You can help IDW make it to #3

You can help IDW make it to #3

Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 4:38pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 13,132

IDW Publishing's Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall has posted the February Comic Market Share results on his blog RyallTime.

These results show how close IDW is from attaining the #3 position in the Comic market, less than a quarter of a percent behind Dark Horse Comics.

You can help, of course by making sure to snatch up your copy of this week's release of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie prequel: Defiance #3, or any of the other IDW titles due out this week (including G.I.Joe), as well as next week's offerings, including:
- All Hail Megatron #9, and
- Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Alliance #4

To make IDW the #3 Market Share holder for the month of March.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Re: You can help IDW make it to #3 (899506)
Posted by cybercat on March 17th, 2009 @ 5:24pm CDT
Ummm, why do I want to make IDW #3?

(Wince) That sounds mean of me! I guess what I'm trying to ask is not 'what's in it for *me*?' because that would be mercenary and selfish (and I'm all about trying to bestow some good karma); what I mean is 'what happens if IDW gets #3 of market share?' How is that good for *them*? Why do they care?

In TV, when a channel captures a certain chunk of market share, they celebrate because then they can turn around and pimp themselves out to advertisers--see, we deliver X demographic every time, and if you place your ad with us, you will be getting the most of X demo as possible... Comics demographics are normally perceived by advertisers to be white, male, blue collar, and 18-40. (That's like, so not me). Is IDW gonna use this to enrich themselves by selling that demographic to advertisers? Is THAT what they want? Do I want to abet that?

HK, gonna buy 'em anyway. But for the record, looking at Dead Behind The Eyes Eliza Dushku in the ads? Totally doesn't work on THIS demographic.
Re: You can help IDW make it to #3 (899532)
Posted by cheeser82 on March 17th, 2009 @ 7:26pm CDT
I'm guessing it might be just so they can say they made it to #3. :)

I've never bought a TF comic, from IDW or anyone else. Might have to get one now. :D
Re: You can help IDW make it to #3 (899597)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 17th, 2009 @ 10:11pm CDT
Wow, I didn't realize that Image was behind Dark Horse and IDW... that's crazy!

I'll for sure pick up IDW's new GI Joe: Cobra mini-series.
Re: You can help IDW make it to #3 (899628)
Posted by ponycorn on March 17th, 2009 @ 11:25pm CDT
I read nothing but TF and Gi Joe anymore - representing IDW.

Still pickup Ghostbusters too, thoughI'm behind in reading that.
Re: You can help IDW make it to #3 (900241)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 19th, 2009 @ 11:52am CDT
First idw should take AHM out of continuity and let Simon finish the stuff he wanted to do with the idw verse and then I'm all for them becoming #3 but if they don't do that they're not seeing one penny from me any longer.
Re: You can help IDW make it to #3 (901837)
Posted by cybercat on March 23rd, 2009 @ 2:47pm CDT
cheeser82 wrote:I'm guessing it might be just so they can say they made it to #3. :)

It's adorable how naive you are. Really. Now, if it's about bragging rights, what's the thrill in #3? Why not shoot for number one? We are the champions!

"We're number three! We're number three!" just doesn't that certain, as the French say, je ne sais quoi.

EVERYTHING is a business. Especially with TF, which exist more or less in DESPITE of businesses (and because of fans) than anything else. Think of how many times Hasbro (I hate them with a loathing normally reserved for drug dealers) has intervened to either exert needless and stupid creative control (like 8 bajillion retreads of Beast Wars like transmetal figures) or killed a series while they thought it was still at the top of its property. Seriously, who do you think killed TFA? Could it be....Satan? Nope. Just Hasbro, I'm guessing. Business decision.

And how could you forget the hubris that took down Dreamwave?

Yeah, they just wanna be number three because it's their lucky number. Riiiiiight.

HK, 'it's not personal, it's *business*' Yes, I am quoting the Prophecy movies. If you don't agree with me, you can at least be in awe of my cultural *relevance*. Or not.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart retro Headmasters Wave 1 set of 4 Brainstorm Mindwipe!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY