What do you think of this new Optimus Bust?

What do you think of this new Optimus Bust?

Wednesday, August 12th, 2020 10:45pm CDT

Category: Collectables
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 33,714

Mighty Jaxx had given us a Soundwave bust featuring him all blinged out and being a DJ. And now we get a new bust from them for Optimus Prime, which they recently revealed on Facebook. Unlike Soundwave, Optimus here looks very different from his G1 self. This is because it comes from designer Clogtwo who lends it his iconic Mechasoul style. This is where the innards of a famous character are revealed to be machine. But in Optimus's case, this is already the case. It is available for preorder now at www.mightyjaxx.com for the price of $359 (shipping included).

Transformers News: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust?

Transformers News: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust?

Transformers News: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust?

Credit(s): Mighty Jaxx

Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075869)
Posted by First-Aid on August 12th, 2020 @ 11:28pm CDT
I would pay for a line of figures with this aesthetic as long as they can still transform. This is a really sweet new take on O.P. This is what I would have envisioned Transtech to be...
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075870)
Posted by TulioDude on August 12th, 2020 @ 11:28pm CDT
It looks a darker version of the Animated design.
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075872)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 12th, 2020 @ 11:55pm CDT
For me, a bust is.... a bust! :lol:

I never understood the appeal even cince they were a thing in Antiquity. I want to see the WHOLE body in scupture.
This make looking at this bust frustrating because the whole Optimus may be BEEF and BAD-ASS as hell!
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075875)
Posted by william-james88 on August 13th, 2020 @ 12:04am CDT
For all those wondering, my first choice for the article's title was "What do you think of Optimus' New Bust"
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075877)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on August 13th, 2020 @ 12:29am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:For me, a bust is.... a bust! :lol:

Agreed... Although I don't think I need the whole body sculpted... But usually when I see busts done of almost any character, they're cut-off to where it looks awkward.
But that Prime does have a cool aesthetic.

Way better than DJ Baby Soundwave...
Huge head, small body, and stubby arms... Sweet.
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075881)
Posted by Deadput on August 13th, 2020 @ 3:40am CDT
Looks like Battle Master Optimus Prime

Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075886)
Posted by Emerje on August 13th, 2020 @ 6:15am CDT
Deadput wrote:Looks like Battle Master Optimus Prime

When I first saw the bust I was going to go look for a picture of one of these, but you beat me to it. This isn't for me. I don't mind redesigns, but this doesn't scream "OPTIMUS PRIME" to me. For starters it looks evil, I would have a hard time believing this was a noble, heroic leader. Second, it's a bit generic. Yeah, it's neat looking, but remove the obvious OP stuff like the antennas, stacks and windows (especially the last two which look tacked on) it could really be any bot. Paint it white and it's a new Gundam, paint it black and it's a new Gigantor.

And what's with the floppy disk on his shoulder?

Emerje
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075888)
Posted by griftimus prime on August 13th, 2020 @ 7:33am CDT
with all of the details being black. the damage and aging lines also black muddy it up. and the disk on the shoulder has to go.
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075889)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on August 13th, 2020 @ 7:50am CDT

But, like, that's just my humble opinion :)
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075893)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 13th, 2020 @ 8:36am CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:Honestly...? I think it looks like the ugly hate child of a football jock and mutated TMNT Casey Jones. It shares none of the qualities of nobility of Optimus Prime and if someone gave this to me I would probably have to bury it in the backyard of a church graveuard in case it came with some sort of cybertronian satanic curse.

But, like, that's just my humble opinion :)

Oof. SAVAGE! :lol:
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075903)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on August 13th, 2020 @ 9:16am CDT
It looks like Prime would have some kind of creepy skeletal face if you pulled that mask down. Bludgeon Prime?
Optimus Prime pfft, more like an Evangelion unit.
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075907)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 13th, 2020 @ 10:03am CDT
I dig the look! While it may seem a little too similar to the Battle Mashers and some details look odd like the Autobot insignia looking fairly incomplete and the floppy disk (which is based on how he returned in the Marvel Comics), this design needs more than a bust but a full body! Feels refreshing to not have an Optimus design that looks like the Evergreen one (even though that design's pretty good, too)
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075920)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on August 13th, 2020 @ 1:19pm CDT
Im just going to go with it's rather horifying
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075924)
Posted by Kamijou Touma on August 13th, 2020 @ 2:34pm CDT
All I can say is what are they thinking. It looks like a bad KO.
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075925)
Posted by Dark Ops on August 13th, 2020 @ 4:00pm CDT
"When Darkmount is ashes, you have my permission to die."
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075949)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 13th, 2020 @ 7:26pm CDT
why is there a floppy drive on his shoulder
Re: What do you think of this new Optimus Bust? (2075959)
Posted by Solipsist on August 13th, 2020 @ 10:05pm CDT
This is NOT MY OPTIMUS. LOL. Seriously, this looks terrible. Anyone else out there remember the old early 1990's animated TV show from channel MTV called "THE MAXX"?! This reminds of that for some reason. Maybe its the face. :HEADHURTS: [-(

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron  Siege Decepticon Seeker Jetfire LAST SET" on EBAY
Buy "2016 McDONALD'S HAPPY MEAL TOY TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE GRIMLOCK MASK! " on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kre-O Robots in Disguise Decepticon Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STEELJAW ROBOTS IN DISGUISE NEW IN PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID: Landfill - Grimlock, Heavyload, Hightower, Wedge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 One Browning Fist  ( Super God Masterforce)" on EBAY
Buy "Shockwave vs Tankor Mini-Con Class 2005 NEW MOSC RID Cybertron Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Optimash Prime Optimus Transformers Hasbro Playskool -NEW SEALED" on EBAY