War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online!

War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online!

Tuesday, April 6th, 2010 7:47pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 46,286

GameSpot has released the latest in trailers for Transformers: War For Cybertron. This trailer features multiplayer details, including the four classes: soldier, scout, scientist and leader as well as a quick glance at the character customization section. While brief it seems that there are several classes of weapons to choose from, as well as special abilities and the ability to repaint your character. How extensively can you customize your character? That much isn't known yet, but you can be sure that there will be More Than Meets The Eye!

Click here to see the video or watch it below.

Keep watching Seibertron.com for all your Transformers Game news!

Credit(s): GameStop.com

This article was last modified on Tuesday, April 6th, 2010 7:53pm CDT

Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062130)
Posted by scout185090002 on April 6th, 2010 @ 7:56pm CDT
Wow :APPLAUSE:...The detail is freakin amazing! If I get this game I might be on the couch a good deal of the summer playing it if it lives up to exceptation.
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062132)
Posted by Random on April 6th, 2010 @ 8:00pm CDT
Ok, I'm floored. I, honestly, wasn't about to give a crap for the multiplayer or the preorder bonuses. But, after seeing this...I'm changing my mind. I'm also looking forward to this game 100% more. I'm glad the multiplayer wasn't simplified to a shootfest and they actually are trying a class system.
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062136)
Posted by Blurrz on April 6th, 2010 @ 8:10pm CDT
Epic. Sauce.
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062137)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 6th, 2010 @ 8:11pm CDT
:shock: sooo....much....awsome :BOOM:

:KREMZEEK: :APPLAUSE: :KREMZEEK: :grin:
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062143)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 6th, 2010 @ 8:49pm CDT
Wow, that looks...fun!
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062151)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 6th, 2010 @ 9:32pm CDT
Ok, so, the Soldier's the general hurter/tank, Scientist is the medic, Scout is the stealthy spy, and Leader gives team buffs. I guess I'm OK with this. Does the Scout have a blunt beating instrument and exclaim, "BONK!"?
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062156)
Posted by Varia31 on April 6th, 2010 @ 9:52pm CDT

In my opinion so far regarding TF games:

Best single player: Transformers PS2 (Armada)

Best movie driven plotline: Transformers the Game (only because it follows closer than RoTF the game does)

Best multiplayer experience: Revenge of The Fallen the Game

Best overall TF game so far: Revenge of The Fallen the Game

But it definitely looks like WFC will outdo all of them. :D
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062164)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 6th, 2010 @ 10:27pm CDT
Varia31 wrote:*whistles* I can't believe I'm saying this, but this looks like it'll outdo RoTF's multiplayer, which is a great multiplayer game as well. This game looks to be the defining TF game we've always wanted, can't wait. :)

In my opinion so far regarding TF games:

Best single player: Transformers PS2 (Armada)

Best multiplayer experience: Revenge of The Fallen the Game

Best overall TF game so far: Revenge of The Fallen the Game

But it definitely looks like WFC will outdo all of them. :D

I notice the distinct lack of Awakening.
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062196)
Posted by vegetacron on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:06am CDT
Ok, so we have a game with thee best transformer animations ever.

Alot of the G1 characters.

Omega Supreme, yes, Omega FREAKIN Supreme!

A mature storyline that is interesting.

2 single player campaigns that sound fun.

Peter Cullen voicing the big OP.

Gorgeous graphics and gameplay.

A BADASS multiplayer mode that is reminiscent of Team Fortress 2.

You can customize your very own Transformer.

Just gonna go ahead and throw this out there now, BEST.GAME.EVER.
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062225)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on April 7th, 2010 @ 3:58am CDT
vegetacron wrote:BEST.GAME.EVER.

Seconded! :grin:
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062228)
Posted by GEEWUN on April 7th, 2010 @ 4:34am CDT
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062259)
Posted by dragons on April 7th, 2010 @ 8:05am CDT
slightly dissapointd with mutilpayer creat character i expected some body parts swapping but can deal with this.

upgrades? what types can we expect to see in the upgrade department
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062272)
Posted by autobot-jolt on April 7th, 2010 @ 8:35am CDT
GEEWUN wrote:Dude, that was FREAKING AWESOME! I can't wait for this game! Someone was playing as a white Optimus if anyone noticed (Ultra Magnus reference anyone?)

You stole what I was gonna say, dude! I agree. And yes, I thought Ultra Magnus too when I saw white OP. I thought of War Within UM when I saw him too.
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062304)
Posted by First-Aid on April 7th, 2010 @ 9:56am CDT
Thank god I put on my Depends before I saw that trailer because I wet myself when I watched it...oh my god this game looks AMAZING. I am also not normally a multiplayer person, but this just looks like total win buried in tasty awesomesauce.
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062306)
Posted by Varia31 on April 7th, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
1337W422102 wrote:

In my opinion so far regarding TF games:

Best single player: Transformers PS2 (Armada)

Best multiplayer experience: Revenge of The Fallen the Game

Best overall TF game so far: Revenge of The Fallen the Game

But it definitely looks like WFC will outdo all of them. :D

I notice the distinct lack of Awakening.

Yeah, sorry, I don't own, nor have I played Awakening. :-( It does look good though.
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062313)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on April 7th, 2010 @ 10:17am CDT
ummm... WOW!!! thats all i got to say
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062424)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 7th, 2010 @ 4:50pm CDT
Varia31 wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

In my opinion so far regarding TF games:

Best single player: Transformers PS2 (Armada)

Best multiplayer experience: Revenge of The Fallen the Game

Best overall TF game so far: Revenge of The Fallen the Game

But it definitely looks like WFC will outdo all of them. :D

I notice the distinct lack of Awakening.

I'm pretty sure Awakening would NOT be first in any of your categories.
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062430)
Posted by Varia31 on April 7th, 2010 @ 5:00pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote: I'm pretty sure Awakening would NOT be first in any of your categories.

You may have a point, I'm not big on RPGs or even mobile games for that matter. To me, it's always been:

Console games > portable games > mobile games

I've always preferred console games, and the only portables I ever play anymore are the Metroids I have, nothing else. I've never really liked mobile games. :-|
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062604)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on April 8th, 2010 @ 8:39am CDT
This is bitter-sweet news for me. It's bitter in the sense that I'm not at all impressed with the customization provided. It all seems to be the re-coloring of original characters and giving them new weapons and names. Notice the purple Ironhide or the White Prime. However, I've noticed that, or rather it seems to me that one of the base models for one of the robots was that of Jazz. Does that mean Jazz will make an appearance afterall in the main storyline? If so, totally sweet! :D Now just bring on Grimlock!
Re: War For Cybertron - Full Multiplayer Trailer Online! (1062668)
Posted by craggy on April 8th, 2010 @ 1:29pm CDT
AutobotJazz87 wrote:This is bitter-sweet news for me. It's bitter in the sense that I'm not at all impressed with the customization provided. It all seems to be the re-coloring of original characters and giving them new weapons and names. Notice the purple Ironhide or the White Prime.

Authentic Hasbro Style!

Definitely looked like Jazz. Grimlock would/will be great. Guess he'll be leader class.

The trailer itself-
My earlier fears are somewhat assuaged. It looks like this has been developed as a single-player game and a multiplayer game, as opposed to one with the other mode being adapted from it. I really hope so anyway. It definitely looks like the multiplayer aspect is one that has been well-planned out. Strange that it's taken this long for any real details to come out about it though, and that was part of what bothered me.
I like the idea of classes, I hope for a little bit more customisation, maybe the option to add some decals or different paint apps, not just making everything one uniform colour. The white Prime looked like it had blue hands at least, so seems likely. Weapon upgrades and alterations should be good too.
Nice if there are a few different models and alt modes available to each class, hopefully not all pre-order exclusives. Speaking of which, anyone heard of any pre-order incentives for the UK? Preferably in Game, Gamestation or HMV, as Amazon was too slow last time I pre-ordered a new release game.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES DELUXE THE LAST KNIGHT WWII AUTOBOT HOT ROD MISB #50" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Constructicons Long Haul Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.o.t.f  Fast Action Battlers Devastation blast long haul 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Action Figure LONG HAUL 42" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series Voyager Class - KSI Boss #43 US Seller!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations armada starscream MC Donald toy 2002 never opened." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG31 Rhinox" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Constructicons Devastator Lot - Long Haul Scrapper Bonecrusher +" on EBAY