YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019

Transformers News: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019

Thursday, July 18th, 2019 12:59AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collectables
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 11,099

Although some have speculated live video of Unicron himself is impossible due to the gravitational shear affecting the ability for electronics to capture light waves our own troops on the war room, ahem, show room floor of #SDCC2019 have braved the front lines and secured actual video footage of the Chaos Bringer himself! That's right Seibertron is bringing you the first video coverage of Unicron!

With about six and a half minutes of pans around the entire bot you get a great view of the amazing engineering that had to have gone into what is essentially a child sized Transformer. A very, large, child. With fangs. You know the kind I'm talking about. Ok maybe that's just my neighborhood. Alas! On with the show! And make sure and stay tuned to Seibertron for the latest in #SDCC2019 Transformers news!
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2029922)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2019 @ 4:43am CDT
Nice to see the stand can still work for the bot mode. However, is it mandatory? I wonder if he can do some nice poses and stand on his own? Guess we will have to wait to find out.

As for the backpack, eh it could be worst. That perfectly ROUND planet mode have to go somewhere.

I have Armada Unicron (with Throne of Chaos) and "Amazon" Unicron. But I never expected that my 3rd Unicron would be this crazy GIANT thing! :shock:
I mean, damn, it is a few dollars above CAN900$ for me, factoring shipping and taxes. At that's the regular normal, non-scalper price. At least compared to Optimus 3.0, I will have LOTS of bot for my bucks!
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2029928)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on July 18th, 2019 @ 5:10am CDT

With regards to the stand, I don't think the final figure will need the stand to stand up in robot mode, it's just that this is a prototype that is probably less sturdy and less finished than the final figure, and it's displayed where hundreds if not thousands of people will be walking around near it constantly vibrating the ground, so it needs support to stay standing.
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2029930)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2019 @ 5:13am CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:it's just that this is a prototype that is probably less sturdy and less finished than the final figure, and it's displayed where hundreds if not thousands of people will be walking around near it constantly vibrating the ground, so it needs support to stay standing.

Yup. I think that's probably it and also why he's in such a static pose.
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2029958)
Posted by dragons on July 18th, 2019 @ 9:53am CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:If you look closely, it looks like the bulkiness of the backpack is being exacerbated by the fact it's lifted up to make room for the stand to plug in, without the stand I'd imagine it'd fold down at least a bit more.

It does look that way but who puts there toys on shelf facing wall unless you have 360 turn table , put toy as center piece middle of room lol at it all angles back pack isn’t much important I will defiantly like to see this get made for people but as time frame they gave us fans preorder him be made I don’t see them making there goal 44 days left there not half way to there goal I will defiantly like to be wrong
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030020)
Posted by megatronus on July 18th, 2019 @ 1:30pm CDT
Thanks for that video, Ryan!

I'm getting kerflempt over here.
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030028)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2019 @ 1:49pm CDT
My serious side wish for the campaign to fail so I don't have to spend that CAN900$+ on Unicron.

But my frosty side want him to succeed so that I can have a GOD at home.
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030035)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 18th, 2019 @ 2:11pm CDT
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030038)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2019 @ 2:17pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:So finally chiming in, even if unicron is in my top 3 fave characters, I find myself feeling nothing towards this figure; even if I had the money and patience, I have so many important memories towards the armada figure being my first 'big' purchase as a child that I could never replace it in my heart; but this thing definitely rocks
Oh, rest assured, even if I were to scrounge up the money for this bad boy, I wouldn't be replacing either my Armada or Amazon Unicrons. In fact, I'd actually like to get my hands on both the Energon and Takara 2010 Unicrons and have all four Supreme class Unicrons in robot mode positioned underneath this Unicron in planet mode as though they were all trying to hold up this big one like so:

Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030044)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on July 18th, 2019 @ 2:31pm CDT
Did i miss the link to back the figure?
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030048)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2019 @ 2:34pm CDT
Deathsaurus1 wrote:Did i miss the link to back the figure?
Page 1.
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030087)
Posted by megamanfan on July 18th, 2019 @ 4:58pm CDT
i realyl can't help but feel they could've handled the kibble better. having a big ol' bugshell on his back and legs makes his look worse than the armada guy. that being said, he still looks increadible, and goddamn do i wish i could get him.
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030091)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2019 @ 5:01pm CDT
Can we consider this Unicron a "Masterpiece Unicron"?

Because it kinda feel like it is.
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030094)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2019 @ 5:08pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Can we consider this Unicron a "Masterpiece Unicron"?

Because it kinda feel like it is.
I feel like this thing a unique entity that transcends even the Masterpiece label.
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030099)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 18th, 2019 @ 5:13pm CDT
I don't think there will be another unicron at this level
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030102)
Posted by Burn on July 18th, 2019 @ 5:18pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Can we consider this Unicron a "Masterpiece Unicron"?

Because it kinda feel like it is.

"Divorce Class" Unicron
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030108)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2019 @ 5:24pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I don't think there will be another unicron at this level

This make me wonder. Will the units produced be limited at the initial 8K+ backed, or will they make more afterward?

Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030114)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2019 @ 5:28pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Can we consider this Unicron a "Masterpiece Unicron"?

Because it kinda feel like it is.

"Divorce Class" Unicron

I saw what you did there.

On my end, I'm full "MGTOW" so it's of no issue for me! Seriously, I dodged so many bullets this way that you could call me "Neo".
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030118)
Posted by Burn on July 18th, 2019 @ 5:33pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:BTW, 8K unite minimum mean they need to raise 4.6 millions dollars to greenlit production. This is kinda epic.

ummmm...that's exactly what it means. It's just Hasbro's version of a Kickstarter.

What has me curious, because he's not getting a retail release, does he still fall under all the toy production rules? Does he have to pass a drop test etc?
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030129)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2019 @ 6:00pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I don't think there will be another unicron at this level

How did things turn out for the Jabba sail barge? Did they make more of that or just the initial number?
Re: YouTube Video of HasLab Transformers Unicron from all Sides from #SDCC2019 (2030133)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2019 @ 6:12pm CDT
Burn wrote:

I'm pretty sure if that thing would drop on anyone's head, it would kill. 8-}

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Medal, Coin, Transformers Barricade Commemorative Medal COIN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind and Darkwing" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Front Section Hasbro part original 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Right Tread 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Left And Right Tread 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers g1 reissue walmart Minibot Bumblebee,outback,tailgate,swerve...." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Scrapmetal Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Premiere Deluxe WWII BUMBLEBEE (26) Brand New HTF" on EBAY