Your Weekly Memo:  Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network

Saturday, May 17th, 2008 5:26am CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 16,367

This morning, and tomorrow morning's episode of Transformers Animated is "Velocity":

"Investigating a mysterious race car, Bumblebee gets involved with an illegal underground street racing circuit, which also captures the attention of the Decepticons."

And the reruns continue throughout the weekdays leading to "Rise of the Constructicons" on Saturday, May 24th, and then "A Fistful of Energon" on Saturday, May 31st.

You can see the Cartoon Network schedule here.

As always, discussion is very welcome.

Credit(s): dragons

Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702441)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 17th, 2008 @ 5:31am CDT
FPC'd...
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702518)
Posted by leader magnus prime on May 17th, 2008 @ 9:49am CDT
blurr ;please transform for us
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702519)
Posted by shortround on May 17th, 2008 @ 9:49am CDT
Well today we got our first look at blur although they didn't really call him blur at this stage. I can't wait to see more of him, the show was pretty good over all not many g1 reference this time but still a great episode.
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702541)
Posted by First-Aid on May 17th, 2008 @ 10:35am CDT
We can't expect G1 references in every ep...Garbage In Garbage Out seemed to be an exception, aimed almost exclusively at G1 fans...and funny as hell too
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702543)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 17th, 2008 @ 10:37am CDT
it wasn't all that good, but it wasn't all that bad either.

I liked the rescue scene in the begining though.
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702559)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 17th, 2008 @ 11:10am CDT
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702609)
Posted by DavidT on May 17th, 2008 @ 1:47pm CDT
I would like to have a lil' backstory as to where the guy found the allspark crystal and what made him decide to put it inside the remote control?????
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702677)
Posted by Autoclot on May 17th, 2008 @ 4:41pm CDT
"Never give up, never surrender"... Galaxy Quest fans on the writing staff?

[Crosses fingers for an NSEA Protector TF in season 3]
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702796)
Posted by Izanami on May 17th, 2008 @ 9:48pm CDT

The scarf mostly was the biggest similarity, but also her helmet, and her overall color scheme...and perhaps the fact that she didn't speak a word too.

Even fellow ninja Prowl was the one who came to her aid.
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702848)
Posted by Ragnorok64 on May 18th, 2008 @ 12:53am CDT
Izanami wrote:Sheesh, I'm supposed to be avoiding this site right now, but I had to ask. Am I the only one who thinks that female racer near the beginning was a reference to Nightbird?

Even fellow ninja Prowl was the one who came to her aid.

Her character design did catch my eye, though I didn't pick up any Nightbird parallels till you mentioned something. Other than the scarf there aren't any real apparent similarities though.
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (702965)
Posted by TylerDante69 on May 18th, 2008 @ 8:52am CDT
It's all right.

So far the only watchable eps for me on the 2nd season are:

The Elite Guard and Mission Accomplished.

And most likely "A Bridge Too Close", the 2-part season finale with Omega Supreme and the other seekers.

Probably Autobot Camp and Fistful of Energon might be good also.

Hopefully the rest are not duds.

Season One watchable eps for me are:

Transform and Rollout
Blast from the Past
Along Came A Spider
Lost and Found
Megatron Rising

Sound and Fury and Survival of the Fittest are not bad.

But the rest are pretty much bad for me.

But with all those bad ones, the few episodes that are great for me makes this overall show 2nd only to G1. :shock:
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (703287)
Posted by Nekoman on May 18th, 2008 @ 7:45pm CDT
Well I’m going to write up some pros and cons for the episode.

Pros:

- Little to no G1 reference.
- Human villain wasn’t great, but managed to be less farfetched.
- Blitzwing got a good bit of action.
- Humor wasn’t too irritating in this episode.
- Fanzone (or whatever his name is) had a little more cooperation with the cast in this episode.

Cons:

- The BGM was the absolute worst thing I’ve ever heard. It would have been more enjoyable without it.
- Would like to know what happened to Starscream.
- More of Blur should have been shown.
- Concentrated way too much on Bumblebee and Bulkhead, it’s like their trying to phase out Prime.
- Animation was still awful, though it’s a little redundant to keep mentioning it, it should be said sense this is pros and cons.
- A bit more from the other Decepticons would have been nice.

Hey, five pros and six cons, not that bad of an episode.
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (703293)
Posted by Thanatos Prime on May 18th, 2008 @ 8:10pm CDT
omega666 wrote:WHAT?! No G1 references? I thought the whole point of the show was about one big G1 reference.

I thought the whole point was to sell a new line of toys, but I've been wrong before...
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (703391)
Posted by spiritofcat on May 19th, 2008 @ 12:58am CDT
I picked up that Galaxy Quest reference too.

Also, I thought the logo on the truck looked a bit like the Maximals logo from Beast Wars.
I'm not much of a Beast Wars fan though, and when I checked it out in more detail it isn't really all that similar.

Also, I kept wanting to see that truck turn into Motormaster. The whole Truck plus four racing cars really speaks to me of Menasor...
Not going to happen though.
Re: Your Weekly Memo: Transformers Animated Ep 21: Velocity--10:30 AM Cartoon Network (703484)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 19th, 2008 @ 9:37am CDT
spiritofcat wrote:I picked up that Galaxy Quest reference too.

Not going to happen though.

I was thinking it reminded me of the COBRA symbol. 8)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shockwave Energon Armor Cyberverse Adventures - Optimus Prime 8"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia NEW! SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - War For Cybertron Kingdom Trilogy Leader Class Megatron(Beast)" on EBAY
Buy "Series 4 MEGATRON Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2003 T-Shirt XL Optimus Prime vs. Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe Chromia Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot New MIB Betatron Combiner Scattorshot " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY