You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699

You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699

Friday, April 9th, 2021 12:11pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,851

Introducing an industry first Auto-Converting, Interactive, Programmable, Voice Activated, Mobile Controlled - Optimus Prime Robot. In collaboration with Hasbro - Robosen brings your favorite TRANSFORMERS hero, Optimus Prime, to life with a fully immersive experience through voice activated actions, mobile app controls, and endless hours of creative and fun ways to program Optimus Prime to walk, punch, blast, drive, and convert at the swipe of your finger, or command of your voice! The world has never seen an easier way to convert, and roll out!

Includes:

Battle Axe and Blaster, as well as: Charging Cable, Instruction Guide & Travel Case
Mobile App - available through Apple App Store & Android App Store - Search: ROBOSEN Optimus Prime
Built in rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2000mAh)
Features:

At an incredible 19" tall when in robot mode, the TRANSFORMERS Autobot leader is awe inspiring in size and capability.
Optimus Prime is equipped with 80 sound effects, voiced by the original voice of the Autobot leader, with genuine “converting” sounds, as you watch and interact with Optimus Prime.
Authentic G1 design with detailed emblems, chrome accents and lighting throughout. Built in speakers and 2 microphones bring Optimus Prime to life!
Witness each punch, blast, breathe and conversion, all done with seamless precision, right before your eyes. Enjoy the most amazing TRANSFORMERS experience the industry has ever interacted with.
Optimus Prime is built premium throughout, with the world's most advanced collection of premium materials assembled together with over 5000 components, 60 microchips and 27 servo motors making this a one-of-a-kind, Collector’s experience!
Turn on and ROLL OUT! Optimus Prime speeds away in truck mode via voice or app. You can seamlessly control Optimus Prime in robot or truck mode via voice or mobile app commands.

To prorder: https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... rs-edition

Transformers News: You Can Own an Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699

Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101099)
Posted by william-james88 on April 9th, 2021 @ 12:13pm CDT
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101108)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on April 9th, 2021 @ 12:42pm CDT
When I opened up Unicron this week, I said to myself, at least this is the most expensive Transformer I will ever own. That thought hasn't aged well.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101136)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 9th, 2021 @ 2:03pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I'll be honest, I could not care less for this. My favourite part of Transformers toys is the puzzle aspect and for $700 I have that removed. But hey, for anyone who wants it, I am happy it's there.
Ditto. It doesn't even look that good. It's great that the technology is leaping forward like this, but I look at this the same way I look at MP-01 after almost 20 years: it was awesome at the time, but it will be improved soon enough.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101137)
Posted by bluecatcinema on April 9th, 2021 @ 2:04pm CDT
Wow, that is expensive. But a programmable, voice-activated, auto-transforming Optimus is an amazing thing.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101143)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 9th, 2021 @ 2:50pm CDT
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101146)
Posted by o.supreme on April 9th, 2021 @ 3:11pm CDT
My first real car cost close to that price :lol: . Of course it was 15 years old when I got it but still ....
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101147)
Posted by alekese on April 9th, 2021 @ 3:19pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Food for thought, Hasbro is releasing a $700 before shipping Optimus Prime at "Mass" retail, while the $600 before shipping Unicron had to be crowdfunded with almost three extensions.

Not quite, this is an officially licensed product made by Robosen, with hasbro helping distribute, as opposed to unicron which was hastak to the bone. If it flops, it's Robosen taking the fall.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101157)
Posted by Tyrannacon on April 9th, 2021 @ 4:26pm CDT
If only it were a Megatron, I could conceivably have a lot of evil fun with it. Though that price is ouch, not bueno for me.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101168)
Posted by primalxconvoy on April 9th, 2021 @ 4:50pm CDT

- https://youtu.be/GSc0JTanOnQ

Didn't Robosen also make their own transforming robot toys before, including a an unofficial, "KO/3P" Optimus Prime figure, unless this was just a custom version of their regular, grey bot?

- https://youtu.be/iC5uXxwuR3A

I believe this bot below is a prototype of the new, official version?

- https://youtu.be/0mCp7PHpw0Q

Also, here's how their previous bot is controlled by the app:

- https://youtu.be/tgSAX_ouYDw

Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101182)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 9th, 2021 @ 6:02pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! As you may have heard already, Robosen (officially licensed by Hasbro, who are helping to distribute the figure) have revealed their Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime to the world at todays Hasbro Pulse Fan Fest. Thanks to site owner, Seibertron, we now have a video showing off the toys transformation:

The toy is amongst the highest in the murky depths of the officially licensed third party area, along with ThreeZero's output, and Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri line.

Would you like to see more of what the toy can do?

Shout our in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101188)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on April 9th, 2021 @ 6:50pm CDT
I have honestly never wanted a transformer toy as badly as I want this. sadly, I am trying to move, and with the housing market broken as it is, I just cant afford the $700 to have this very OP optimus.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101189)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 9th, 2021 @ 7:00pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:I might be going blind in my old age, as I couldn't see the video link for the advert, so here it is, if it hasn't been linked to yet:

- https://youtu.be/GSc0JTanOnQ

- https://youtu.be/iC5uXxwuR3A

I believe this bot below is a prototype of the new, official version?

- https://youtu.be/0mCp7PHpw0Q

Also, here's how their previous bot is controlled by the app:

- https://youtu.be/tgSAX_ouYDw

Excellent point, how many OS updates will this be supported for; 2,3? Is that Deadpool head app still around?
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101194)
Posted by cloudballoon on April 9th, 2021 @ 8:41pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:I'm a bit concerned about apps, as they aren't always supported for the future, meaning that, unless a hardware controller of some sort is also included (or can be bought separately to use with it), then the functionality of this rather expensive toy will become limited.

These type of IoT app most likely controls the bot by Bluetooth. The solution is probably install the app in an old phone that you don't use anymore. With so many people upgrading their phone every 2~3 years, they're easy to find among friends even if you don't have one laying under the couch/drawers.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101195)
Posted by EunuchRon on April 9th, 2021 @ 8:46pm CDT
Whoa, dude! They're REAL! I mean, LOOK AT IT! We can make dis stuff now, imagine a thousand years we'll be makin' the real deal. I mean, maybe Earth will become Cybertron, and we're the creators. Mind freakin' blown. :BOOM:
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101200)
Posted by primalxconvoy on April 9th, 2021 @ 9:19pm CDT
cloudballoon wrote:

That's one way, but not everyone keeps their phones, or has a working phone. Also, the app itself might be pulled from Google Play or Apple's shop. Updates could also be made to the app that breaks it and/or makes it a subscription service, etc (which has happened with other "smart" devices). Finally, part of the system this toy relies upon might be cloud-based, meaning that if the servers are turned-off, full or part functionality is lost (again,, which has happened to other smart/connected devices).

I don't want to take such a gamble on such an expensive product.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101202)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 9th, 2021 @ 9:34pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:
cloudballoon wrote:

I don't want to take such a gamble on such an expensive product.

I agree that an old phone is very easy to get ahold of, but I share the sentiment about a hardware controller being better. It looked like from the other demo video thought that a lot could be done without the app? If you can voice command/transform him without the app, assuming he's not actively getting firmware updates that break him, he could still be worth it for me. Maybe.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101203)
Posted by AgeEighty on April 9th, 2021 @ 9:46pm CDT
In some shots his head is attached to a flap a la Powermaster Prime and in some it's not; I wonder what that situation actually is.

I'm not too worried about the app concerns. Seems unlikely a physical controller could even begin to offer all the features he's got, and I can always get hold of an old phone and sideload an old version of the app.
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101208)
Posted by Emerje on April 9th, 2021 @ 10:08pm CDT
Man, I don't need this and it would probably just stand on a shelf doing nothing, but I also give in to temptation pretty easily when it comes to Transformers. I watched the CNET video and I'm starting to wish my credit card didn't bump up my limit...

=P~

These have come a long ways since the spindly, brick-footed, thin paneled bots that looked like they'd shake apart just walking. This Prime looks as good as any Optimus Prime figure on the market, looks great in both modes, has lights and sounds with Peter Cullen's voice, and can both walk and drive around. At 19" tall, to me, this is a $700 item. The Robosen T9 came out at $500 (they're about $400 now), and has a lot of the same features as Optimus, but is quite a bit smaller and doesn't come with accessories, and doesn't talk (and certainly isn't Optimus Prime). I'm undecided.

Emerje
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101210)
Posted by primalxconvoy on April 9th, 2021 @ 10:31pm CDT
Another problem with the app is that it isn't available for everyone's (Android) device, not is it available in every geographical region. For example, in Japan, many of the TF apps and games available to Americans are not available here, it of they are, they're usually much later. In some cases with apps, such as the AWFUL Japanese version of Disney+, the app has limited content and Japanese language only GUIs.

In the picture below, you can see that the app is available at Google Play (as a beta), via the website, but it's not available at the Google Play app for my phone in Japan.

ZomboDroid 10042021122504.jpg
Re: You Can Own an Official Auto-Converting Programmable Optimus Prime for $699 (2101213)
Posted by Emerje on April 9th, 2021 @ 11:20pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:Yes, I understand that this is primarily available in the US, but as fans, we live in an age of importing things from online. With digital products, there are then extra (unneeded) obstacles, seemingly added artificially IMO, which hinders value.

You'll have to take that up with Takara Tomy. Hasbro has nothing to do with the Japanese market so there's little in it for them to fund a Japanese version of the app while they do sell toys in the rest of the world. If TT decides to offer this as well (and they would be crazy not to!) then you'll get your Japanese app. It does have preloaded voice commands so it isn't completely useless without the app.

Emerje

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Motorbreath & Thundercracker (Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Skydive Deluxe Class New - Superion" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Quickslinger Deluxe Class New - Superion" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Silverbolt Voyager Class New - Superion" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers REISSUE Generations G1 Menasor Stunticons Super Warrior Toy Gift" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW Voyager Class SKY LYNX Gift Christmas" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IDW Combiner Wars VICTORION G2 Action Figure Collection Gift DHL" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Blackjack New - Menasor" on EBAY