I saw Jin's Movie style Unicron and decided to have a go at my own, however, I didn't raelly like his so mine is quite different. I chose a Neo Shifter (a 9.5 inch tall robot that folds into a sphere) with a face that has Unicron's forked beard and an evil looking face and then made changes to make it more 'Unicrony':
1) added joints to make certain parts of planet kibble fold a bit more out of the way in robot mode.
2) added ball-jointed horns to his head in a way that enables them to devour planets when in planet mode
3) added plastic strips to increase the surface area of the planet as there were too many gaps
4) made his planetary ring which also forms his skeletal wings in robot mode. It all fits together with magnets
5) trimmed his face so his head folds away better
6) added greebles to the planet's surface to make it look more interesting and give an impression of size
7) added armour to the robot using cuttings from ice cream tubs
8 ) added planet spikes made from toothpicks cut to random lengths
9) added planet devouring mouth to planet
10) painted him
I spent a lot of time researching different artist's versions of him to decide which version to base mine on to make him as authentic to the G1 style as possible. I wanted to change his colour scheme somehow as I don't think bubblegum orange is an appropriate colour for the dark god of chaos but then I abandoned my research almost entirely and did my own thing. Now he has a black skeleton covered with dark metallic grey armour, some metallic orange plates and silver panels on his chest. In planet mode he has lighter areas around his north and south poles just like the original. As the original had a six-pack stomach I added plates to his lower legs to evoke a calf muscle.
All in all it took me about fifty hours and although there are things that aren't quite perfect I've done my best and am very proud of the result!
If you want to see more pics then click here