Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue

Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue

Thursday, September 20th, 2018 9:12pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,559

While we reported a reissue for Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy back in March, we never got more than Chinese language listings. This reissue appears to be a domestic Chinese release and there are currently almost no retailers outside China offering him for purchase. But we did find one listing for fans outside China. TF-Direct, a Transformers collectibles site based in Vancouver, Canada (with direct ties to China), is offering this reissue. As of right now, there is no final price given, but you can leave a $20 deposit to secure yourself one. It is due out at the end of this year. Shipping would be free to the US.

As mentioned in the chinese listings, this release has fixed hips (an issue which was fixed in the previous reissue) but aside from that it should be the same figure as before. It does come with all the accessories that came with the original Takara version (like the trailer).

For those who want a shot at owning this figure, you can find the listing here.

Transformers News: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue

Credit(s): tf direct

Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985178)
Posted by galvatron00 on September 21st, 2018 @ 8:13am CDT
I just want the dang trailer for the low low price of somehow no cost to me. :lol:
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985212)
Posted by Lore Keeper on September 21st, 2018 @ 12:36pm CDT
Very interested, but I want to see the final price before I put money down on this guy.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985322)
Posted by Bucky on September 22nd, 2018 @ 5:39am CDT

For anyone who doesn’t have an MP Hot Rod/Rodimus this is a very cool opportunity to get him, all his accessories and the trailer. And a fixed version at that. I never had any issues with mine, save for the fact that I could never get his arms in correctly in alt mode.

I want to say that the price tag is a little but much, but the way the price of MPs has been trending I guess it’s not? If I remember correctly I think I only paid $70 for Rodimus in a TRU. At the time I thought it was extravagant. :lol:

Slightly off topic. Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but I feel like Has/Tak have been pushing Hot Rod a lot this last year or two. Like, a lot a lot. It makes me think that, with the movie-verse being rebooted, they’re trying to get his character out there as much as possible, because the plan is to have him take center stage sometime soon.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985337)
Posted by Lore Keeper on September 22nd, 2018 @ 7:41am CDT
Bucky wrote:MP Hot Rod/Rodimus was my first MP so I have a soft spot for him, but I don’t need another. Especially since I want to pick up the MP Targetmaster Version of Hot Rod at some point. I’d really love to have that trailer though. Too bad it isn’t sold separately.

Nah, it's going to be a swarm of Bees for the next thirty years! :shock:
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985345)
Posted by theguru1974 on September 22nd, 2018 @ 9:02am CDT
One problem. The TFS-Express site isn't letting me check out with a US address, it's giving me an error about no shipping carriers available to that destination. I emailed their customer service to ask what's up, but it would have been nice for someone to look into this before posting :)

Eric
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985426)
Posted by Emerje on September 22nd, 2018 @ 8:21pm CDT

Emerje
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985443)
Posted by Shegotron on September 22nd, 2018 @ 10:28pm CDT
Emerje wrote:I've decided, I already have the perfect MP Hot Rod, I'll just hold out and wait for Takara Tomy to make a better Rodimus Prime.

Emerje

Right. I'd rather Takara give us an updated, far less fragile MP Rodimus Prime that doesn't switch to Hot Rod.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1993421)
Posted by Darkmatterx76 on November 10th, 2018 @ 1:02am CST
So, the MP9 version 2 came with the trailer right? Did it fix the QC problems? I'm hearing different stories. Also was the chrome chipping off problem fixed by the time they released version 2? The higher Takara MP Hot Rod does NOT come with the trailer correct? Lastly, if I'm reading this right, this Hot Rod in this story is NOT from Takara so it is a KO.

Do I have that right? If someone has answers to my questions that would be great!
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1993616)
Posted by theguru1974 on November 11th, 2018 @ 2:23pm CST
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1994286)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 16th, 2018 @ 10:41am CST
IMO if anything's a knockoff it's the Hasbro release for not including so much as a cardboard mockup of the camper shell. Because they thus released a Rodimus Prime with no means of actually turning into Rodimus Prime's vehicle mode.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1995146)
Posted by Darkmatterx76 on November 23rd, 2018 @ 8:24am CST
theguru1974 wrote:This re-release is certainly NOT a knockoff. V2 did fix the QC issues, that was the whole point of a v2. The more recent Hot Rod release did not come with a trailer as it was Hot Rod, not Rodimus Prime.

Sorry, I'm new to the MP line. So a new Rodimus (MP-9) with the Convoy IS coming from Takara Tomy either the end of this year or the beginning of next, or is it a Chinese company, aka KO?

Thanks,

DM
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1995254)
Posted by william-james88 on November 24th, 2018 @ 2:27pm CST
Darkmatterx76 wrote:

Thanks,

DM

It is an official reissue of the Takara toy released by Hasbro Asia exclusives for China. So yes, it is the takara toy, but not sold in japan, just sold in China. So not a KO.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1995464)
Posted by Amelie on November 26th, 2018 @ 8:38am CST

Emerje

I totally agree and a 3rd party already showed us a "full on" Rodimus Prime was possible. I wasn't a fan of DX9-Carry (as in general, I prefer the animation model to the Studio OX one), but the Transformation is pretty genius and I have faith that Takara can pull off something similar that is more to my taste.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1996085)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 29th, 2018 @ 6:33pm CST
Remember aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way back in March when a reissue of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy was annouced? Well, it seems we are finally getting some new information regarding this new reissue!

Thanks to our site sponsors BigBadToyStore and TFsource, we have new images and pre-orders live for the reissue! The reissue of MP-09 comes in at a cost of $229.99, and is supposed to fix many of the mold issues noted in previous versions, such as the exploding knees that have probably kept many collectors from transforming him since he came out.

This new reissue includes all the original accessories, and it appears as though the deco is also spot on for the original as well. The big wow factor for this masterpiece is Rodimus actually transforms into both Hot Rodimus and Rodimus Convoy, and includes a trailer that converts to a battle platform to help form the space Winnebago mode.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1996097)
Posted by nycPrime on November 29th, 2018 @ 8:45pm CST
I want this. But not at that price....
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1996145)
Posted by BotsNotPlots on November 30th, 2018 @ 4:31am CST
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1996146)
Posted by Amelie on November 30th, 2018 @ 4:36am CST
BotsNotPlots wrote:I don't know why I've only now just started hearing about the problem with knees. I've been transforming my Rodimus with reckless abandon for the last 7 years and nothing has happened yet.

You might have the 2nd release of the figure, which won't have the same breakage issue. Fortunately this reissue will have those problems all ironed out.

I actually joked with a friend online about his Black Rodimus Convoy that his knees were cursed and like some prophet of doom - they snapped off a week later... :HEADHURTS:

Being the massive Hotrod fan that I am, I'm still sorely tempted by this toy, even if I know that Takara could blow this toy away if they redid it.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1996149)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 30th, 2018 @ 4:49am CST
I once owned the original Hasbro release. I didn't like him at all and I transformed him back and forth only once. Then I sold him off, luckily for the same price I paid him.

However, that reissue with fixed issues and trailer is surprisingly fairly priced and may be a great opportunity for anyone who want to add him to his collection.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1996151)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 30th, 2018 @ 5:08am CST
nycPrime wrote:I want this. But not at that price....

Key words: you WANT it. So don't be cheap. Your alternative is the original at 480$US:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Takara-Tomy ... rk:12:pf:0

For the prices the MP line is now going for, and the size and accessories you get here, 230$ US is a pretty sweet deal.

The cheapest option would be for 50% less expensive, 115$US:
The original HASBRO with all of his issues, but with a Target Master:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TRU-Exclusive-T ... :rk:2:pf:0

On my end though, I pretty much given up on the MP line. Mostly due because I now buy stupidly expensive dolls rather than stupidly expensive bots. It's all a matter of budget, space, and priorities here.
So if you really want this release, this is the best price you'll ever get. You'll have to weight in the balance between the "want" reasons and the "do not want" reasons. If the balance tip in the "want", better preorder. If it tip in the "do not", better avoid buyer remorse. That's how I roll when buying anything now.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1996193)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:40am CST
Bit confused cos I thought people hated this figure. Or was it mainly just the quality control issues with the original release? Can't say I'm fond of it's design. Always did look a bit balloon-like and not as much difference between the two robot modes (suppose being able to change colour from magenta to maroon would be tricky to pull off)

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 1985 ORIGINAL LONG HAUL UNUSED STICKER SHEET" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2001 RID Wedge Grimlock Heavy Load Hightower instruction sheet" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY