War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos

Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 30,340

Transformers News: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos

Transformers News: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos

Transformers News: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos

Transformers News: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos

Transformers News: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos

While it appears he may share some engineering with Earthrise Wheeljack, no parts appear to be the same between the two. Sunstreaker is due out in the late third or early fourth quarter of this year, along with wavemate Trailbreaker.

Now that we've got some clearer images, including the back of the figure, is this one you'll be adding to your collection? Let us know below, and stay tuned for the latest news!

Credit(s): Snakas Blog

Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070862)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 7th, 2020 @ 5:26pm CDT
I think I'll try to pick him up if I can, I had universe Sunstreaker but the mold never gelled with me. I think I like it best when Streaker and Sideswipe have their own unique molds and differing transformation schemes
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070864)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on July 7th, 2020 @ 5:32pm CDT
Sunstreaker's actually looking really good, especially from the back. I'll probably pick him up, but I'd love to see a Lockdown repaint/remold in either Selects or the mainline. New hands (like Impactor with the 5mm ports on the non hand side), hook instead of the supercharger (or in addition to), a new head, and maybe new feet/front end of the car.

Why yes I am desperate for a new version of the Animated style Lockdown, why do you ask? :lol:
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070865)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 7th, 2020 @ 5:32pm CDT
Definitely getting him. And definitely giving him a gun from the Centurion weapons pack. The double barreled hair dryer isn't doing it for me.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070866)
Posted by FellintoOblivion on July 7th, 2020 @ 5:39pm CDT
Is the Autobot Alliance two pack still happening?

I noticed it's not listed on the TFWiki site anymore.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070867)
Posted by adamage1 on July 7th, 2020 @ 5:42pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Thanks to Seibertronian LinaNui, we have word of some brand new images of the upcoming War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker, courtesy of SnakasBlog. Sideswipe's twin is shown off here in all his yellow glory, coming only with his air intake as an accessory, which doubles as his weapon. He also has some sweet disco moves!

I preordered him many months ago from Pulse. He was an auto-buy, as he is far-and-away the best mainline version of Sunstreaker ever designed, like the vast majority of the WFC Trilogy line so far.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070868)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2020 @ 5:52pm CDT
FellintoOblivion wrote:Is the Autobot Alliance two pack still happening?

I noticed it's not listed on the TFWiki site anymore.
If that's the Ironhide/Prowl two-pack, then the reason it's not on the Wiki is because it hasn't been officially revealed yet. The Wiki can only list products that have been revealed through official channels.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070871)
Posted by bacem on July 7th, 2020 @ 6:14pm CDT
Definitely gonna get that sunstreaker. I like his proportion way more than the classic version. Leaving some part of the car windows on the back of the leg is a good decision, as it makes his chest more comfortable to look at.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070872)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 7th, 2020 @ 6:17pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070885)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 7th, 2020 @ 7:16pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm keeping Universe Sunstreaker, but I'd be down for the inevitable Selects Spinout repaint.

I'm hoping for a Cordon repaint myself, though Spin Out wouldn't go amiss.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070887)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 7th, 2020 @ 7:19pm CDT
I'll pick him up if they do earthrise sideswipe. I prefer the classics car mode with the cthru plastic headlights.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070890)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 7th, 2020 @ 7:43pm CDT
This mold looks good, I think it definitely looks better here than it did in render form, but I don't have the attachment to the character required for me to feel like replacing CW Sunstreaker. If they do either Diaclone repaint, or that Lockdown remold my Sentinel counterpart suggested, I would be more interested.

ZeroWolf wrote:

I'm hoping for a Cordon repaint myself, though Spin Out wouldn't go amiss.

I'm inclined to think Spin-Out will probably happen before Cordon, for two reasons:
1. Selects Tigertrack is coming, so I think Hasbro would probably like to get Spin-Out made to complement that and complete the Diaclone borthers.
2. There doesn't look like an easy way to get a lightbar on this mold for Cordon without retooling the car hood/chest, and I feel like getting that kind of retooling for a Diaclone recolor character is unlikely.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070893)
Posted by adamage1 on July 7th, 2020 @ 7:49pm CDT
You know, based on these photos, I am thinking he might be a bit of a parts-former with that chest piece. I can’t figure out how that chest piece ends up where it does in vehicle mode without it detaching from the figure in bot mode.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070894)
Posted by adamage1 on July 7th, 2020 @ 7:56pm CDT
Nevermind: recalled that the hinge joint for the chest piece on Wheeljack is actually attached to a secondary piece below the torso allowing it to be free for rotation.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070896)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 7th, 2020 @ 8:06pm CDT
I know how they could get Cordon without changing the chest: Lightbar with a protruding tab that has a hole in it for the supercharger's peg. That or just a lightbar that slots into the roof notch and is glued in place.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070914)
Posted by Tuned Agent on July 7th, 2020 @ 9:18pm CDT
Sunstreaker looks really good, though I'm not the biggest fan of the headsculpt. That alt mode, on the other hand, looks fantastic!
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070916)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 7th, 2020 @ 9:32pm CDT
Finding the MP way too expensive and too big for my tastes, I wouldn't mind a Select ER Cordon.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070918)
Posted by TulioDude on July 7th, 2020 @ 9:49pm CDT
I think this mold would also look cool as Movie Lockdown.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070922)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2020 @ 11:05pm CDT
Official pics of Runamuck - https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810171157/

While he'll be mass retail for Hasbro's markets, for Japan he'll be another TakaraTomy Mall exclusive.
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070926)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on July 7th, 2020 @ 11:23pm CDT
I like him, but I wish I could love him. Something is OFF about this Sunstreaker. He's not as G1 as I'd hope, he's not as G1 as Siege Sideswipe was, & that was not strictly G1 either. There aren't enough call-backs to the G1 toy in bot-mode detail & color-wise, there's no red shoulders, his weaponry is inadequate, and...oh there it is! His car-mode has NO CHROME SPOILER, THAT'S IT!! He's like a cat missing it's tail, & for some reason it seem more egregious on him than on Sideswipe. A 3P will have to accessorise him & ToyHax will need to add retro detail & color!
Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise Sunstreaker New Photos (2070928)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 7th, 2020 @ 11:53pm CDT
AutobotAlvaron wrote:I like him, but I wish I could love him. Something is OFF about this Sunstreaker. He's not as G1 as I'd hope, he's not as G1 as Siege Sideswipe was, & that was not strictly G1 either.
Well of course not. Auto makers more strictly enforce licensing the likeness of their cars these days. Or are you talking about the cartoon-based arms? Other than that Sideswipe's G1 to the point of having molded detail based on the original toy's stickers.
Sunstreaker's shoulder transformation is a tad less G1, but on the other hand it lends itself better to having shoulder rotation.
As far as vehicle modes go they're equally G1, just trading off which Countach bits they alter and how.

AutobotAlvaron wrote:There aren't enough call-backs to the G1 toy in bot-mode detail & color-wise,
Oh yeah? He's got leg detail based on both the G1 toy's actual leg detail and the undercarriage piece, he's got lights and hood lines on top of his feet, he's got ribbed oblongs for forearms (only missing the dome details) he's got the squarish boosters on the shoulders. he's got the black detail on the chest from the Lamborghini roof... Oh, and of course, let's not forget that he has feet made from the nose of the car and arms made from the aft as per the G1 design. Which is more than the Universe toy can say. And he's not Breakdown's body doing Sunstreaker cosplay.

AutobotAlvaron wrote:there's no red shoulders,
That's true, but 1. the red shoulders only existed in the first place because of Hasbro being too cheap and lazy to change the stickers when they changed the toy from red to yellow and 2. The red shoulders would look even worse in car mode on this guy than they do on the original. Seriously, think about it.
They're bad enough on the original toy. On the Earthrise toy they'd be bigger and also more visible, because they'd be on the top of the car.

AutobotAlvaron wrote:his weaponry is inadequate,
As is that of most Deluxe-class characters, because of plastic austerity. That SIEGE Mirage came with his complete weapon set is something of a miracle, and a show of plastic savings elsewhere in the design.

AutobotAlvaron wrote:and...oh there it is! His car-mode has NO CHROME SPOILER, THAT'S IT!!
1. You were delusional if you expected chrome; at most it would have been silver-painted. Chrome is a luxury we haven't gotten on regular releases in a long time, especially in the US. And honestly, the stuff HasTak use to metallize toy parts is highly vulnerable to human skin oil anyway and they've never sprung for protective finish...
2. Plastic austerity again. There's also the issue of where to put it in robot mode, but I'm certain that plastic austerity played a greater role (After all, if nothing else they could have made the supercharger piece bigger and made the spoiler part of it)

I agree that he'd look better with a spoiler, but I understand why it wasn't in the cards. Especially not a chrome one.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY