This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Classics Prowl Paint Mods (Not Sticky!)

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Classics Prowl Paint Mods (Not Sticky!)

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:05 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Hello All! This is my first custom.

As anyone who owns this figure knows, the paint on his doors and sometimes roof is funky. Somehow, it does not bond to the plastic correctly, and it is therefor tacky. so I scraped the paint off of his doors and hood and redid it myself, adding black racing stripes as I went.

I also added the bumper from ROTF deluxe Barricade, as well as the light bar from that same figure. They compliment the new paint job nicely, I think.

There are a couple of other things I have added, such as arm blasters and some unit numbers.

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

To me, the racing stripes evoked fangs. I'm really happy with how those turned out.
I painted his brown "rear windows" gray because, lets be honest, the brown was lame.
These lines were made with a fine point pen. I felt they added a Tron vibe.
The blasters came from a Micro Machines...Big Rig I think. I drilled small holes in the sides of his arms to accomodate the pegs on the guns.
The rifle used to belong to Optimus from the Ultimate Battle 2 pack w/Megatron. I cut off and moved the 5mm post so it would look more like rifle and less like really long pistol.

I thought his original paint job was a bit...lackluster in robot mode. But the racing stripes add some personality.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Classics Prowl Paint Mods (Not Sticky!)

Postby same138 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Image

Nice job. The paint on my Prowl (EU Version) was and is OK, however I really like the job you did on the lines above. I've looked at a few figures and thought they could do with some extra detail, so I have a question. What type of pen/ink are you using and does it stay on the plastic well?

Cheers.
same138
Minibot

Postby Tresob » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Neato! Now we just have to find a way to bump his shoulders up a smidge...or his head down a tad.
Tresob
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:08 pm

same138 wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Image

Nice job. The paint on my Prowl (EU Version) was and is OK, however I really like the job you did on the lines above. I've looked at a few figures and thought they could do with some extra detail, so I have a question. What type of pen/ink are you using and does it stay on the plastic well?

Cheers.

First off, Same138, nice avatar!

Second, the pen. I am reading the tampograph on the clip...and it reads:

SAMFORD uni-ball Micro. I bought a pack of them a couple of years ago. They come in black or blue ink. I chose them because of their very fine point, which I wanted for this very reason. The ink flows easily from the pen, but doesn't drip. It does take a moment to dry. I touched accidentally after I put it on Prowl, and it smudged. In that case, however, it does wipe away pretty easily. After a couple of months, it hasn't given me any more trouble.

Happy modding!
Tresob wrote:Neato! Now we just have to find a way to bump his shoulders up a smidge...or his head down a tad.

I have though about this. I haven't come up with a way to do so without possibly sacrificing transformation. But with the racing stripes, I find that his black "neck" blends in better.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby same138 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Cheers Nemesis! The avatar's based on a logo 'sprayed' on a door in one of the comics, I didn't want to pick a side so that seemed the best of both.

I know the type of pen you're using (I think) the local art store'll be getting a visit tomorrow.
same138
Minibot

Postby Maximalnomore » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Motto: ""Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly. The ill deeds, along with the good. And let me be judged accordingly. The rest, is silence.""
Nice job Nemesis Maximo! I really like the added weapons!

FYI Nemesis Maximo and same138, an even easier way to do those thin panel lines (without the need for a steady hand) is to do a "wash". Get some acrylic paint and just paint over the lined area, then use a paper towel and wipe the paint off the surface. It will stay in the indents and give you a nice, and neat, colored line. Plus with acrylics, you have access to a ton more colors. Happy future modding!
Maximalnomore
Mini-Con
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks for the tip, Maximalnomore. Glad you like the mods!
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby same138 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Maximalnomore wrote:Nice job Nemesis Maximo! I really like the added weapons!

FYI Nemesis Maximo and same138, an even easier way to do those thin panel lines (without the need for a steady hand) is to do a "wash". Get some acrylic paint and just paint over the lined area, then use a paper towel and wipe the paint off the surface. It will stay in the indents and give you a nice, and neat, colored line. Plus with acrylics, you have access to a ton more colors. Happy future modding!

Thanks for the tip, I'll need to pick a 'victim' to try these techniques out.
same138
Minibot

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Nice and streamlined, I like it.

My Prowl also has the messed up paint problem, but it's more prominent on the left door/wing, the other side is fine.

I'm a sucker for touch-ups of Classics/Universe/Generations toys. Let that be your hint.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Return to Customizations

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #16 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230909 (CA) Gist (W) Percy (A)Campagna"
GHOST RIDER #16 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #6 var Demonized Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220960 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Lim"
DAREDEVIL #6 var D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #12 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230837 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #12 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Moon Knight BLACK WHITE BLOOD #2 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2022 MAY228331"
Moon Knight BLACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #7 var classic homage Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221085 (CA) Cho"
DAREDEVIL #7 var c ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #36 var Foreshadow Marvel Comics 2021 SEP210995 (CA) Panosian"
DAREDEVIL #36 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #24 var Last Look Marvel Comics 2023 APR230849 (CA) Bagley (W)MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #24 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #3 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC211129 (CA) Bachalo"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #11 var AAPI Marvel Comics MAR230886 (CA) Lee (W)Zdarsky (A)De Latorre"
DAREDEVIL #11 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #14 var windowshades Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231045 (CA) Wachter"
DAREDEVIL #14 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #9 var x-treme Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220949 (CA) Ruan (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #9 var x- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #13 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230927 (CA) Mooney (W) Zdarsky"
DAREDEVIL #13 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #10 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230952 (CA) Saiz (W) Aaron (A) Saiz + Azaceta"
PUNISHER #10 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 var Skrull Marvel Comics 2022 MAY220880 (CA) Woods"
DAREDEVIL #2 var S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON