Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬

Saturday, February 17th, 2018 11:24PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,058

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronian Primalxconvoy attended Japan's Wonderfest 2018 and snapped images for us of the Transformers Masterpiece figures there on display. There were no new Masterpiece figures revealed though this was the first show with MP 17+ Prowl (animated version) and MP 34s Shadow Panther on dislplay. There was also the hotly anticipated MP 41 Dinobot and you can see close ups to his beast and robot head. MP Shadow Panther also had all his accessories on display, which many find to be the high point of the figure, since it includes his mutant head and comlink devices that can also be used on MP Cheetor.

Movie Masterpiece Barricade was also there. It is our first look at what Takara will release and appears to be the exact same figure some fans already have in hand from Hasbro.


Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w

Transformers News: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w
Credit(s): Primalxconvoy
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1940076)
Posted by Burn on February 18th, 2018 @ 1:48am CST
I applaud TRU Australia for their initiative in bringing Shadow Panther to our shores, and while I would love to support said initiative, that guy really does nothing for me.

Now if they do Dinobot, then I may be interested depending on price. (Would also be nice if they can go back and get Primal as well)
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1940089)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 18th, 2018 @ 4:08am CST
If you want to order any toys from the event, go here:

- http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/e/eTFWF/
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1940114)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 18th, 2018 @ 5:09am CST
Next to the stock photo --

Image
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1941060)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:18pm CST
Cannot wait for that Dinobot!!
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1941113)
Posted by shajaki on February 20th, 2018 @ 9:52pm CST
I have a question for news staff....

Why is this thread being used for generic MP news when every MP gets his own thread?
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1941214)
Posted by bigcee66 on February 21st, 2018 @ 11:34am CST
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/521323/

Looks to be coming out this September.
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1941221)
Posted by wilcosu35 on February 21st, 2018 @ 12:01pm CST
I'm interested, but not so sure about the whole "exclusive" thing. I'll keeo an eye on HLJ for possible preorders, and if not, it'll probably end up on Mandarake not long after launch.
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1941223)
Posted by bigcee66 on February 21st, 2018 @ 12:03pm CST
wilcosu35 wrote:I'm interested, but not so sure about the whole "exclusive" thing. I'll keeo an eye on HLJ for possible preorders, and if not, it'll probably end up on Mandarake not long after launch.


Well its up on BBTS website, so I'm also hoping for a HLJ release.
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1941261)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 21st, 2018 @ 1:45pm CST
I noticed that on tfsource the order for 17+ has the manufacturer listed as hasbro and there is no option for Takara, will it come later or is there no option? I know they're both releasing them but I don't want to preorder the hasbro one and wind up with it having their version of the Masterpiece box instead of the Takara one. It probably sounds dumb but I like consistency in my collection and those big obnoxious hasbro Masterpiece boxes don't have a place in my collection.
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1941387)
Posted by Emerje on February 21st, 2018 @ 11:08pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:I noticed that on tfsource the order for 17+ has the manufacturer listed as hasbro and there is no option for Takara, will it come later or is there no option? I know they're both releasing them but I don't want to preorder the hasbro one and wind up with it having their version of the Masterpiece box instead of the Takara one. It probably sounds dumb but I like consistency in my collection and those big obnoxious hasbro Masterpiece boxes don't have a place in my collection.

Since it's the same figure and the Japanese version is a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive (it will NOT be on HLJ) it probably didn't make sense for them to import it at a much higher price. I'm going to guess that Hasbro's version will be the same box as the Japanese version, but with English text just like the Masterpiece Movie line. The Hasbro style boxes could be gone or could be reserved for their own MP exclusives (Acid Storm et al).

Emerje
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1942025)
Posted by wilcosu35 on February 23rd, 2018 @ 11:54pm CST
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:In less than 2 weeks we are getting new reveals at the biggest toy show in japan.

The Biggest toy show in Japan is Tokyo Toy Show in June. ;) Wonder Festival is like the New York Comic Con of Japanese toy events. Takara Tomy didn't even start attending until a few years ago since WF is more of a collectors show and TT didn't fully embrace collectors until recently. I can't remember if Bandai has started attending WF or not, they usually hold their own Tamashii Nations event later.

But yes, they'll most certainly show something then.

Emerje


Wonder Festival is past, and no news (unless you count the Prowl redeco).
I was hoping for something but it didn't happen. So the next major event is Tokyo?
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1942026)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 24th, 2018 @ 12:02am CST
wilcosu35 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:In less than 2 weeks we are getting new reveals at the biggest toy show in japan.

The Biggest toy show in Japan is Tokyo Toy Show in June. ;) Wonder Festival is like the New York Comic Con of Japanese toy events. Takara Tomy didn't even start attending until a few years ago since WF is more of a collectors show and TT didn't fully embrace collectors until recently. I can't remember if Bandai has started attending WF or not, they usually hold their own Tamashii Nations event later.

But yes, they'll most certainly show something then.

Emerje


Wonder Festival is past, and no news (unless you count the Prowl redeco).
I was hoping for something but it didn't happen. So the next major event is Tokyo?


Just to let people know, Japan has hosted about two of their own Comicons recently:

- http://tokyocomiccon.jp/english/index.html
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1942097)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 24th, 2018 @ 9:35am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
wilcosu35 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:In less than 2 weeks we are getting new reveals at the biggest toy show in japan.

The Biggest toy show in Japan is Tokyo Toy Show in June. ;) Wonder Festival is like the New York Comic Con of Japanese toy events. Takara Tomy didn't even start attending until a few years ago since WF is more of a collectors show and TT didn't fully embrace collectors until recently. I can't remember if Bandai has started attending WF or not, they usually hold their own Tamashii Nations event later.

But yes, they'll most certainly show something then.

Emerje


Wonder Festival is past, and no news (unless you count the Prowl redeco).
I was hoping for something but it didn't happen. So the next major event is Tokyo?


Just to let people know, Japan has hosted about two of their own Comicons recently:

- http://tokyocomiccon.jp/english/index.html


.....and this has what exactly to do with Masterpiece figures?
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1942098)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 24th, 2018 @ 9:48am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
wilcosu35 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:In less than 2 weeks we are getting new reveals at the biggest toy show in japan.

The Biggest toy show in Japan is Tokyo Toy Show in June. ;) Wonder Festival is like the New York Comic Con of Japanese toy events. Takara Tomy didn't even start attending until a few years ago since WF is more of a collectors show and TT didn't fully embrace collectors until recently. I can't remember if Bandai has started attending WF or not, they usually hold their own Tamashii Nations event later.

But yes, they'll most certainly show something then.

Emerje


Wonder Festival is past, and no news (unless you count the Prowl redeco).
I was hoping for something but it didn't happen. So the next major event is Tokyo?


Just to let people know, Japan has hosted about two of their own Comicons recently:

- http://tokyocomiccon.jp/english/index.html


.....and this has what exactly to do with Masterpiece figures?



Because you could theoretically buy MP figures there?
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1942489)
Posted by Emerje on February 26th, 2018 @ 1:27am CST
wilcosu35 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:In less than 2 weeks we are getting new reveals at the biggest toy show in japan.

The Biggest toy show in Japan is Tokyo Toy Show in June. ;) Wonder Festival is like the New York Comic Con of Japanese toy events. Takara Tomy didn't even start attending until a few years ago since WF is more of a collectors show and TT didn't fully embrace collectors until recently. I can't remember if Bandai has started attending WF or not, they usually hold their own Tamashii Nations event later.

But yes, they'll most certainly show something then.

Emerje


Wonder Festival is past, and no news (unless you count the Prowl redeco).
I was hoping for something but it didn't happen. So the next major event is Tokyo?

Yeah, I think Prowl was supposed to be the surprise of the show, but they got scooped a couple day earlier. Tokyo Toy Show will probably have Beast Megatron and maybe a preview of the new Optimus Prime/Convoy. Wonder Festival Summer is in July and there's a chance of either a new animated style repaint of a previous figure (Wheeljack? Smokescreen?) or a new small G1 or BW MP since we haven't had one that isn't an MPM in a while.

Of course Japan doesn't depend on events to reveal stuff since magazines are still a thing over there. Something could be announced tomorrow for all we know.

Emerje
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1947601)
Posted by wheeljack34 on March 22nd, 2018 @ 4:23pm CDT
hope this is the right place to ask. was thinking of picking up Grimlock MP-03 or Grimlock FOC chrome edition. Would the scaling fit better with a collection of standard deluxe figures than would a voyager? and which would stand the test of time with actual usage (play)? have a son that is 10. but careful with his toys
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1947607)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 22nd, 2018 @ 4:46pm CDT
Grimlock, like most official releases of his character as a toy, seems too small, compared to other figures. MP Grim is too small compared to MP Prime, for example. Perhaps it would look good next to the "voyager" sized characters, such as CW Megatron, TR Soundwave, POTP Optimus, etc.

However, there is an upscaled, knockoff version of MP Grimlock (in both be metallic or comic colours) that's bigger than MP Optimus, making it a better scale. I wouldn't recommend ANY MP (even a KO) for a 10 year old. They're not really meant to be played with by kids.
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1947617)
Posted by wheeljack34 on March 22nd, 2018 @ 5:56pm CDT
Thanks for answering! i dont have any MP's for that reason. He enjoys big battles as I did when a kid. lol. i was trying to go for scale with the bots from CW and generations when i started buying again =)
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1947697)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 23rd, 2018 @ 6:19am CDT
Anyone have an idea if MP Hound is close at hand? Because I'm not sure if I should get Maketoy's "Hound" or should I wait.

I'm pretty sure Reflector will never happen so Visualizers is at least a sure shot.
Re: Wonderfest 2018 - MP Dinobot, Shadow Panther, Anime Prowl and More on Display #wf2018w #ワンフェス2018冬 (1947713)
Posted by william-james88 on March 23rd, 2018 @ 9:08am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Anyone have an idea if MP Hound is close at hand? Because I'm not sure if I should get Maketoy's "Hound" or should I wait.

I'm pretty sure Reflector will never happen so Visualizers is at least a sure shot.


The next G1 MPs are to be Hoist and Trailbraker, along with an MP Beast Megatron. Those are the only figures Takara hinted to be working on at the moment.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
Twincast / Podcast #221:
"Appliance Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynx Master Trailbreaker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Figure Generations Wars Combiner Class Robots Optimus Prime boy Top" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Autobot Hound WFC-S9 Shelfwear" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Strafe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Lot 12: Swerve Pipes Wheelie Powerglide Cosmos" on EBAY
Buy "RARE JAPANESE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WHEELIE AUTOBOT FIGURE MINT IN PACKAGE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart Reissue Warpath & Gears Generation One Legends Minibots" on EBAY