Transformers News: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 8:29PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 11,132

The Robots in Disguise wave of warrior class figures including Thermidor and Bludgeon has finally hit the US, half a year after this final wave hit the rest of the world. It is great news though since final waves usually suffer from lack of proper distribution due to retailers preferring to stock a new line.

This particular sighting comes from MegaX Master who found Robots in Disguise Thermidor and Bludgeon at Walmart in Rifle Colorado.
For those curious to see what these toys are all about, or for those hesitant about purchasing these, we have a pictorial review of Bludgeon and Thermidor.

There is only one of each of these in every case of eight figures. These two have been highly anticipated by Americans who really hoped not to have to resort to the secondary market so please post your findings in the sightings section and sightings forum.

Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1926749)
Posted by kurthy on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:20pm CST
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1926752)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:28pm CST
One in every case? Ugh, Bludgeon’s gunna be hard to find... :-(
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1926753)
Posted by william-james88 on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:34pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:One in every case? Ugh, Bludgeon’s gunna be hard to find... :-(

He is available solo online

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... er=HSC2346

Oh and if anyone is not sure, allI can say is dont wait for these aftermarket prices:

Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1926755)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:39pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

He is available solo online

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... er=HSC2346

Willy J, I could kiss you right now. :x
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1926769)
Posted by sideswipe6520 on December 14th, 2017 @ 11:05pm CST
didn't find either of those guys tonight. BUT I did find Legion Twinferno at my local Target.
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1926783)
Posted by Deadput on December 15th, 2017 @ 2:55am CST
I really like that Bludgeon figure but it's a shame he, Twinferno and Stormshot wasn't on the show, I'm kind of sick of Transformer toylines not delivering the characters that are actually on screen and giving us cool looking characters who are not on the show.

I'm not asking for the one episode characters...which this toyline had a couple such as Blastwave who doesn't even look like he does on the show but where are better figures of recurring characters such as Underbite and Clampdown? Or proper Stunticons?!

I would prefer it to be like the first couple Movie toylines that had all the film characters (Bar some Contructicons at a scale beyond legends) with additional Toyline only characters that "shared" a line with screen characters and not replaced some of them.

If your toy commercial tv shows can't have characters that have figures then don't bother making them in the show at all.
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1926948)
Posted by Emerje on December 16th, 2017 @ 5:44am CST
kurthy wrote:BRILLIANT!!! Let's limit the new decos to 2 of 8 and make sure the rest of the case is full of bumblebee, Optimus prime, and windblade! Great thinking Hasbro! :rodimusstar: :HEADHURTS:

Well, you're partly right. There's not Windblade, but there is Strongarm and Grimlock in the case. The bright point is that there's also two Twinferno in the case which is good since he's been hard to find as well.

Emerje
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1927271)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 19th, 2017 @ 12:26am CST
With the ending of any Transformers toyline, there's always the worry that line-ending waves (and any new figures in said waves) will be hard to find or in some cases, won't be found at all. In the particular case of the Robots in Disguise line, the final waves of Legion-class figures, distribution has been spotty at best, but thankfully, seems to be making it to more and more markets. Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Prismartyr, we can report that Legion-class Twinferno has made his way down under to Australia! He sent us some in-package and in-hand images featuring the tiny dragon-headed/handed Autobot, found at a Coles store in Lisarow, New South Wales.

Have any of you found Twinferno or other line-ending figures in your corners of the world? If so, please take a moment to note your sightings here, on our sightings page, and in your own, local, sightings forums!
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1927278)
Posted by Prismartyr on December 19th, 2017 @ 4:39am CST
Thanks for posting this guys.
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1929358)
Posted by Va'al on January 3rd, 2018 @ 3:21am CST
The holiday season is almost over for many countries and cultures (though we have yet to enter the lunar calendar festivities, of course) but in a number of lagging, lapsed, or observant Catholic communities the Epiphany is just round the corner - meaning that Italy has a whole new holiday to gear up for on the commercial front, with the tradition of Befana (a witch-like character who brings sweets and coal to nice and naughty children respectively on the night between 5th and 6th January), and stockings are currently in shops next to the sale of Christmas merch, also including Transformers Robots in Disguise-themed goods!

The images below come from a variety of shops in the country (Carrefour, Coop, Conad, Esselunga) but are almost entirely distributed by Walcor's, much like the advent calendar we reported on here, and also include two mugs filled with chocolates, with prints of Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. Check it out!

Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1929421)
Posted by Sunstar on January 3rd, 2018 @ 10:47am CST
Bee and prime, because there aren't any other characters....

Sarcasm aside, that's still pretty cool. I would have killed to have a stocking (bee or prime) at christmas - of course I would prefer Decepticons... that's me... But still really cool.
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1929702)
Posted by o.supreme on January 4th, 2018 @ 9:28am CST
Greetgins all,

This is kind of a break-in conversation form another thread, but it applies more here thabn in the PotP thread, so I wanted to keep things OT.

basically, I'm nto a fan of the RiD15 line, but I'm not here to bash it, I just want some objective opinons and comparisons. I've had a few figures suggested as shining examples of how Rid15 was, but they are characters I have no desire to own, so the only thing I can do is compare...

I'd like to get an honest comparison between---- Transformers Titans Return Twinferno & Rid15 Twinferno -which overall is better? and why would you say so... (I own TR Twinferno, and I think it is a great toy, I saw RiD15 Twinferno yesterday, and wasn't really impressed based on what I saw in the package)

Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1929715)
Posted by kurthy on January 4th, 2018 @ 10:05am CST
o.supreme wrote:Greetgins all,

I've not heard great things about RID twinferno, but I haven't been able to track him down to get an in-hand account.

The RID windblade mold actually stands which is much better than the T30 windblade (haven't gotten TR yet). If you compare T30 WB to RID WB, you'll think T30 is the cheap knockoff because the plastic is much better on RID. My biggest gripe is that the arms are just tabbed into the side, but this is a problem most jetformers have lately including T30 WB. Did I mention RID WB can actually stay together in jet-mode?

These are far from the best of the line though. Ratchet is a really fun remold of Strongarm, but needs some reprolabels. Drift is great unless you get the deployer or 3step. Thunderhoof and Fracture are the two best warriors. Soundwave is fun but has exposed arms. Starscream and skywarp are meh jetformers. Bisk, scorponok, quillfire are great, well-engineered toys. I'd stay away from sideswipe, Optimus, the jets, and bee. The rest of the warrior class are on par with T30/CW deluxes, but I think they fall a hair short of the TR deluxes.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that the only gimmick they have is being able to transform. The warriors don't even have pegs for the minicons (I honestly wish Hasbro had included a few pegs to attach the minicons, just like they did for the 3 steps and deployers).
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1929721)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 4th, 2018 @ 10:17am CST
We'll start with your first question: Twinferno. The TR one is far superior to the RiD one. The RiD one is the simplist warrior from the line and is not as heavy as the others. He also does a bit less, and the main fun thing from him are the flame accessories. Now that's not to say I don't like him, as he's made a great ceiling fan cling, but the TR one is more involved and more fun overall.

As for Windblade, I personally think her TR figure is the best of the 3 so far, though the warrior is no slouch, and you have the 2 options of regular Windblade and faceplate Windblade (I have the regular. She transforms pretty much the same as the TR one with some slightly different leg transformations, and she holds together nicely, can pose, and can stand. Her sword is very boring though, the T30 and TR Windblade having better weapons. So with Windblade, between TR and RiD, you can't really go wrong.

As for other figures in the line, Thunderhoof is great, one of my new favorite Decepticons thanks to the show, and he has a great figure. Fracture is a standout figure from any of the recent lines, and him being a bike with a giant rifle makes up for him being slightly lighter than the rest of the figures. Quillfire and Bisk and their repaints are great figures that are very unique and are fun in every respect. Ratchet makes for a pretty good generations Ratchet, and he is standing on my LL shelf with Drift. Drift is also a pretty decent figure, though the best (which I never got but wanted to) was his Takara one with a new head based on IDW's design. Bludgeon and Megatronus are also very decent tank formers who have great robot modes, fun tank modes, and some fun transformations.

You should give some of the RiD guys a try, there are some gems that were better than any CW deluxes and most of the TR guys too
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1930124)
Posted by Va'al on January 6th, 2018 @ 4:37am CST
If you were into Transformers: Robot in Disguise, you may have come across the tiny collectable items (in blind bags) known as Tiny Titans - non-transformable, but quite dynamically sculpted little bots of the cast from the show. The figures also came with collectable cards, featuring artwork of the accompanying character, such as the one recently posted by artist Emiliano Santalucia on his Facebook art page!

Check out below a rendition of the leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime, as he dazzles into an action pose, ion cannon and battlemask and all. What do you think of the artist's take on the style of the show's animation? Did you ever collect the cards or figures? Join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1930197)
Posted by william-james88 on January 6th, 2018 @ 2:04pm CST
o.supreme wrote:Same for Windblade. Although I've only seen Rid Windblade up close at B&M, its a nice way to compare two versions of the same character. If a fan could only choose one, why would they pick one over the other?

Everything about the RID line is about originality. Design, characters and transformations. So it really shines most when the characters are new. So for characters like Windblade and Twinferno, even though they arent bad they are not the best either. The titans return version for both of those characters is better.

Here is a review for RID Twinferno : https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ise/38894/

And here is a review for TR windblade which compares her to all windblades in the past: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ade/39067/

To truly enjoy the RID line and get the most out of it, you have to check out the new characters.

And only stick with either the Legion class, warrior class or Battle pack class.
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1930222)
Posted by ebo716 on January 6th, 2018 @ 5:40pm CST
There are listings for Thermidor and Bludgeon on Hasbro Toy Shop, but it says they are out of stock.
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1930291)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on January 7th, 2018 @ 3:43am CST
As asked above, I did (well still do if I can find them) collect the Tiny Titans blind pack figures. For the most part I really liked the little figures, reminded me of the G1 Decoys, expect that they were individually colored and painted (kind of) /:) . I also like that they had more then just RID characters in the line-up, that was pretty cool. And yes since I collected the figures I also collected the cards that came with them. For the price I think they were worth it and the art on the cards was pretty nice considering. ;)^
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1936369)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 6th, 2018 @ 8:15pm CST
So a friend of mine is having surgery and I wanted to get her a gift for when she's recovering. Her favorite TF is Jazz. I found this god awful example of price gouging. Amazon aught to have a rule about this, its absolute garbage.

Oh look toywiz scalped it, what a fragging surprise. >:oP

I don't even know who would pay 70$ for a warrior class figure anyways. People have more money than brains evidently. I mean I am a fan of the character but with the lack of paint apps on this figure it's not worth more than retail imho. It's got a very fun transformation but there is no way it's worth 70 bucks. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Warrior Class Bludgeon and Thermidor from Transformers: Robots in Disguise Finally Found in the US (1936378)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2018 @ 8:29pm CST
Its been like this since the beginning of amazon market place, I dont find any of this surprising.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Starscream | Leader Class | HFTD | Transformers | Hasbro | 2010" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON HERO MASHERS Transformers Mash Ups Hasbro MIP" on EBAY
Buy "BRAND NEW TRANSFORMERS NEMESIS PRIME POWER OF THE PRIMES AMAZON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Decepticon Stinger Plush Stuffed Figure 16" AR175" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Optimus Prime, Year of the Horse, Masterpiece Ver." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Adventure Steeljaw (Robots in Disguise)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Legends Legion Strafe" on EBAY
Buy "2010 Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech STARSCREAM Deluxe Action Figure" on EBAY