1:15pm CST
Great news for the US fans!

Suprisingly, this is one of the first instances of a figure actually being cheaper in Canada. It's $59.92 here, and as everyone knows, our dollar isn't valued as high as the USD.

prmlove1 wrote:He spent a lot of money on the figures but he has what appears to be an CRT monitor. Oh well, I would have bought Skywarp now anyways and waited till Black Friday to upgrade the monitor. :grin:

I still have a CRT monitor too. :p I'd much rather spend my money on new figures than a nice looking monitor, if my old one still works fine.

guardianprime wrote:*angryface* I SOOOO want one but its out of my price range right now.
plus it dosnt look as good as the takara one.

still. i need to keep an eye out for him.
*hypers*

do you guys think its worth it?

As evidenced by my review, yes, definitely worth it!
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016439)
Posted by Rated X on November 3rd, 2009 @ 1:31pm CST
It's about time !!! :D :D :D :D :D

Next give us Thundercracker !!!
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016456)
Posted by muswp1 on November 3rd, 2009 @ 2:17pm CST
I checked a couple of Wal-Marts in my area (Algonquin and Elgin) and didn't see anything new so far.
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016457)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 3rd, 2009 @ 2:20pm CST
Just checked with my three local Wal-Marts, and all of them have requests in for around 30 figures, but they don't have an ETA. I'll keep calling every day this week.
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016464)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on November 3rd, 2009 @ 2:34pm CST
plus it dosnt look as good as the takara one.

still. i need to keep an eye out for him.
*hypers*

do you guys think its worth it?

If you can find an MP for 60, why not?
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016536)
Posted by transformerdude on November 3rd, 2009 @ 6:52pm CST
Yeah I'm in CAnada and I got mine almost two weeks ago from my local Wal-mart. He's the first Masterpiece figure I got and for 60 bucks I feel like a got a good deal. I also like that Hasbro didn't cheap out on this figure and kept all the accessories.
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016540)
Posted by Solrac333 on November 3rd, 2009 @ 7:33pm CST
I went to 2 out of 3 Walmarts in my area...nothing.
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016548)
Posted by --B-- on November 3rd, 2009 @ 8:24pm CST
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016566)
Posted by 3.8TransAM on November 3rd, 2009 @ 9:38pm CST
No luck in Tinley Park, IL Wally World

Same goes for Schererville, MErrilville and Hammond, IN

Ran the SKU number and warehouse shows zero, but multiple stores got in multiple truck loads of toys today.

Will call t'row and find out
Re: Wal*Mart Masterpiece Skywarp Headed Stateside (1016569)
Posted by Naked Magnus on November 3rd, 2009 @ 9:51pm CST
--B-- wrote:Anyone know the sku or upc to check with? I have a feeling my local wally won't get it, but the one not too far may.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you just need the number that is listed on the receipt. When I was trying to track down alternator ravage at Walmart years ago, they told me the UPC number on the box was not used in their system. Rather, it is their own number that appears on the receipt.

Just use the number that is in the picture of the receipt and I believe that will work.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY