Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure

Transformers News: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure

Friday, January 10th, 2020 2:36pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,219

While it will maybe be another 3 months or more before we get to finish Maccadam, half of his pieces have already come out and most actually connect together already so it gives us a pretty good idea of what to expect when we have him complete. So I wanted to write this article since many were interested by this figure, and to some this is the most interesting figure of the entire series so far since it's a character we never got. Well now that I have (some of) him in hand, I would highly recommend that no one invest in these toys solely for the Build a Figure component.

For those unaware, in the Marvel Legends line the Build a Figure component has slowly turned from a mere bonus item or something that could not be released individually to the main reason to buy a line. Hasbro released their Marvel Legends toys for Infinity War and the Build a Figure was Thanos, the movie's main character. And when it came time for them to make a line for Endgame, the Build a Figure was once again Thanos. So movie fans had to buy Marvel's Living Laser figure if they wanted to complete the big bad of the biggest movie of all time.

This is just to show where people accustomed to Build a Figure lines may be coming from. Be it good news or bad news, Hasbro has not elected that approach for Maccadam. Unlike Marvel Legends, the figure you build here is not at all on the same level of quality, articulation or even proportion as the rest of the line. It really is just a bonus and not something that could be released on it's own commanding a similar or greater price point as the rest. It's almost like a middle ground between the Marvel Legends approach and their mindset for their previous Build a Figure energon animals from the RID line, which no one felt compelled to complete.

We knew he didn't transform but in terms of articulation, Maccadam will also be lacking compared to the rest of the line. Maccadam's entire lower leg is 1 grey plastic piece with a little amount of paint on it. So the feet are not seperate pieces from the leg, limiting the articulation. These pieces are also very light, they are not on the same quality level as anything we see in the deluxes these pieces come with. You can see images below of how tall he is going to be compared to other deluxes and he does seem small.

None of this detracts from him being a fun bonus and a welcome surprise to a line of toys that were long overdue and that I'd recommend to any fan of previous cartoon based lines. However, a bonus is all he is and if you expect more, there is a strong chance you'll be disappointed. What's great is that for those who just planned on buying a few deluxe figures out of the 8 in this set, then you can rest assured that the price you are paying is going (almost) entirely to the nicely articulated transforming figure you bought rather than a good portion of it going to a piece that you will never use.

This article was last modified on Friday, January 10th, 2020 2:41pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2048988)
Posted by carytheone on January 10th, 2020 @ 2:41pm CST
Are they are using the BAF option as a feeler for more BAFs or a full release of Maccadam? And will the strength/quality of the actual bots give a false positive?

I'm now considering getting at least one of the deluxes, but I have no interest in the BAF or any future BAFs, unless they transform.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2048989)
Posted by Burn on January 10th, 2020 @ 3:37pm CST
As someone who grew up with the UK comics, seeing Maccadam appear in the cartoon was a pleasant surprise, so I don't give a flying hoot how unarticulated he is, we're finally getting a representation of him. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.
Provided they get released here.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2048990)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 10th, 2020 @ 3:46pm CST
Woah! What's with the living ;aser hate, he was the only one from that wave that I wanted >:oP

On an unrelated note, I think our fandom could acclimate to this a little better, I feel that we're more used to buying, swapping, parting out figure's we do/don't want, unlike marvel legends where most people are gong to want most of the main line and all of the b.a.f. parts too; I think the forums here will get everyone sorted out for the most part on the figures that they want, be it only macadam or just the deluxes :D
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2048997)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 10th, 2020 @ 7:32pm CST

I'm excited to finish him, it's gonna be torture to wait out the other wave of figures.

Also, it was nice that 3 of the 4 parts in the wave could attach to each other. Makes it easier to wait, but still very impatient
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049013)
Posted by william-james88 on January 10th, 2020 @ 10:38pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I actually was ok with the Maccadam parts, and it's really cool to be taking part in this. Sure, he will be a bit small and not Transform, but he's still pretty cool and actually just as articulated as the other figures when you get down to it. He may not have ankles, but he still has wrists, and he has the torso movement/ball joints to make up for the ankles.

I like him too and really like this BAF approach as rrally just an extra. Its just that I wanted people to know what they are in for if maccadam is all they cared about.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049038)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 11th, 2020 @ 12:56pm CST
Except for Bee so far, I am mainly in this to complete a Maccadam. But the other 3 deluxes were still good enough to be enjoyed despite being bought for the Maccadam pieces
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049161)
Posted by Z3ROhour on January 13th, 2020 @ 12:44am CST
the new CYBERVERSE DELUXE FIGURES.

Are they good?
Or are they only good in comparison to the Warrior scrap?

:-?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049177)
Posted by Cobotron on January 13th, 2020 @ 10:09am CST
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049182)
Posted by Full-Tilt on January 13th, 2020 @ 11:56am CST
Awesomepow wrote:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Codes and Whirl Images Courtesy Of Prime Roller TFW2005

A -Bumblebee
C -Grimlock
E -Jetfire
B2 -Whirl (confirmed with purchase)
C2 -Chromia (confirmed with purchase)
D2 -Dead End
F2 -Ratchet
G2 -Megatron X
H2 -Stealth Force Hot Rod

Missing codes for:
-Shrapnel
-Arcee
-Optimus

I WANT IT.
Also, has anyone seen the first wave of Cyberverse tiny turbo changers? It has been a while and I haven't seen any
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049214)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 13th, 2020 @ 6:42pm CST
Z3ROhour wrote:the new CYBERVERSE DELUXE FIGURES.

Are they good?
Or are they only good in comparison to the Warrior scrap?

:-?

They are pretty darn good. Bee is the best and shockwave is the weakest, but they are all still solid deluxe figures
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049222)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 13th, 2020 @ 7:56pm CST
Cobotron wrote:I picked up Bumble Bee on a whim, and I gotta say, He's GOOD! Like shockingly good! Both modes look great, transformation is engaging and mildly complicated for the demographic they are aimed at. The designers put some thought into these Deluxes, for sure!

My opinions have actually changed and I think it's the best of the first wave.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049271)
Posted by carytheone on January 14th, 2020 @ 10:04am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
My opinions have actually changed and I think it's the best of the first wave.
Serious question; do you subscribe to the best deluxe Bee opinion? I'm not sure if that is across all lines or just in the Aligned continuity. Either way, where to do rank him against other deluxe class Bee's?
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049274)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2020 @ 10:29am CST
carytheone wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
My opinions have actually changed and I think it's the best of the first wave.
Cyberverse isn't Aligned.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049276)
Posted by carytheone on January 14th, 2020 @ 10:48am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
My opinions have actually changed and I think it's the best of the first wave.
Cyberverse isn't Aligned.
Really? Goes to show what I know. I thought it was a follow up to RiD2015. So it's the David S. Pumpkins of Transformers?

The question still remains; how does deluxe Cyberverse Bee compare to other deluxe Bees based on whatever criteria is chosen to measure with. I already know how WJ88 and DMax feel.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049277)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2020 @ 10:50am CST
carytheone wrote:I thought it was a follow up to RiD2015.
That makes no sense.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049278)
Posted by carytheone on January 14th, 2020 @ 10:54am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:I thought it was a follow up to RiD2015.
That makes no sense.
Assumptions, like hairsplitting, rarely do. I haven't paid Cyberverse any attention until someone said "hey this toy is really good, you should check it out".
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049292)
Posted by Cobotron on January 14th, 2020 @ 3:11pm CST
Think of Cyberverse as, Transformers: The Greatest Hits.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, I feel like they are just cherry picking from every incarnation that came before it.
And, that is not a criticism.
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049294)
Posted by carytheone on January 14th, 2020 @ 3:40pm CST
I picked up my first Cyberverse figure today, Gnaw. He'll just be hanging with the TR sharkticon school though.

Much like Tina Turner, I don't need another hero (Bee). 8-)
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049303)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 14th, 2020 @ 6:11pm CST
carytheone wrote:Serious question; do you subscribe to the best deluxe Bee opinion?

He is very good, but I do not quite think he is the best deluxe Bee ever. He is really good and a strong figure no doubt, but I think the new SS Deluxe at least is a contender for that role, same with the TLK deluxe, Battleblades Bumblebee (hearsay, I don't own it), and RiD Deluxe.

The full decision will come down to personal taste, but he is very high up there as best deluxe ever
Re: Why you Shouldn't Expect Much from the Maccadam Build A Figure (2049314)
Posted by carytheone on January 14th, 2020 @ 6:31pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Thanks, all I wanted was opinions anyway ;)^ I noticed a lack of Prime Bees mentioned ;) I had the RiD Bee and he was solid, but I sold him once I fell out of love with RiD15. I've made up my mind to stop at Gnaw... well and maybe a Quintesson (Earthrise pending) :-?

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Takara Generations Titans Return Legends LG Hardhead Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Returns Legend Class Deception Fangry Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Returns Legend Class Autobot Cosmos Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Return Kup" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Titan Changers Bumblebee Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG40 Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO Transformers Titans Return Autobot Cosmos NRFB Action Figure UFO" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO Transformers Titans Return Sharkticon Gnaw NRFB Action Figure" on EBAY