War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail

War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail

Sunday, June 7th, 2020 9:27pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 38,084

Thanks to a post on Facebook by Ozformers (a page focusing on Australian Transformers news), we have photo proof that one of the most anticipated (and certainly the most magnificent) Earthrise releases, Sky Lynx, has been found at retail in Australia! This photo shows the splendiferous Autobot in all his Commander Class glory about to be released on a Big W store in Brisbane, Queensland. The post notes that a sale is coming up in two weeks' time, during which he'll be marked down to $119AUD (currently $82.92USD), a $30AUD savings- though not all Big W locations may not stock him until then, and those that do may sell out before then.

Transformers News: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail

So with this first retail sighting of Sky Lynx, is your anticipation still bearable? Can you hardly wait to obtain him? Surely, Australian fans must be excited to have this figure to begin another winter. Let us know what you think below, and whether or not you plan on picking him up.

Credit(s): Ozformers on Facebook

This article was last modified on Sunday, June 7th, 2020 9:31pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067166)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 7th, 2020 @ 9:34pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Neither version of the mold I have have that problem.

I've got like.... most versions of that mold. Not all of them are floppy, mind you- Jazz is just the worst. But for the life of me, I can't figure out WHY they didn't make a way for his chest to lock into place.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067167)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 7th, 2020 @ 9:36pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Neither version of the mold I have have that problem.

I have the SG Stepper version, I'm also surprised they never had the chest lock in anywhere
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067170)
Posted by Autobot N on June 7th, 2020 @ 9:47pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067173)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on June 7th, 2020 @ 10:29pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:Special Ops Jazz is great, but I’d like one with ankle tilts and no door wings. Still, I’d probably be happy with anything. Jazz is my second favorite :BOT:, and it’d be awesome to have a WFC version of him.

Y'know what'd be really cool? If whatever Jazz they end up making in Earthrise or Part 3 ends up having an option to have door wings or not, whether it's removable door wings or if they fold out of sight unobtrusively or something along those lines.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067175)
Posted by sol magnus on June 7th, 2020 @ 10:42pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

Not for nothing, the Jazz on the box has door wings.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067176)
Posted by Autobot N on June 7th, 2020 @ 10:46pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

Not for nothing, the Jazz on the box has door wings.
Dang. Care to post a picture?
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067177)
Posted by sol magnus on June 7th, 2020 @ 10:50pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

Not for nothing, the Jazz on the box has door wings.
Dang. Care to post a picture?

I'm trying to figure it out. Maybe I can take a picture of the magnifying glass over Jazz on the box.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067180)
Posted by Stargrave on June 7th, 2020 @ 11:35pm CDT
This part?
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067184)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 8th, 2020 @ 12:47am CDT
Is that Jazz? Has the red visor, has the doors on the back. And the colors aren't defined, but I guess that could be red and blue on white...
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067186)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 8th, 2020 @ 12:54am CDT
Honestly, I kinda see more Prowl there... Then again, the two of them have very similar body types with the hood chest and door wings (on toys)
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067187)
Posted by william-james88 on June 8th, 2020 @ 12:55am CDT

Also, I might be in minority on this but I preffer the vehicle mode on CW Cyclonus. I really love how loooooong that nocescone is. It really reminds me of that perspective shot we get in the 86 film when we first see it transform during the transfiguration scene.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067188)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 8th, 2020 @ 12:58am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I wouldnt replace my POTP Jazz if a new one came out. Sure, Jazz wasn't a combiner in G1 but I dont feel the combiner gimmick detracted anything from the toy. He looked as good as I need in my collection.

I also enjoy the vehicle mode on CW Cyclonus, and wish the nosecone on the new one was longer, but honestly the idea of a potential upgrade kit for this new one to give it an IDW head and sword is much more interesting to me, as well as up my alley. Plus, even though I liked the purple used for CW, this new one looks much better, even without paint
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067189)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 8th, 2020 @ 1:19am CDT
Heh, if they do Jazz again it'll be one of the cleanest looking transformers ever, no extra tampos or print. They're not going through that again.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067195)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 8th, 2020 @ 5:17am CDT
The old Generations Jazz is nice enough and the PotP version is acceptable.

But based on what they did so far in the current trilogy, I think a ER Jazz would be freaking awesome.
I'm looking forward to it.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067196)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 8th, 2020 @ 5:35am CDT
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067203)
Posted by Flashwave on June 8th, 2020 @ 6:28am CDT
Wondering if Cyclonus and possibly Soundwave are not Earthrise but the rumored Studio '86.

How does that even work, if Generations has been the GeeWun lineup? Seems redundant, but oh well. Cyclonus looks AWESOME.

Thrust pretty much sealed me buying Screamer yesterday. I love this mold. No regrets. I love its relative heft compared to the original Classics and its *just* diffetent enough in its tricks. I need some missile pods for it though.

Maverick is probably gonna be a buy on sight. Not enough Jet Autobots. My initial impression though based on the character art and the panel lines on the figure are that this is going to be more in the Studio Series Movie style which is sad but also not an unfitting way to do it.

Can we say "SDCC2020 Orphan?"
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067206)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 8th, 2020 @ 6:49am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:I have no need for a new Jazz. I'm with Will on this one... the POTP Jazz is a nice looking figure, and the combining gimmick isn't obtrusive... frankly, he's better off not being used as a combiner limb, as neither his arm or leg modes are very stable.

Imo, PotP Jazz is nice, but far from perfect. The vehicle is awesome but the transformation is a bit fiddly with lots of panels origami. Plus the hands are completely blocked. If you compare CW Wheelhack with his ER counterpart, they should be able to make a true "Mini Budget Masterpiece" with a ER Jazz. This could give us a preview of what a proper official MP Jazz would look like if Porche would stop sitting on their copyright for one minute.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067212)
Posted by Skritz on June 8th, 2020 @ 8:15am CDT
POTP Jazz is a floppy mess of thin plastic.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067214)
Posted by sol magnus on June 8th, 2020 @ 8:19am CDT
Stargrave wrote:This part?

Yeah. That's the part.

When I did it, I wasn't expecting any character. Even on the Leader Class box the guy is tiny. The visor was the dead giveaway.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sky Lynx Found at Australian Retail (2067215)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 8th, 2020 @ 8:23am CDT
Skritz wrote:POTP Jazz is a floppy mess of thin plastic.

Exactly.
He look good in both modes, but it's a bad limb and he's not fun to handle at all.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY