Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next?

Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next?

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 12:11pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 48,403

Here's your chance to impact which galleries you see right here on Seibertron.com in the next month or two. Thanks to my new camera that I bought at the beginning of 2012, I'm plowing through galleries at record speed (I've added almost as many galleries in the first six months of this year as I did all of last year). I'm torn on where I should turn my focus next so I thought I'd ask all of you to see which set of vintage galleries you'd like to see me work on next when I'm not working on new galleries (which always take precedent).

Without further ado, click here to vote and tell us which set of galleries YOU would like to see next. The choices you'll get to vote on are as follows:

• BotCon 1994 Breakdown and BotCon 2004 Breakdown
  • Grand Maximus, Black Zarak, and Scorponok
  • Metroplex, Trypticon, Gigastorm, and Metrotitan
  • UK Exclusive Action Master Elites, Turbomasters, and Predators
  • Computron, Abominus, Defensor, and Liokaiser
  • Overlord, Fangry, Horri-Bull, Squeezeplay, Hosehead, Nightbeat, and Siren

These galleries are all game changers for my collection. Will you get to see me bust open a mint-on-sealed-card BotCon 1994 G2 Breakdown? Will my Black Zarak suffer from gold plastic syndrome? Will I apply the stickers to Metrotitan? Will I open up my remaining sealed UK exclusives? Will I apply the stickers to the gestalts that haven't gotten the gallery treatment? Will I apply Overlord's stickers and transform him for the very first time? The next batch of vintage galleries are up to you to decide!

The choices are pretty awesome for fans of vintage Transformers toys. Make sure you vote in this poll!

This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 12:13pm CDT

Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389573)
Posted by Optimutt on June 13th, 2012 @ 12:19pm CDT
Grand Maximus and the Scorpions.
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389575)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 13th, 2012 @ 12:22pm CDT
I think you should be VERY careful, and just get Black Zarak out of the way. I know, GPS evrywere, but its going to be done sooner or later right? May as well do it now before it ages any more. I know he's expensive as all the pit but at least it wont be that one thing you dread doing on the horizon. It'll be that one thing you finally did, and since it's out of the way, you'll never have to worry about it again. As for the others? Just throw them out whenever. It's your gallery, isnt it? Who are we to question it? I mean, you have a frikkin museum on this site, and the grandest pieces (It seems) are yet to be displayed. I think (like iv'e already said) you should just get it over with (when you have time, of course) Hope I lent any sort of hand here...
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389577)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on June 13th, 2012 @ 12:30pm CDT
Grand Maximus, Black Zarak, and Scorponok FTW!
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389581)
Posted by mattwhite924 on June 13th, 2012 @ 12:52pm CDT
As much as I hate risking Black Zarak, I would love to see a gallery of it.
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389583)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 13th, 2012 @ 12:57pm CDT
I'd fifth Grand Max and Black Zarak, but much of the Euro-exclusives also suffer from GPS, so I'll vote for them first in hopes of a tie.

With a Fort Max reissue on the way, a BZ reissue with corrected plastic in the next few years doesn't seem that far fetched. The Euro stuff, on the other hand, is extremely unlikely to be reproduced by Hasbro or Takara, thanks to those choking-hazard missiles doubtlessly sold to them by the evil arms dealer that supplied Viper squadron. Of course, if some unscrupulous KO-meister could make some copies before EVERY LAST ONE IN EXISTENCE turns to dust...

A bit off topic: I guess I'd never studied Black Zarak's face since I don't much care for Masterforce or his color scheme vs. Scorpinok's, but does anyone else think there's a strong resemblance to Marvel U.S. Blaster? I mean, if you can't see the ends of his antennae.
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389591)
Posted by Megazarak on June 13th, 2012 @ 1:25pm CDT
Scorponok and friends!!!
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389594)
Posted by alldarker on June 13th, 2012 @ 1:45pm CDT
Ahhh... Just having all these choices almost makes me giddy. My first reaction is: ALL OF THEM!

But faced with a choice, my vote's going to... Grand Maximus, Black Zarak, and Scorponok!
Mostly due to me wanting to see some of GM's Pretender shell...
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389603)
Posted by duo_maxwell_1017 on June 13th, 2012 @ 2:19pm CDT
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389605)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 13th, 2012 @ 2:22pm CDT
duo_maxwell_1017 wrote:I dont know about opening those Transformers, you probably paid a lot for them. I got a total of 194 Transformers and 108 are still factory sealed, yes most of them are pretty common and not rare like the ones you have. Im guessing that the value of your collection to be worth $20,000-$30,000+ and opening them will cause the value to go down. My collection it worth around $7,500.00, but I could never bring myself to open the ones that I have that are still factory sealed. Even though I am jelous that you have soo many rare Transformers, if you were to open some I would be really really careful use an exacto knife so the packaging doesnt tear. :BOT:

I could have swore Black Zarack was already opened...
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389607)
Posted by mattwhite924 on June 13th, 2012 @ 2:32pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:

I could have swore Black Zarack was already opened...

I'm pretty sure in the podcast about holy grails he mentioned that it was opened.
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389612)
Posted by Seibertron on June 13th, 2012 @ 2:41pm CDT
mattwhite924 wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:

I could have swore Black Zarack was already opened...

It's opened ... that was the only way I would buy it so that I could make sure that the gold plastic was intact.

While the value of my collection is of interest to me (and I hope that 4,000+ Transformers is worth more than $20,000 to $30,000), taking pictures of these toys and creating content for Seibertron.com is of far greater interest to me than the value of sealed boxes. We all deserve awesome galleries of all of these toys. That's what matters most to me.
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389613)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 13th, 2012 @ 2:47pm CDT
Ah yes, the catch 22 of leaving a GPS figure MISB: Opening one permanently reduces the number of sealed figures, but it might have deteriorated into a pile of shards inside the pristine box for all you know. Same goes for plastic that yellows easily, and PVC that discolors or develops slimy residue.

What would Orpheus do?

Different batches have different deterioration rates, of course. My only experience with GPS is a Talon I bought second hand whose launcher had the peg replaced with metal, but that's more because the pegs are too tiny, right? My Slog, Bristleback, Electro, and Killbison have held up fine, but I know I'm just lucky they all came from good batches. But again, for all we know, GPS could get even worse over time, causing total disintegration in another 10 years, so please do galleries of all the famous sufferers ASAP.
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389615)
Posted by Iron Prime on June 13th, 2012 @ 2:54pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:...taking pictures of these toys and creating content for Seibertron.com is of far greater interest to me than the value of sealed boxes. We all deserve awesome galleries of all of these toys. That's what matters most to me.

And I, for one, thank you! I would never get to see many of these otherwise - let alone own.

Love the galleries!
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389616)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 13th, 2012 @ 2:55pm CDT
I'm going to vote Black Zarak. If he's an option ... it's gotta be done.

My second choice would be those Botcon Breakdowns.
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389617)
Posted by duo_maxwell_1017 on June 13th, 2012 @ 2:59pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
mattwhite924 wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:

I could have swore Black Zarack was already opened...

Guess I didnt realize how many Transformers you actually have. So now i guess your collection to be worth well over $175,000. And its good to see that there are some people out there that are willing to share what they have spent their life time collecting. You show us Transformers that we had no idea that they existed. I some day plan to pass my collection to my kids in the future. And when I get a bigger house I'm planning on get a custom display case to I can display all of the different varations of Optimus Prime. Again kudos for sharing your impressive collection. :BOT:
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389643)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on June 13th, 2012 @ 4:42pm CDT
Seeing how he plays a part in Fall of Cybertron, I say go for Metroplex.
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389650)
Posted by DISCHARGE on June 13th, 2012 @ 5:01pm CDT
All of these are needed, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389722)
Posted by Rated X on June 13th, 2012 @ 9:07pm CDT
Go for the Black Zarak. With the possibility of an add on kit that turns Energon Dark Skorponok into Black Zarak, alot of fans including myself would love to see the original in its full glory as only you can bring it. ;)
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389813)
Posted by quickmixed on June 14th, 2012 @ 2:09am CDT
Only 9% for Liokaiser? I would realy like to see a detailed gallery of him next.
Re: Which vintage Transformers galleries should Seibertron work on next? (1389862)
Posted by spacekees on June 14th, 2012 @ 7:31am CDT
Grand Maximus, Black Zarak, and Scorponok!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus + Shockwave 6 figures included" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY