You can Watch the SDCC at Home Panels for IDW and Rooster Teeth

You can Watch the SDCC at Home Panels for IDW and Rooster Teeth

Sunday, July 26th, 2020 5:37am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Comic Book News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,711

SDCC at home has been happening this week-end and while Hasbro is not part of it, both IDW and Rooster Teeth had panels of their own where they discussed Transformers. For IDW, we had John Barber and Chris Ryal (who will soon be leaving the company) discussing the future of the brand within IDW. With Rooster Teeth, we got an exclusive clip featuring Cliffjumper. They also stated that the Netflix series is not a continuity of its own, it is part of the wider G1 story. That discussion starts at around the 18 minute mark.

You can watch both videos below. We also have a video from the Robocon 2020 virtual con Transformers Netflix panel that was also released yesterday featuring the show runner and voice actors.

Credit(s): SDCC and Robocon

Re: You can Watch the SDCC at Home Panels for IDW and Rooster Teeth (2073726)
Posted by First-Aid on July 26th, 2020 @ 11:26am CDT
Re: You can Watch the SDCC at Home Panels for IDW and Rooster Teeth (2073728)
Posted by william-james88 on July 26th, 2020 @ 11:53am CDT
First-Aid wrote:This really saddens me. I will miss cons and concerts. We will never see them again.

The bands I wanted to see live most were REM and the Cranberries, so the pandemic didnt really change anything for me.
Re: You can Watch the SDCC at Home Panels for IDW and Rooster Teeth (2073735)
Posted by First-Aid on July 26th, 2020 @ 12:54pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I had plans to see Skillet and Ledger in two weeks; those were cancelled. Also had plans to see Elton John's Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour. And I was waiting for Genesis to announce their US tour dates. In addition, I've missed GaryCon and GenCon (the latter of which will never happen again because of these restrictions and what will follow). I'm worried about a small Con I'm attending in April.

Live streaming is just not as much fun as being there, meeting people face to face and going to the bars afterwards with them, or listening to the other 35,000 people there with you to see someone go nuts with you or sing along to a song.

In addition, as a performer myself, they cancelled Summerfest in Milwaukee this year, which I would have played, and Wisconsin State Fair, which was another good gig. I lost a lot of gigs this summer.
Live music venues were dying before this started; there will be virtually none left when it's done. Why hire a band for $1500 when you can hire a 10 year old with an iPod and a turntable for a third of that? This virus will kill live music events, period. They will never happen again.
Re: You can Watch the SDCC at Home Panels for IDW and Rooster Teeth (2073754)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 26th, 2020 @ 2:54pm CDT
I like how they were trying to hype up Miles Luna's voicework as Cliffjumper and then they played a clip from the show where you can barely make out what he's saying because the voice is overloaded with distorted effects.
Re: You can Watch the SDCC at Home Panels for IDW and Rooster Teeth (2073771)
Posted by Quantum Surge on July 26th, 2020 @ 5:36pm CDT
Cliffjumper has a red Bumblebee head.
Re: You can Watch the SDCC at Home Panels for IDW and Rooster Teeth (2073803)
Posted by Emerje on July 27th, 2020 @ 12:25am CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:Cliffjumper has a red Bumblebee head.

Looks like his whole body was Bumblebee's, they just recolored it and called it good. Makes me think he was a last minute inclusion mandated by Hasbro.

Kinda makes me wish the Netflix Bumblebee toy was red so the yellow one could be sold at normal retail.

Emerje
Re: You can Watch the SDCC at Home Panels for IDW and Rooster Teeth (2073856)
Posted by Whifflefire on July 27th, 2020 @ 12:55pm CDT
As long as they don't kill Cliffjumper again. Give the poor guy a chance.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #255 - Judgment Day
"Judgment Day"
Posted: Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Buy "Transformers ROTF Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Class Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Botcon Elita One, Nightbird, and Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014 Comic Book" on EBAY
Buy "McDonald's HMT 2016 Transformers Robots In Disguise-#4 Thunderhoof Tractor." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Flip & Change Lock Down Lockdown Transformer" on EBAY
Buy "2006 Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Decepticon Starscream Sealed Moc..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Stomp and Chomp Grimlock DINOSAUR ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jetfire Siege WFC War for Cybertron New in Sealed Box" on EBAY