Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US

Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US

Thursday, February 18th, 2021 6:16pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,139

A photo, first posted in the "Transformers Collectors Group" page, of a nicely stocked Walmart made the rounds on Facebook. While the shelves weren't overflowing, there was lots of new stock like the latest Cyberverse deluxe toys, the Netflix figures, SS86 Grimlock and the second wave of Headmasters. These are redecos of headmasters we got in Titans Return using the Japan exclusive heads the Takara versions had. And they come in G1 packaging. Wave 2 consists of Weirdwolf, Highbrow and Skullcruncher. There is no word yet if Weirdwolf has been fixed or not (both the Hasbro and Takara version had major breakage issues).

This sighting comes from California but these are apparently making their way across the US.

Transformers News: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US

This article was last modified on Friday, February 19th, 2021 12:17pm CST

Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2095921)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 18th, 2021 @ 8:15pm CST
Well, if he hasn't... shaving off the outermost millimeter or so on either side of the hinge portion of the glazing should do the trick.
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2095929)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 18th, 2021 @ 11:40pm CST
Hoping to find the two Decepticon Headmasters. Highbrow I can take or leave, the American headsculpt isn’t too different from the Japanese one.
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2095967)
Posted by soundwave765 on February 19th, 2021 @ 10:15am CST
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2095969)
Posted by hausjam on February 19th, 2021 @ 11:14am CST
"a nicely stocked Walmart"

Only in Atlantis and El Dorado
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2095978)
Posted by o.supreme on February 19th, 2021 @ 1:17pm CST
soundwave765 wrote:Wave 2!? Wave one hasn't even hit my area. The distribution of these figures are a cruel joke.

Agreed. I live in the same state as this sighting (although Northern CA and Southern CA might as well be different countries) ;) .

I saw a single Chromedome ONCE, and that's it.
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2095981)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 19th, 2021 @ 1:32pm CST
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2095984)
Posted by aronjlove on February 19th, 2021 @ 1:52pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:I just need Mindwipe from Wave 1... hoping they fixed the tolerances on his rubbery bits. All 3 of Wave 2 are on my list, Highbrow top priority (just to finish the Autobot lineup). >:oP

Highbrow and Hardhead for me to finish the Autobots, outside of Fort Max who I ain't buying at eBay prices. I have the TR Mindwipe but one of the batwing tips broke off.
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096010)
Posted by aronjlove on February 19th, 2021 @ 8:07pm CST
My Walmart had one each, Chromedome, Hardhead, Mindwipe, Brainstorm, and Weirdwolf. I got my Hardhead.
PHOTO_20210219_182206.jpg

PHOTO_20210219_183024.jpg
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096026)
Posted by william-james88 on February 20th, 2021 @ 6:33am CST
aronjlove wrote:

Wait, Fort Max is actually expensive now? I remember him being worth less than retail once.
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096029)
Posted by aronjlove on February 20th, 2021 @ 8:41am CST
william-james88 wrote:
aronjlove wrote:

Yeah, he is in the $300 range from what I have seen.
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096031)
Posted by sol magnus on February 20th, 2021 @ 9:58am CST
I already had Skullcruncher, but I needed all the others. Just waiting for Weirdwolf and Highbrow.

Maybe they'll do a re-issue of Fortress Maximus. Maybe I'll buy it if they do.
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096032)
Posted by aronjlove on February 20th, 2021 @ 10:50am CST
Holy crap, it's my lucky weekend. I've now seen all of wave 1 and 2, and I got my Hardhead and Highbrow ;)^
PHOTO_20210220_091520.jpg

This Walmart was stocked today, rather surprised.
PHOTO_20210220_091528.jpg
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096040)
Posted by william-james88 on February 20th, 2021 @ 2:13pm CST
hausjam wrote:"a nicely stocked Walmart"

Only in Atlantis and El Dorado

There's one pictured right above this comment
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096051)
Posted by aronjlove on February 20th, 2021 @ 5:55pm CST
Well, these two Autobot Headmasters keep the skies and ground clear of Decepticons.
PHOTO_20210220_123734.jpg

I own TR Quake so I knew what to expect with Hardhead and my only complaint is the mount for the tank cannon is pretty loose compared to Quake. And Highbrow still has the neck issue, the mount for the Headmaster/Titanmaster sits high and is a little loose so the head is a little floppy.
PHOTO_20210220_164158.jpg

Even with these two complaints, I am very happy with my purchase and I now have all four warriors from the sky.
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096248)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 23rd, 2021 @ 2:57am CST
aronjlove wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
aronjlove wrote:

Yeah, he is in the $300 range from what I have seen.
Damn... I'm glad I got mine back in 2018 for $109 then.

I wonder if perhaps Scorponok has driven Fort Max's price up.
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096253)
Posted by snavej on February 23rd, 2021 @ 8:24am CST
A few years ago, I was having dreams of shelves full of G1-style boxes containing superior versions of familiar Transformers. It was very pleasant. These Headmasters look like those dream models. ;)^
Re: Wave 2 of Walmart Exclusive Headmaster in G1 Packaging Found in US (2096394)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on February 24th, 2021 @ 8:05pm CST
Man, I saw Hardhead and Mindwipe... If I see Skullcruncher I think I'm going to have to get him.
He'll be my one and only Headmaster figure in my collection.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Head Robots Transformers Hot Head Duro-5 Military assault Driver parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers studio series Hot Rod, Jazz, Blurr #86" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS Fall of Cybertron DELUXE Autobot Air Raid Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE Lot of  Clear Blue Panels #K101531" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 4 YELLOW CAUTION BRICKS" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 7 Grey Panels #K101493" on EBAY