Thursday, July 12th, 2007 6:35pm CDT

Category: Site News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 6,684

I thought my current server setup would be enough to handle the traffic. It seems that it is, but we just don't have enough bandwidth to handle the site. We're almost at our limit for the month already which is 2,000GB (we're at 1600 already on the 11th). I get billed $.50 per Gig over my limit. At the rate we're going, we're going to go over by about 2,000 gig (which means I'll be billed an additional $1,000 next month if something doesn't change).

I'm basically going to throw an additional $200 per month at the site so we're nearing the $700 point for the 2 servers. I refuse to limit features on this site while we're getting whacked with all of this extra traffic (double what we were doing last month). Here's the new IP address: http://74.53.137.200/

UPDATE: The site was too big to do a straight copy of the current website to the new server. I got most of it the first time through, but it appears there were some things that didn't make it such as the /comics/ diretory and some of the toy gallery directories such as /images/toys/files/24 (universe) and /images/toys/files/40 (movie).

I really, really, really need all of your help to comb through the new server to see what's missing. I need to find out what content hasn't been ported over yet that I've overlooked.

This is going to happen very quickly (as in this weekend). The more of you that help find things that aren't working properly on the front end, the sooner we'll be able to get everybody moved over to the new server.

Please test everything - old sections, new sections, image galleries, links in news posts, etc. Post all problems that you discover in this thread from missing images to missing sections/pages. I will be fixing bugs throughout the night on the new site.

Please note that any posts you make on the new site will be made here as well. Both sites are working off the same database, which is hosted on a separate server. The only exceptions are uploading images to the forums and for the staff to upload images for the news section.

Thank you all for your help!

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 12th, 2007 7:09pm CDT

Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217442)
Posted by Airhawk on July 12th, 2007 @ 6:40pm CDT
Two problems I noticed

1) The News bar on the left hand side of the site is listing older news, not todays news

2)I get a Redirection status Error when I try to post from the other site that asks me to click another link which leads to the same page
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217443)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on July 12th, 2007 @ 6:40pm CDT
no prob, my man. you can count on us!
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217467)
Posted by waylandcool on July 12th, 2007 @ 6:51pm CDT
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217475)
Posted by Hotrod on July 12th, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT
waylandcool wrote:Some images in the news column are not appearing, like the image for "New Deluxe Bumblebee and Unleashed Prime Out in the U.S." feature. Everything looks ok so far

:-? It is showing for me.
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217491)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 12th, 2007 @ 6:58pm CDT
I love this site and would do anything to help, and even though I work for the internet...

I promise you I shouldn't be touching computer stuff!

However, everything I tried here seems to be working perfect.
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217494)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 12th, 2007 @ 6:59pm CDT
Well, nothing much going on at work, might as well have a play through the "new site".
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217502)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:02pm CDT
I cannot log in via firefox.
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217513)
Posted by -Soundwave- on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:06pm CDT
Nor can I log out via Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217525)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:10pm CDT
Airhawk wrote:Two problems I noticed

Both of these errors have been resolved.
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217526)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:11pm CDT

I uploaded the latest images from the old server to the new server for the news section.
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217530)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:11pm CDT
Hotrod wrote:

:-? It is showing for me.

Are you sure you are viewing http://74.53.137.200 ?
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217532)
Posted by Night~GONE on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:11pm CDT
works for me
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217534)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:12pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:I cannot log in via firefox.

This should be all set now. I'm currently using Firefox and logged into 74.53.137.200.
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217535)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:12pm CDT
-Soundwave- wrote:Nor can I log out via Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Logout error fixed.
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217538)
Posted by Hotrod on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:13pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Hotrod wrote:

:-? It is showing for me.

Are you sure you are viewing http://74.53.137.200 ?

Maybe I was looking at the wrong one.
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217543)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:15pm CDT
Lord~Megatron wrote:works for me

Please keep looking. There have to be more things that aren't working. I'm good at what I do ... but not that good. Please look harder! There's got to be more things that aren't right. :D
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217550)
Posted by Hotrod on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:18pm CDT
There are images added to the sighting section that are not showing up:

Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217560)
Posted by mattyc1007 on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:21pm CDT
logging in is ay ok
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217566)
Posted by Hotrod on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:23pm CDT
Re: We need your help ... we're switching servers. Please help us TEST the new site. (217570)
Posted by qwailo on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:24pm CDT
I've checked loads of the toy galleries and so far so good.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Pounce and Wingspan Incomplete Transformers G1 Hasbro 1987 Vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise - WFC / Pounce Wingspan Decepticon Twin Set War Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Action Figure Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vector Prime & Safeguard Voyager Class 2005 complete working sound" on EBAY