War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer

Transformers News: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer

Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 12:33PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 58,228

We've received some official screenshots and a link to the trailer for War for Cybertron's upcoming DLC.

We are pleased to announce that the DLC pack will include the following:

- Two brand new characters: Fan favorites SCATTERSHOT and ONSLAUGHT, whose named characters will be playable in Escalation mode and chassis will be accessible in traditional multiplayer

- Three previous retailer-exclusive characters: SHOCKWAVE, DEMOLISHOR and JAZZ, playable in the aforementioned modes

- Four brand new maps:

o Escalation maps DISTRICT and FORSAKEN
o Multiplayer maps HAVOK and FORTRESS

The Transformers: War for Cybertron Map and Character Pack will launch next week.

Trailer

Demolishor

Jazz

Onslaught

Scattershot

Shockwave

The DLC is scheduled to release July 27th for the PlayStation Network (for $10.00) and XBox Live (800 Microsoft Points).

Seibertron.com: your source for War for Cybertron news and much more!
Credit(s): Wiebke Hesse - Step 3
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1101695)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:43pm CDT
not sure about shockwave but all of the rest need to be made into figures asap.
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1101701)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:49pm CDT
RogueDeathangel wrote:
Windsweeper wrote:Shame he looks more like Cybertron Scattershot than the G1 leader of the Technobots.

Scattershot/Scattorshot what's the difference? :lol:

He's obviously based on the Cybertron version ;)

I find that really interesting. Almost as if they've retconned Cybertron Scattorshot into the G1 continuity. That, or Scattershot & Scattorshot are two completely different characters.
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1101727)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on July 22nd, 2010 @ 1:37pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:
RogueDeathangel wrote:

Scattershot/Scattorshot what's the difference? :lol:

He's obviously based on the Cybertron version ;)

Well, this new WFC/Prime continuity seems to be a mish-mash of previous continuites (what with demolisher and the Arielbots etc) and I would assume that Scattershot and Scattorshot are two different characters.

Personally I think this WFC Scattorshot looks more like Hotspot, but that's just me :)

Definately changing my chassis to Scattorshot and Onslaught for those classes/factions though.
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1101728)
Posted by Windsweeper on July 22nd, 2010 @ 1:46pm CDT
What's the difference?

Scattershot the Technobot leader was cool. A combiner leader and badass brawler.

Cybertron Scattershot was a whiner with an annoying drawl.

While I'm always glad to see characters retrofitted into G1 like WFC has done with Slipstream and Demolisher, I just feel Technobot Scattershot was a more worthy candidate.

I mean since when is Cybertron Scattershot a fan favourite?

Still I suppose if it means he's adding to the G1 cast, I can live with that. As long as he's not replacing the original. We already have 2 Flames, Sky Highs and Tracers so a 2nd Scattershot is acceptable.

On a more positive note, I'm glad to see some UT bots like Scattershot and Demolisher becoming part of G1. It was nice to see Botcon Leozack fit the Energon Starscream mold into G1. I can now use the 3 Energon Starscreams as generic G1 Air Warriors/Seekers.

Great game by the way.
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1101751)
Posted by Shadowblade_DW on July 22nd, 2010 @ 2:30pm CDT
Ah, woe is the PC buff who cries for fairness in the timing of DLC.
Hark on the horizon is hope for said player and the thousands of srceams from the console gamer he once scorned.
For inevitably will have far more extra content for a much lower cost in akin to the G.E.C.K. Modual from Fallout 3. PC gamer you will get all the content us console players will enjoy and then some. I would not be crying for "fair" treatment about release dates.
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1101755)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on July 22nd, 2010 @ 2:36pm CDT
Windsweeper wrote:What's the difference?

Cybertron Scattershot was a whiner with an annoying drawl.

I mean since when is Cybertron Scattershot a fan favourite?

I know the difference :lol:

And Cybertron Scattershot is no more of a fan favourite than Demolishor.

I think he was chosen just to give the Autobots another tank, since Warpath is currently the ONLY Autobot Soldier chassis (like how Onslaught was introduced to give the Decepticons another Leader chassis.)
It's an alt-mode that the 'bots are a bit light on when compared to the Decepticons.
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1101777)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on July 22nd, 2010 @ 3:44pm CDT
I fapped to how awesome the video was... :oops:

Between this and the SSF4 complete costume pack coming out the day before it, XBL's going to be getting some of my money. =P~
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1101783)
Posted by WANTED WES on July 22nd, 2010 @ 3:59pm CDT
<--Will be buying. I already have Shockwave from my Gamestop pre-order.
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1102065)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on July 23rd, 2010 @ 6:33am CDT
UM Prime wrote:stan bush is awful

HERESY!!! BURN! BURN! (lol, jk :P )

Def liking this pack, big win all around. Not sure where folks are coming from with this sentiment that preordering for the exclusive chars was some sort of waste: depending on where you reserved your copy, you got to play as one of three of these characters from the day of the game's release instead of waiting for this dlc to drop over a month later, and the least you had to do was make a $5-10 down payment on the game before the release date.

Anyway, anybody else thinkin' Dinobots & Constructicons for the next 2 packs? Maybe roll 'em into one if you exclude new maps...
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1102121)
Posted by WANTED WES on July 23rd, 2010 @ 8:57am CDT
I'm thinking of a Boss fight with Devastator. First the Constructicons attack you seperately and then they form Devastator after you do enough damage. And yes I would be so in love with a sequel that supported the Dinobots. Even dinobots attacking autobots like the G1 series would be fine. Of course they have to convert back at some point to the autobot side but it would be so full of greatness...oh to dream.

Finally, I kept envisioning a way they could support you playing a combiner like Devastator or Superion, etc. Perhaps in campaign mode you play with the usual 3 player co-op or AI and then once you get to a designated area you can form Devastator with other decepticons that exist in that area. I could see this being a great Multiplayer or Escalation mode as well if the level could be large enough for such a combiner ( or you can't use this ability in certain areas of the level just as it won't allow you to transform at times ). The ability would be for leaders only and would be something you could activate after a kill streak, like +7.
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1102129)
Posted by GEEWUN on July 23rd, 2010 @ 9:06am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:not sure about shockwave but all of the rest need to be made into figures asap.

EXCUUUSE me I can live without a onslaught, demolisher and scattershot. I NEED JAZZ and SHOCKWAVE!!! How dare you rebuke the mighty shockwave!!!! :evil:
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1103021)
Posted by slugslinger on July 25th, 2010 @ 6:58am CDT
they all look amazing loving shockwave especially, but something thats been bothering me is how did arcee manage to get in but no sign of Hot Rod, Kup, Springer and Ultra Magnus now that would be some DLC worth getting :D
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1104014)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on July 27th, 2010 @ 12:16am CDT
When's this going live? It's already the 27th. When does Microsoft update their servers to roll out new DLC? Because I'm sick of turning on my 360, logging into my account, checking Marketplace, getting dissappointed/annoyed, and turning my system off every hour.
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1104026)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on July 27th, 2010 @ 1:31am CDT
Double post bump with content.

Assuming that's a reliable source and it hasn't changed in 2 years we have to wait until 2 am PST/3 am MST/4 am CST/5 am EST for our dlc to go live? Who's bright idea was for it to make it 2 am PST instead of Midnight PST? That's just stupid.

I've stayed up all night for nothing anyway. What's another hour and a half?
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1104051)
Posted by Naval Strike on July 27th, 2010 @ 3:11am CDT
European PS3 user need tot wait untill 29th to get the download
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1104053)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on July 27th, 2010 @ 3:15am CDT

Also 5:15 am EST/etc. and still now DLC on XBL. Are you guys absolutely sure XBL ain't getting this tomorrow?
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1104055)
Posted by Blurrz on July 27th, 2010 @ 3:27am CDT
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:That's harsh man. Why do they make you guys wait for shit that's already finished? I mean we literally play the same games. I've had Euro's in SSF4 lobbies. I don't see why you'd have to wait two full days after the DLC came out.

[color=teal]
I'm tired of waiting so I'm going to sleep. XBL said July 27th, I guess we just gotta be patient a little while longer. [/color]
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1104062)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on July 27th, 2010 @ 4:02am CDT

Sometimes it's a localisation issue (the E.U. has way more languages to cover than the U.S.A.)
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1104066)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on July 27th, 2010 @ 4:15am CDT
Just went live 12 minutes ago. I'm downloading it now. Go go go go go!
Re: War for Cybertron DLC - New Screenshots and Trailer (1104108)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on July 27th, 2010 @ 6:28am CDT
Demolisher is boss for Escalation. He runs that shit. They gave him Ammo Beacon. :grin:

The two new maps are fly as Hell man. The fog and water system in the new Autobot map is awesome. Also there's a giant sealed energy door (the kind that enemies flood out of) that's bigger than even the Tank drones. We were speculating what's going to come out of it and when the wave is. One dude thought it might be the Slugs from Single player.

The District Map (Decepticons) is by far my favorite. The power outage function has the same lack of effect as the fog in the Bot map does when you fine aim. It's got repair sentries, defense grids don't walk through that shit. It will down you. Found that out the hard way with a dude I met in Escalation. We laughed our asses off at how bullshit it was. :lol:

I can not believe how awesome this pack is and for only 800 points ($10). High Moon went out of their way to make this Pack amazing and we're guarenteed a second set. Rumor is we'll be getting another Decept Leader, another Autobot Soldier, and another Decept Scout for sure. Heard they might make an Autobot Scientist. We'll be getting even more maps with that.

Dude, High Moon is God Tier when it comes to programming teams.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
"Through The Fargate"
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers Botcon 2014 Knight Flareup" on EBAY
Buy "Lot Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Ultra Magnus Thundertron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "MPM-03 Transformers Movie Masterpiece Series bumblebee KO Complete US Seller" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro Transformers Collectors Club Exclusive Nova Prime & Lio Convoy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Beast Wars Waspinator Fox Kids Transmetals Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "New 2014 Transformers 4 Age of Extinction AOE Titan Guardian Grimlock 16" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Gentei Henkei Strafe Rocketbot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers DOTM leader Class Ironhide w/ Fans Want It FWI Cannons" on EBAY