War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd!

War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd!

Thursday, April 8th, 2010 7:00pm CDT

Categories: Game News, Press Releases
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 72,691

June 22nd. It's two days before Botcon, and most importantly it's the day of reckoning for Transformers gamers! War For Cybertron is set for release on five consoles, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and for the PC. GameSpot provided a bountiful amount of news concerning War For Cybertron, and they come through with the release date as well. You can check out the entire article here.

ImageImageImage

Transformers: War for Cybertron is ready to roll out June 22. Activision revealed the release date for its first original game based on the morphing robot series this week in a trailer offering a glimpse at the game's multiplayer modes.

While Activision has produced a number of Transformers games since it first acquired the license four years ago, those titles were directly based on the animated series or Michael Bay's big-budget feature films. War for Cybertron takes a different tack, portraying an event often referenced but rarely depicted in the brand's various treatments: the Autobot-Decepticon civil war on the robots' home planet.

Set for launch on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, DS, and PC, War for Cybertron will feature two story arcs, one with the heroic Autobots trying to save the planet, the other with the Decepticons in destructive pursuit of power. In addition to single-player action, the game features online co-op play, as well as head-to-head multiplayer modes. A Wii version of the game is also planned, but carries the title Transformers: Cybertron Adventures..........

ImageImageImage

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): GameSpot

Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062801)
Posted by capellamusic on April 8th, 2010 @ 7:08pm CDT
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062812)
Posted by Jenus on April 8th, 2010 @ 7:25pm CDT
This release date was already confirmed like a month or two ago, when I went to pre-order this at Gamestop it had already said June 22nd.
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062813)
Posted by Dragonslayer on April 8th, 2010 @ 7:27pm CDT
Splendid. I shall prepare accordingly and be ready 8)

God, I can't wait for multiplayer. Customizable Transformers FTW!!!
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062816)
Posted by vegetacron on April 8th, 2010 @ 7:30pm CDT
Yeah, thats what was on the end of that multiplayer video you guys linked 2 days ago. :P

Is it bad that i've watched that multiplayer video 20 times already, pausing at every part to see the weapons and 'classes'? Idk, but heres to watching it 200 more times and then some before 6/22! ;)^
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062842)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 8th, 2010 @ 8:53pm CDT
I already knew about this but its just 6 days before my birthday! Isnt it wierd how all this TF stuff comes out around my birthday? The first movie came out 6 days after my birthday, ROTF came out 4 days before my birthday, Botcon is happening 5 days to 1 day before my birthday, War for Cybertron comes out 6 days before my birthday, and TF 3 comes out 3 days after my birthday! Am I special or what!?
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062846)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 8th, 2010 @ 9:12pm CDT
You know what sucks? I will be at BotCon when this game is released.
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062855)
Posted by Shadowman on April 8th, 2010 @ 9:38pm CDT
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062873)
Posted by Swiftpaw on April 8th, 2010 @ 10:31pm CDT
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062875)
Posted by Shadowman on April 8th, 2010 @ 10:46pm CDT
Swiftpaw wrote:Any idea why the Wii version has a different subtitle? Or is Nintendo just being whiny about having 'war' in the name of a game again?

It didn't stop Call of Duty: World at War, Battalion Wars, or Star Wars. From what I've heard, it's barely even the same game, which is probably why the name was changed. The Wii version, and I haven't seen it so grab a grain of salt or two here, supposed to look a bit more like Robot Heroes: The Game.
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062956)
Posted by GEEWUN on April 9th, 2010 @ 7:54am CDT
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062968)
Posted by autobot-jolt on April 9th, 2010 @ 8:38am CDT
GEEWUN wrote:I have a wii but I am not getting it for wii. I will get it for PC instead because the graphics, multiplayer and overall gameplay will be better.

same here.
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1062988)
Posted by First-Aid on April 9th, 2010 @ 9:50am CDT
Shadowman wrote:Good things June 23rd this year is my 21st birthday. Booze and Transformers, just like God intended.

It's the only way to go, comrade. I'm getting a fresh bottle of Chivas Regal 16 y/o just for that reason...my birthday is the 26th. :grin:
Re: War For Cybertron - Release Date is June 22nd! (1063059)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 9th, 2010 @ 1:01pm CDT

Because the PS3 and 360 are getting the real version of the game while the Wii is getting a stripped down, online-play lacking, piece of crap.

Want to argue the point? Compare what the Wii got for RotF with what the other systems got.

The Wii is great for Nintendo games (and No More Heroes!), pretty much bad for everything else.

Oh yea, I took it there. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -Combiner Wars- Optimus Maximus - Ironhide Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Combiner Wars - Menasor - With Comics and Cards" on EBAY