WST Shockwave out of package pictures

WST Shockwave out of package pictures

Thursday, March 4th, 2010 6:34am CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews, Collectables, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 41,244

Seibertron.com member Torneira has received JustiToys Operations Commander, otherwise known as WST Shockwave. Being a cool person, Torneira shared some pictures of this cool little toy and a bit of a review:
Hi,

I have received World's Smallest Transformers Operations Commander Shockwave today and would like to share these pictures of him with you all.

Use caution when transforming. He transforms just like the original.

Very detailed character, but the only flaw is that the balljoint of his right arm (the one with the hand attached) came pretty loose.

Other then that he is a great addition to the collection.

You open Bruticus'fist by pulling his thumb that is held by 2 pins, (easily detached when using excessive force) and put him in place and click it back.

I noticed that his trigger can be pushed down just a bit like the big one did.

Well that's about everything I can say about this figure.

Regards,

Torneira

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Torneira

This article was last modified on Thursday, March 4th, 2010 6:58pm CST

Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051698)
Posted by Duke of Luns on March 4th, 2010 @ 7:14am CST
The inclusion of a hand for Bruticus is just awesome 8) . Great homage, and it looks natural. So natural I didn't even realize it was a new hand at first, thought it was a peg on the bottom of him or something.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051716)
Posted by Pascal on March 4th, 2010 @ 8:34am CST
Looks pretty.

Now please enlighten me: has Bruticus ever used Shockwave as a gun in the show? I can't remember.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051717)
Posted by DTR69 on March 4th, 2010 @ 8:37am CST
3rd parties really are picking up where Takar left off. I'd love to see all the wsts together with there well made brother KOs and the just blatent KOs ie all the minature combiners.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051721)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 4th, 2010 @ 8:50am CST
Pascal wrote:Looks pretty.

Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051729)
Posted by joevill on March 4th, 2010 @ 9:21am CST
Amazing!
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051738)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 4th, 2010 @ 9:59am CST
I received my WST Shockwave yesterday too, and I can safely report that not all of them share the same problem with loose ball joints, if anyone's worried. The ones on mine are quite tight.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051739)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 4th, 2010 @ 10:02am CST
Hopefully he can be held by the upcoming FP Bruticus kit. If the hands can at least wrap around it invisible elastics can do the rest.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051752)
Posted by Starscream6 on March 4th, 2010 @ 10:33am CST
mine too had the loose right arm. i found that the 2 pieces that make up the arm are not securely held together, i fixed this by adding a SMALL drop of super glue to the posts on the one side (after taking apart) then squeezing the 2 halves back together again. make sure you put the fist in before this.

now the arm is tight as it shouldve been and works great. kinda sux we have to do this but nothing too different from minute fixes we do for has/tak figures.

all in all a very impressive piece :APPLAUSE:
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051755)
Posted by toiletries on March 4th, 2010 @ 10:36am CST
i bought two shockwaves and two blasters....very happy with both. but both arm joints on both shockwaves are very loose. as in, they cannot even be postioned at all, they just flop down. even in gun mode, when both arms are together combined by the barrel, they cannot support their own weight.

outside of that, the figures are great. it should be noted, however, that there are no autobot or decepticon symbols found anywhere on the pieces or the boxes.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051771)
Posted by Naked Magnus on March 4th, 2010 @ 11:42am CST
I received mine last week and have not noticed any problems. It looks sweet.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051796)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 4th, 2010 @ 1:10pm CST
I got one and I'm happy with it. The shoulders are a little loose, but not so loose that the arms are floppy. I can still pose his arms pretty well. Overall, considering how tiny he is, I'm impressed with the quality. I think it would be asking too much to expect it to have perfectly tight joints.

My biggest problem is that his legs are so tightly connected to the "axle" that they're on, it takes quite a bit of wiggling to slide the legs apart when you're transforming it to robot mode.

Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051802)
Posted by toiletries on March 4th, 2010 @ 1:37pm CST
"I have to admit, though: this is my first WST so I don't know how it compares to other WST figures in terms of quality. To those who have bought them: are the WST Dinobots better, worse, or about the same in quality?"

ive been collecting them for the past year or two....i have megatron, optimus prime, all the dinobots, skywarp, devastator, red alert, thrust, and now shockwave and blaster. out of all those, i would say shockwave has the loosest joints by far. the mold looks great tho, but quality wise, i would say he's the weakest.

the dinobots are a mixed fair....grimlock and swoop were the best in my opinion, and the other three were just good.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051830)
Posted by Liftgate on March 4th, 2010 @ 3:20pm CST
Nifty. But I'd rather just have the Shackwave in the photo, he's pretty awesome lookin, obscene trigger placement aside. Or perhaps that just makes him more bad and evil? Hmm. Whatever, but they really should write him into a story and make him canon. And call him Radiowave, that sounds better.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051842)
Posted by Rated X on March 4th, 2010 @ 4:23pm CST
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051858)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 4th, 2010 @ 5:32pm CST
Rated X wrote:Nice, but they should have just made him a normal size. How many people are really dying to re-enact a 1 minute scene where Bruticus blows awaty a few sentinals and shoots Shockwave into space ???

I didn't know even such a scene ever happened. I bought it because it's a miniature version of a favorite childhood toy. I don't even care if it ever happened in the cartoon, and I'm a little too old to be re-enacting cartoons with toys. I just collect them for what they are: awesome action figures.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051943)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 5th, 2010 @ 1:56am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I have to admit, though: this is my first WST so I don't know how it compares to other WST figures in terms of quality. To those who have bought them: are the WST Dinobots better, worse, or about the same in quality?

The Dinobots are about the same, as they're made by the same company, Justitoys. Although I have not heard any complaints of loose joints on the Dinobots, it could be due to the fact that they use no ball joints. The actual legit Takara WSTs could probably be considered higher quality material-wise, but they are also far less detailed than Justitoys'.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1051989)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 5th, 2010 @ 7:40am CST
OK, last night I played with this guy a little bit, and both shoulder joints are nice and tight. The elbows are a little looser, but I can pose his arms however I want and he'll hold the pose.

Because the ball joints are so small, even a minuscule difference in the manufaturing can make the difference between a loose joint and a tight one, so I suspect there's a lot of variation from one figure to the next.
Re: WST Shockwave out of package pictures (1052202)
Posted by Swiftpaw on March 5th, 2010 @ 10:59pm CST
Love how he comes with a hand for being held by Bruticus, just like the one episode.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S45 RUNG Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master Hasbro 2019 Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise BOMBSHOCK & GROWL SLITHERFANG RUNG Battle Masters" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager size Blaster (+Steeljaw) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY