Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue

Transformers News: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue

Thursday, September 20th, 2018 9:12PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 14,632

While we reported a reissue for Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy back in March, we never got more than Chinese language listings. This reissue appears to be a domestic Chinese release and there are currently almost no retailers outside China offering him for purchase. But we did find one listing for fans outside China. TF-Direct, a Transformers collectibles site based in Vancouver, Canada (with direct ties to China), is offering this reissue. As of right now, there is no final price given, but you can leave a $20 deposit to secure yourself one. It is due out at the end of this year. Shipping would be free to the US.

As mentioned in the chinese listings, this release has fixed hips (an issue which was fixed in the previous reissue) but aside from that it should be the same figure as before. It does come with all the accessories that came with the original Takara version (like the trailer).

For those who want a shot at owning this figure, you can find the listing here.

Credit(s): tf direct

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985178)
Posted by itscramtastic on September 21st, 2018 @ 8:13am CDT
I just want the dang trailer for the low low price of somehow no cost to me. :lol:
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985212)
Posted by Lore Keeper on September 21st, 2018 @ 12:36pm CDT
Very interested, but I want to see the final price before I put money down on this guy.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985322)
Posted by Bucky on September 22nd, 2018 @ 5:39am CDT

For anyone who doesn’t have an MP Hot Rod/Rodimus this is a very cool opportunity to get him, all his accessories and the trailer. And a fixed version at that. I never had any issues with mine, save for the fact that I could never get his arms in correctly in alt mode.

I want to say that the price tag is a little but much, but the way the price of MPs has been trending I guess it’s not? If I remember correctly I think I only paid $70 for Rodimus in a TRU. At the time I thought it was extravagant. :lol:

Slightly off topic. Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but I feel like Has/Tak have been pushing Hot Rod a lot this last year or two. Like, a lot a lot. It makes me think that, with the movie-verse being rebooted, they’re trying to get his character out there as much as possible, because the plan is to have him take center stage sometime soon.
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985337)
Posted by Lore Keeper on September 22nd, 2018 @ 7:41am CDT
Bucky wrote:MP Hot Rod/Rodimus was my first MP so I have a soft spot for him, but I don’t need another. Especially since I want to pick up the MP Targetmaster Version of Hot Rod at some point. I’d really love to have that trailer though. Too bad it isn’t sold separately.

Nah, it's going to be a swarm of Bees for the next thirty years! :shock:
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985345)
Posted by theguru1974 on September 22nd, 2018 @ 9:02am CDT
One problem. The TFS-Express site isn't letting me check out with a US address, it's giving me an error about no shipping carriers available to that destination. I emailed their customer service to ask what's up, but it would have been nice for someone to look into this before posting :)

Eric
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985426)
Posted by Emerje on September 22nd, 2018 @ 8:21pm CDT

Emerje
Re: Where to Get Your Transformers Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Reissue (1985443)
Posted by Shegotron on September 22nd, 2018 @ 10:28pm CDT
Emerje wrote:I've decided, I already have the perfect MP Hot Rod, I'll just hold out and wait for Takara Tomy to make a better Rodimus Prime.

Emerje

Right. I'd rather Takara give us an updated, far less fragile MP Rodimus Prime that doesn't switch to Hot Rod.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Novastar Firestar combiner" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations JUNKHEAP Junkion Wreck-Gar mold NEW SEALED Junkions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Planet of Junk Clash Platinum Hod Rod Wreck Gar Scrapheap Figures!!" on EBAY
Buy "Marissa Faireborn Afterbreaker figure lot Transformers GI Joe, NO FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on EBAY
Buy "NOVASTAR Transformers Power of the Primes Generations Deluxe 2018 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2018 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS TCG BOOSTER PACK CLIFFJUMPER SLIPSTREAM EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus E0904" on EBAY