Tuesday, May 11th, 2021 1:24pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Press Releases, Company News, Collectables
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 33,375

The Amazon exclusive 2-pack (subtitled 'Battle Across Time') of Grimlock and Mirage has been revealed! What's more, it's also up for preorder at Amazon, with a limited number of sets available at Hasbro Pulse (where Pulse Premium members have first access).

Grimlock is a new head retool and complete redeco of Kingdom Dinobot, paying homage to Grimlock's Beast Wars toy being a redeco of Dinobot. As such, he's listed as 'Maximal Grimlock.

Mirage is a retool of his Siege figure into an Earth-mode racecar, featuring the same head, unlike his previous Amazon exclusive figure, which featured a more G1 toy accurate head.

Read on for the official press release from Hasbro, as well as official pictures of the duo (and see if you notice how we may be getting a certain figure).

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Battle Across Time Collection Deluxe WFC-K40 Autobot Mirage and Maximal Grimlock

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/ Available: 11/1/2021)

The Deluxe WFC-K40 AUTOBOT MIRAGE and MAXIMAL GRIMLOCK Battle Across Time Collection includes a G1-inspired AUTOBOT MIRAGE figure standing at 5.5 inches tall that converts to Earth racecar mode in 20 steps and a Beast-Wars: Uprising-inspired MAXIMAL GRIMLOCK standing at 5.5 inches tall that converts to raptor mode in 28 steps. The figures come with 2 blaster accessories and MAXIMAL GRIMLOCK’s tail detaches from raptor mode to become 2 sword accessories!

The Battle Across Time Collection allows fans to experience the clash between G1 and Beast Wars with MAXIMAL and AUTOBOT team-ups! With DINOBOT, STARSCREAM, and WASPINATOR in pursuit, GRIMLOCK and MIRAGE must team up to keep the DECEPTICON-PREDACON threat at bay. Each Battle Across Time pack features exclusive art that creates an epic battle scene when combined (each sold separately, subject to availability).

Beastify the battlefield! Worlds collide when the MAXIMALS and PREDACONS join the fight, coming together with the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS in an epic battle that will alter their destiny forever. Adult fans nostalgic for the original TRANSFORMERS animation and kids discovering classic characters for the first time can share and experience exciting play patterns for all generations. Available now for pre-order on Amazon.

Transformers News: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104195)
Posted by Munkky on May 11th, 2021 @ 1:26pm CDT
This set looks good, and even better Hasbro Pulse UK will actually be stocking it! Though I don't know if it's something I really need in my collection. G1 Mirage has never been a character I've cared all that much about, but it's good to see an Earth mode version of the Seige mould finally happen, and while I am nostalgic for Beast Wars Grimlock and I think it's been done well here, I only recently bought Studio Series 1986 Grimlock so that's good enough for me.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104196)
Posted by sol magnus on May 11th, 2021 @ 1:30pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104197)
Posted by JazZeke on May 11th, 2021 @ 1:37pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:I'm probably going to sell the Grimlock, to be honest. Not doubling up on any Beast Wars sculpts.

My brother wants Grimlock but not Mirage. Any chance we could arrange something?
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104198)
Posted by sol magnus on May 11th, 2021 @ 1:39pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:

I'm sure there's a way. I pre-ordered it already.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104200)
Posted by Betenoire on May 11th, 2021 @ 1:43pm CDT
(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/ Available: 11/1/2021)
---

Must have been written pre pricing change as both Amazon and Pulse have it at $52.99 at the moment.

Which seems better than the Shattered Glass Megs jump.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104202)
Posted by bluecatcinema on May 11th, 2021 @ 1:49pm CDT
Is anyone else having trouble seeing the images?
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104204)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 11th, 2021 @ 1:53pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104205)
Posted by ScottyP on May 11th, 2021 @ 2:01pm CDT
Really diggin' that toy-style headsculpt on BW Grimlock. Hope the next time this mold gets some use it's a heavier retool for Thrustor
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104206)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on May 11th, 2021 @ 2:16pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:They both look good, but I have no attachment to Grimlock. Mirage, if the difference from the Siege version is significant enough, I'll try to get.

Let me know if you want to split a set, I’m more interested in Grimlock
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104208)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 11th, 2021 @ 2:28pm CDT
Broken pictures. Broken pictures everywhere
Appart that, Mirage is a big "meh" for me and that BW Grimlock look weird. I know it have nothing to do with the original, but I would have much prefered a repaint/retool of Beast Megatron for Grimlock.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104210)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on May 11th, 2021 @ 2:46pm CDT
Well... Grimlock and Mirage are a thing. Grimlock's not as good as I was expecting, but not terrible. Mirage is just confusing. They removed the shoulder mounting despite that being G1 accurate, plus they left the cannon unpainted, while painting the thighs in white instead of just molding in white. Seems very odd
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104211)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 11th, 2021 @ 3:03pm CDT
I love how they changed the “elf” tampograph from the original toy and replaced it with “orc.” That just warms my nerdy heart, lol! It’s nice to see that Mirage gets to keep his classic “26” racing number. Some other recent figures, like Wheeljack and Smokescreen, weren’t so lucky. I really hope the shoulder mounting functionality isn’t gone. It doesn’t look good from the pictures, but we haven’t seen every angle yet, and maybe there is an alternate way to do it that we haven’t yet seen. I’m a bit disappointed that this isn’t a straight upgrade to the Siege version of Mirage. Some details have been improved, while others have been changed for the worse or even lost altogether. I may end up keeping Siege Mirage as my main display piece for the character.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104212)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on May 11th, 2021 @ 3:09pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:So what do you think of this two-pack, Seibertronians? Are you excited to have both these figures? Click on any photo above to be taken to the Amazon listing, and let us know what you think below!

I really like Grimlock & I might get him loose off ebay. I definitely don't need another Mirage, I have all of the Siege versions.

Razorbeast88 wrote:That's so unfortunate you had that experience with Amazon. I haven't had any problems so far, though the only exclusive I've ordered was Barricade with P-CP.

I ordered 2 Ratchet/Lifeline sets back in November & they never shipped them. They finally canceled the order a week or two ago. I ended up buying Lifeline off ebay & Wolfman Jake from this forum hooked me up with Ratchet. That guy is AWESOME! I thought I was only getting a loose Ratchet but he sent everything minus Lifeline, I got the original box, instructions & plastic blister. I was fricken over the Moon!

And they didn't ship my Dirge/Ramjet set in a bigger shipping box. They just slapped the shipping labels right on the actual item. Took me an hour to remove the stickers & glue residue with a hair dryer & Goo-Gone. I called them about it & they gave me a partial refund, almost half price. So it worked out ok in the end.

Razorbeast88 wrote:As far as the YouTube channel, best of luck! Public speaking can be pretty difficult but maybe writing down what you want to say or bullet points of the things you want to say can help organize your thoughts. From there it's just rehearse rehearse rehearse! Memorization helps as well. From there you can record yourself with multiple takes to slowly practice taking out any awkard pauses or stop yourself from saying words like "um" or "like" too often. Its frustrating now but you'll get the hang of it! Can't wait to check it out

Thanks for the support. ;)^ I just need to keep practicing. My biggest problem are reviews because everybody else have been doing reviews for years. It feels like a waste of time & I want to do something different than everybody else. I don't want to simply copy. I'm probably not going to do reviews & just do comparisons & little customs tweaks.

I'm going to start with short customizing tutorials for beginners. I have about 25 planned so far.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104213)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on May 11th, 2021 @ 3:22pm CDT
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104215)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 11th, 2021 @ 3:27pm CDT

Comparisons with Dinobot when? :P
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104216)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on May 11th, 2021 @ 3:27pm CDT
Razorbeast88 wrote:I know I'd be watching all the customizing tutorials, I don't know jack about that sort of thing

I'm going to keep them short & to the point. I believe every toy collector needs some basic customizing skills.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104219)
Posted by Overcracker on May 11th, 2021 @ 5:03pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Surprised to see Grimlock not going for the dalmatian look. Also had to do a double take with the red on his dino head: turns out it's just lighting. Not in the cards yet for me I'm afraid...

Comparisons with Dinobot when? :P

The red on the Dino head is just lighting.

The Dalmatian spots are there, though confined to the gray area on his raptor back. you can just barely make out the black spots there in some pictures.

I'm on the fence. Don't know if I want this set. I already have Dinobot, and not sure I want Mirage that much even if he is a considerable retool from Siege.... Decisions... decisions.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104222)
Posted by Spider5800 on May 11th, 2021 @ 6:43pm CDT
That Tracks didn't turn out as bad as he originally looked, but still doesn't look great. Unfortunate, because he's one of my favorite characters. Still have my original Generations version of him, which is pretty outdated now, but this doesn't seem like much of an improvement.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104223)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on May 11th, 2021 @ 6:57pm CDT
I may be splitting that 2 pk with someone, but I'm just not sold on that Mirage...
And I'm not the biggest fan of that character to begin with.
I could probably be swayed, but we'll see. I'd probably be completely okay with him if he was being sold with ER Sideswipe.

I like Tracks enough, but yeah, the feet being connected to the legs they way they are... Ugh.
I will say I think the face and head sculpts look really good. Even if they don't give me much of a cartoon vibe.
I think the other aspect that's a bit disappointing for me is that I always thought he was relatively tall, and this version looks a bit too short.

I have him preordered through Target... I'll probably stick with it, but there's definitely enough time to cancel.
Re: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Amazon Exclusive Maximal Grimlock and Mirage Revealed and Up for Preorder (2104224)
Posted by Whifflefire on May 11th, 2021 @ 7:05pm CDT
This set is tempting, as I don't have a Mirage myself (my brother does, and he's getting Dinobot, so I wouldn't be double dipping either way) and that Grimlock is the closest thing I could get to a toy of a character from "The Gathering". But I did just drop $50 on a Grimlock already this year, and the line of budget limitations has to be drawn somewhere... I'll have to wait a bit.

In other news, Waspinator confirmed...?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY