I believe someone will, but "when" is up to Sega. There's plenty of people who understand what it takes to make a good Sonic game. Good sonic games are stll being made just not the the mainstream systems.
When someone does they need to do some stuff:
1. Clean house of characters. Keep only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Mecha Sonic, and Dr. Eggman/Robotnik. They were all around when Sonic was good. If they want to bring any chars in for pets sake bring in Sally. Sega kept her alive in the comics because they ahd plans for her but never followed through, she's still considered a far more popular choce for Sonic than Amy ever was, despite being a Comic character and what has curtrently transpired in the comics.
2. push for deadlines that allow quality work. A Sonic game during the genesis days took 2-3 years to put out and they were generally excellent.
3. For gameplay, take the New SMB/Megaman X8 approach, 3D chars in a 2D environment. Sonic is best in sidescrolling games.
4. Stop throwing too much story in. Sonic was about gameplay rather than story, though there was a premise and setting which was detailed in the manual. Now the story gets in the way of gameplay. Mario still does a good job of putting gameplay first before story.
5. No Voice Acting. Sonic was better when he was the silent protagonist. He's quite annoying when he talks.
6. Make sidegames worthwile. I'd like collecting chaos emeralds to turn into Super Sonic again.
7. No more Death Egg a.k.a Death Star ripoff! The fact you had to destroy that thing three times in Sonic 2, 3 and S&K was enough for me.
Last edited by Roadbuster
on Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.